What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I'm having the 6050 Series fever bad... Just won and paid for three more Greenmax Tōbu 6050 Series sets (Cat. No. 4560 and 4563) on Yahoo! Auctions. These two sets have different numbers than the 6050 Series I already own (Cat. No. 4553), but both are likewise with the old Tōbu logo and old motor (4560). However, are already fitted with TN couplers on all fronts, so that trouble has been saved for me. Now I only need to install the TN couplers in between the cars and it's all good. For now I only want to get a set with double pantographs (preferably a non-remodelled set), as these are essential for operations in the Tochigi/Fukushima mountain lines.

It's kind of ironic to have gained so much interest in this particular type of train as it's slowly being taken out of service...

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 1

I'm having the 6050 Series fever bad... Just won and paid for three more Greenmax Tōbu 6050 Series sets (Cat. No. 4560 and 4563) on Yahoo! Auctions. These two sets have different numbers than the 6050 Series I already own (Cat. No. 4553), but both are likewise with the old Tōbu logo and old motor (4560). However, are already fitted with TN couplers on all fronts, so that trouble has been saved for me. Now I only need to install the TN couplers in between the cars and it's all good. For now I only want to get a set with double pantographs (preferably a non-remodelled set), as these are essential for operations in the Tochigi/Fukushima mountain lines.

It's kind of ironic to have gained so much interest in this particular type of train as it's slowly being taken out of service...

Tobu fever! Toni, Banzai hobby having a sale which Serotta1972 posted: http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/12215-banzai-hobby/?p=154091

There are a couple of nice Tobu trains there going for 50% off!

Another small order from Ami through SAL...

post-819-0-74393900-1491440219_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-90023100-1491440221_thumb.jpg

I love how Ami always give me a different postcard each time ~~

post-819-0-20632300-1491440224_thumb.jpg

local bus trip 5 set...

post-819-0-32782300-1491440225_thumb.jpg

This is a nice tram! I am glad I got this... it's really a LONG tram!

• Like 1

Aargh no I'm not getting the Fukuram, not getting the Fukuram, even though I rode them and everything. Really shouldn't get started on low-floor vehicles.

Also thinking about getting Echizen Railway's KiBo, JR500? They run together on the Fukutetsu network.

Edited by Densha
  • Like 1
enodenlover

All the Tomix track necessary for my new 24x36 layout ( once again on a cork bulletin board ) arrived today. Sometime in the next day or two I'll dig out the Mod Podge and start gluing it down. 

Awesome tram! Can it be DCC'd?

I'm not sure, as I have close to nothing knowledge about DCC, but I have yet to see a DCC tomytec collection chassis...

Aargh no I'm not getting the Fukuram, not getting the Fukuram, even though I rode them and everything. Really shouldn't get started on low-floor vehicles.

Also thinking about getting Echizen Railway's KiBo, JR500? They run together on the Fukutetsu network.

Why not? It's really a nice tram, orange and all... and it's really long, quite unique to a tram! I started my low floor when I bite the bullet to grab that Toyama painted tram, and found it nice to have a tram layout too so....

Nope sorry, the Kibo is not for me... it's cute, but I think i'll pass on this one as I might already have too much trams to run on the limited layout....

• Like 1

I'm not sure, as I have close to nothing knowledge about DCC, but I have yet to see a DCC tomytec collection chassis...

I've heard it said the Tomytec chassis are easy to convert to DCC as the relevant wires/contacts are exposed and there's plenty of space.

kvp can say more :)

• Like 1

Tomytecs should be very simple, having dismantled one before now. Just pop the weights and the motor cover/retainer off and lift the motor out, then you should have no trouble isolating it from the pickups. I wouldn't advise cutting the pickup strips as that might make them loose, but bending or trimming the motor terminals would do the trick.

Somehow I'm not able to reach that website. Could be that it's blocked for Japanese IP's. :/

Yup, worked a bit of internet magic and it is indeed not reachable by Japanese IP. No big loss though, as there isn't anything for my fancy.

Why not? It's really a nice tram, orange and all... and it's really long, quite unique to a tram! I started my low floor when I bite the bullet to grab that Toyama painted tram, and found it nice to have a tram layout too so....

Well, having trams means that I need my future layout to have platforms with different heights. Just taking a ride on the Fukutetsu/Echizen Railway network showed that combining high floor and low floor rolling stock is even a pain in prototype.

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

I had the rather surreal situation of receiving a preorder from AmiAmi whilst I am on holidays in Japan, I contacted them and explained the situation and they were very helpful. They processed my order quickly and it got delivered to the hotel I'm staying at the next day, it was a nice surprise coming back from Enoshima and collecting my parcel from the front desk.

post-3083-0-78014800-1491484088_thumb.jpg

post-3083-0-14500300-1491484148_thumb.jpg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 3

Delivered today from an ebay seller.

post-3935-0-42340000-1491490499_thumb.jpg

post-3935-0-27169900-1491490540_thumb.jpg

post-3935-0-94855800-1491490540_thumb.jpg

And with the EF510 for which it was purchased.  Cassiopeia head mark and no. not yet attached

post-3935-0-50695200-1491490541_thumb.jpg

post-3935-0-50668400-1491490542_thumb.jpg.

• Like 7

At my door before 8am! Three days from Tenshodo (on Rakuten)  to me.   :)  Kato 10-1170 Series 101-800 set. I now have an Orange Kato Chuo Rapid fleet with a 6-car Series 101, 6- car Series 103  set (and a 4-car add on too) and a 6-car Series 201 Chuo.   :cool:

post-75-0-01377100-1491493316_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-57943600-1491493330_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-58645500-1491493423_thumb.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 5

Love the wrap jog! Very Japanese.

Jeff

Yes it is! If Tenshodo has the order by 12 noon they ship the same day. Where else do you get that?

Edited by bill937ca

Order from MTP came in via DHL, fastest shipping there is (left Japan Tuesday, at my house Thursday afternoon). Got my Skytree Train, 12 Takis and the case for them, some Diorama Collection buildings to fill some holes, and the Nipako bus.

Question about the Skytree Train: on the back of the instruction sheet there's a diagram showing decal or transfer placement...but I don't think mine came with any. Is this an optional part sold separately? Also with the drawbar connection between car 2 and 3, I'm assuming the shorter one is for wider curves and the the longer one for narrow curves? These kind of connections always make me nervous. 

post-3438-0-64723300-1491578745_thumb.jpg

Edited by nah00
  • Like 4

Question about the Skytree Train: on the back of the instruction sheet there's a diagram showing decal or transfer placement...but I don't think mine came with any. Is this an optional part sold separately? Also with the drawbar connection between car 2 and 3, I'm assuming the shorter one is for wider curves and the the longer one for narrow curves? These kind of connections always make me nervous.

Stickers are sold separately and the drawbars are indeed for different types of curves. However, the short ones are just fine. Just stick to regular radii (min. R280 or so) and you're good.

• Like 2

I figured that they were since I thought a saw a product number on the top of the diagram showing where they go. I think there's more than enough on the train as it is now. More of a concern about the durability of the drawbar and it's connections but the again my old Kato TGV uses basically the same type and is still okay at over 25 years old.