What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Any update on the station sound?

BTW for translating instructions, have you tried the google translate phone app. You can take a picture of some text and then highlight what you want translated. It works quite well.

I will start a new thread on this ~ I'll post it under the 'New Releases' section ~ Cheers!

• Like 1

I did an impulse bid on a super cheap, new Tomix 3-car JR West 287 Series Kuroshio just because it was there. Now, I wanted to have a high-cab unit anyway and this most modern unit is maybe the best choice for a silly project in mind; repainting it to a Dutch Railways InterCity livery (yellow with blue stripe), as it's very close in its design to the ICM. Let's see when it arrives ^^

EDIT: also immediately ordered 2.54mm pins and connectors because I want to electrically connect my Tōbu 6050 Series for the ultimate smooth operation experience. Possibly also useful for the future installment of interior lights (even possibly with button cell batteries).

Edited by Kabutoni
Das Steinkopf

9a8890da6d7fc620798cdb479ec7aa41.jpg

Picked this up at the Museum. I guess it's a Museum exlusive?

We must be stalking each other, I was at the museum on Sunday, it's amazing what they have done to it, the amount of interactive displays makes it a great place for children. I'm heading down to Kyushu tomorrow, we are spending 4 days in Kita Kyushu and 5 days in Hakata.

• Like 1

I've seen similar at Poppondetta in Akihabara.

Meanwhile I'm wondering what kind of stock a screw train would consist of ;)

• Like 1

Thanks, ordered! Way cool bag to take toys to our monthly club lunches! Got a couple extra for presents.

Jeff

• Like 1

I was tempted by the Kleenex holder as well! But my father had made us a bunch of nice hardwood ones with fancy scroll saw work in them and don't have the heart to replace any. Guess I could put one in the workbench...

Jeff

My first new JR train ever since I moved to Japan. Probably a repainting project to a faux Dutch Intercity livery. It was less than half the new price, so heck xD

IMG_20170421_110016.jpg

• Like 5

My first new JR train ever since I moved to Japan. Probably a repainting project to a faux Dutch Intercity livery. It was less than half the new price, so heck xD

Perks of living in Japan and having Yahoo Auctions at the tips of your fingers.... Or is that something actually bad?  :P

Perks of living in Japan and having Yahoo Auctions at the tips of your fingers.... Or is that something actually bad?  :P

Bad. Really bad.

• Like 5

All that turned up was some containers, an EF210, a case for 21m carriages (a Tomix one, not Casco this time). Oh and I joined the Tomix Thomas club. 
train%20003_zpsvqqzbdks.jpg

• Like 8

The Tomix 92640 might be the best used shinkansen bargain out there.  Affordable, prototypical, easily repaired, and short enough for any size layout. 

• Like 1

As my trainshopping sightseeing Japan tour had to be cancelled due to ill health of my father I had to find other means of buying what I needed.

Sent the 17th by Modeltrainplus by registered SAL, arrived at my doorstep on the 22nd, collected from post office today. No import duty paid. :) Lucky me. 

post-908-0-84869000-1493058720_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Ian,

Best wishes on your father's health.

Nariichi San can be quite good at feeding the habit.

Jeff

Dang I went crazy on Yahoo auctions last few nights and did something I shouldn't.... grab the kiha-200s in their lovely multi colors, RED kaisoku, YELLOW NanoHana and Blue Seaside Liner, along with their partner Yufuin no mori...

Luckily for me, they wasn't very expensive, but I need to see how is the condition when they arrive....

I think we're officially set foot on Kyushu island.....   :(

enodenlover

Five small packages, all from Plaza Japan, showed up last week. I got a pack of Tomix S72.5 short straights, two Kato billboard structures ( 23-472 and 23-474 ), a  Greenmax shops with signboard kit 2163 and a pack of Tomytec wooden telephone poles. 

Dang I went crazy on Yahoo auctions last few nights and did something I shouldn't.... grab the kiha-200s in their lovely multi colors, RED kaisoku, YELLOW NanoHana and Blue Seaside Liner, along with their partner Yufuin no mori...

Luckily for me, they wasn't very expensive, but I need to see how is the condition when they arrive....

I think we're officially set foot on Kyushu island.....   :(

Ah, but you're missing the Huis ten bosh colors too!  And then, maybe some kiha 66's to run with them, and then a 787 series....  :P

Edited by Kiha66

My Tomix Kiha 47s arrived!  They're from the HG re-release of the Kiha 40 types.  Although the motor buzzes badly on my old MRC power pack, they run whisper quiet on smooth DC.  

post-3846-0-81758900-1493085879_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Ah, but you're missing the Huis ten bosh colors too!  And then, maybe some kiha 66's to run with them, and then a 787 series....  :P

actually i'm trying to grab the Huis Ten Bosch color now haha but they seem to be more elusive... is the HTB unit still running in Kyushu? Didn't see it the last time I went....

I did find one set on HS but it's an add-on set: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10152971   and it's quite expensive...

As for the kiha-66, i'm sorry, but i'm not a huge fan of these... the Kiha-200 looks really nice though...

The 787 is on the pre-order list, and I already got the 783 HTB/ Midori ~~   Time for a nice Saga,Sasebo or HTB scene  ~~