What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

bill937ca

Something a little different. ERA Tour of Traction in Japan An English language photo magazine/book on Japanese trams during an Electric Railroaders Association tour of Japan.  Photos are mostly one or two per page and therefore large.  There are only a handful of train photos.  Not covered are the Toyohashi Railroad and Chickuho Electric Railroad not covered on the ERA tour because of time constraints.

https://erausa.org/bookstore/headlights-2015/

I've been looking for some 19D container laden KoKis for a while. These sure are hard to come by these days, so I grabbed the Tomix Farewell DD51 Kisei Line freight train set when I got the chance.

post-3895-0-76951000-1493999570_thumb.jpgpost-3895-0-64304800-1493999572_thumb.jpg

post-3895-0-75055900-1493999568_thumb.jpg

• Like 7
Yavianice

Nice find! Instead of this, I purchase the containers and Kokis separately. So far I have 4 container laden Kokis (partially on order).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice find Suica, I especially like the cover picture on the case. Also nice to get KoKis and 19Ds that are printed with different numbers and a handsome DD-51 to boot. 

• Like 1

I got that set a long rime ago for the kokis and containers. Then sold off the engine and replace the insert with a casco foam version.

Oh-ah, grey Kokis! Would be nice to have with my blue ones... I feel like I stepped by accident in the container business. Have not a single of the hard-to-miss JRF 19Ds yet. Just my tank containers.

• Like 1
JR 500系

Another box from Ami from my list of pre-orders:

post-819-0-83279000-1494030049_thumb.jpg

wait.... something's missing, right?

post-819-0-22810000-1494030052_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-43170600-1494030054_thumb.jpg

2 sets, 2 Lavender-Go buses and 2 all island buses

post-819-0-07616400-1494030056_thumb.jpg

JB45 and JB46. The Matsudo Bus looks pretty nice in its paint!

post-819-0-46415600-1494030057_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-42638200-1494030058_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-59341700-1494030060_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-93759900-1494030061_thumb.jpg

313-8000 series Central Liner set... I have been waiting for a long time for the Central Liner, ever since missing the Kato version. Now we have a beautiful 6-car set from Tomix! Saddening fact is there is only one motor, hence we cannot run them in 2 3-car consists... Unless we buy an additional motor spare chassis or a Greenmax one... Good thing is the exchangeable destination parts included in the set which will be fun to change them around!  :)

post-819-0-98895700-1494030063_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-39232400-1494030131_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-19091500-1494030134_thumb.jpg

The 209-500 Musashino line, another set that I have been searching for a long time and finally the wait is worth it... This sort of completes the Hachioji commuter train for that nice Hachioji scene!

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 3
JR 500系

Um, but the Musashino line goes nowhere near Hachioji?

Oh my bad haha ~ It really doesn't, it only goes as far as Nishi-Kokubunji with the Chuo line...

Oh my bad haha ~ It really doesn't, it only goes as far as Nishi-Kokubunji with the Chuo line...

To be frank, if you put the right destination stickers on, you will be able to have a Musashino line train to Hachiōji ;)

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 2
JR 500系

oh... Musashino-Go! The decal is included in this newer version set! So they will go forward from Nishi-Kokubunji towards Hachioji with Hachioji as their terminal instead of their regular route to their terminal Fushi-Honmachi? I guess this provides better transfer options ~

oh... Musashino-Go! The decal is included in this newer version set! So they will go forward from Nishi-Kokubunji towards Hachioji with Hachioji as their terminal instead of their regular route to their terminal Fushi-Honmachi? I guess this provides better transfer options ~

Yes, the Musashino-gō operates from Ōmiya to either Fuchūhonmachi or Hachiōji a few times per day.

Also, I discovered that there is a Hachiōji-nikkō Ltd. Express that connects Hachiōji via Ōmiya and Kurihashi to Tōbu-nikkō! Unfortunately it's ran with an 253-1000 Series of which no model exists. :(

Edited by Kabutoni
JR 500系

I see... that's an interesting route, i tried locating on hyperdia but couldn't find it, is it a special run only on certain days?

The 253-1000... is it this fellow?

Original video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcvjUZB-63s by youtube member:   oki22j

The color's nice and I do hope for a model too... perhaps someone with good painting and customization skills can make a model of this from the former N'EX 253 series?

I see... that's an interesting route, i tried locating on hyperdia but couldn't find it, is it a special run only on certain days?

The 253-1000... is it this fellow?

Yes, it's a very rare train that only runs a few times per year: http://www.jreast.co.jp/hachioji/info/20170203/20170203_info01.pdf (first train).

As a model, a 253 Series base is needed, but it needs some heavy modification on the front and underbody equipment, which makes it a hard task to do. It will need new moulds from the manufacturers, so it's not so likely to see this appear from Tomix or Kato. It'd be a nice addition to any JR East fleet, as it ran/runs on more lines than just the Shinjuku - Kinugawa-onsen/Nikkō Kinugawa and Nikkō services (e.g. Shinagawa, Ōfuna and Chiba).

• Like 1
railsquid

Well, someone has to buy Seibu stuff, so I guess it might as well be me ;)

Latest addition is the 2000 series (centre) from Greenmax, another Hobbyland Pochi event bargain.

33666355804_77eb9c99ce_z.jpg

seibu-trains by Rail Squid, on Flickr

(The 101 series, 2nd from left, is what got me into this whole model railways thing in the first place).

• Like 13
JR 500系

My Trains from JR 500 arrived. Thanks a bunch!

Glad they arrived safely! Thanks again and enjoy your trains!

Latest addition is the 2000 series (centre) from Greenmax, another Hobbyland Pochi event bargain.

seibu-trains by Rail Squid, on Flickr

(The 101 series, 2nd from left, is what got me into this whole model railways thing in the first place).

Wow didn't realize you had so many Seibu trains!

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

Sadly I've never ridden the Seibu during my visits to Tokyo, I have seen their trains many a time but was I never going anywhere that I would need to use them, hopefully next time I will get to use them but I don't think it will be happening until after the Olympics. Edited by Das Steinkopf
railsquid

Sadly I've never ridden the Seibu during my visits to Tokyo, I have seen their trains many a time but was I never going anywhere that I would need to use them, hopefully next time I will get to use them but I don't think it will be happening until after the Olympics.

Seibu is my nearest provider of train services, it kind of rubs off... Otherwise they don't really go anywhere visitors tend to go, but a day trip out to the Chichibu area via the Seibu Chichibu line is well worth it IMHO.

I always get conflicted when I see the Spacia in that color because I like the gold but the coral livery seems to have more personality.

• Like 1

New pantographs from Nariichi San for my 50000 vsa and series 0 that both had munched pantographs.

Jeff

• Like 2