What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Missed the EMS delivery yesterday, so went to pick this up today...

A parcel from MTP!

Special kudos for MTP to go the extra mile in getting the VERY hard to find now Kato 11-207 special interior lighting kit for my Kato 285 Sunrise Express, and getting my hands on the Special edition Tokyu Bus set!

post-819-0-31270900-1422361133_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-88928700-1422361139_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-38258300-1422361145_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-28591000-1422361151_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-09585500-1422361157_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-55199300-1422361163_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-36112900-1422361169_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-10883700-1422361175_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-63162300-1422361181_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got my E6 4 Car Add On Set and the pantographs for my Odakyu 1000 last night.

Thanx to Narichii and fast service.

gerryo

• Like 1

So far, nothing excites me more than today's delivery! Nothing beat this one!

20150129_213512_zpsueni4rsh.jpg

What's inside???

20150129_213700_zpsjj4q6l3v.jpg

YUMMY! I can't stop being excited! Wonder if i'll sleep tonight???

edit%20rail%20pass%20exchange%20order_zp

Green is the colour of the day!  :)

20150129_213740_zpseh0rnofl.jpg

Got these for free when I ordered them.... The guide will be a nice read....

Man this is exciting!  :)

• Like 2

Another order arrived from MTP this week. Beautifully packed.thanks again Nariichi.

2015-01-31115914.jpg

The tram Body is an old Tomytec one I have had for some time , which is getting powered with the new drive

2015-01-31004423.jpg

6 container lifters. A couple for friends and the rest for kit bashing into TT scale. Just needs  cab lifting higher for TT figure. These are proportionally bigger than the Kato models and  close enough to TT scale for me.

2015-01-31004409.jpg

More kits to build. I have already got the main factory for the A B and C add on kits

• Like 1

I just received from HS:

Kato ED-73-100

Kato EF81 JR EAST

Kato Series 115-1000 Nigata 

Tomix Series 169 Shinano Railway

MicroAce Kiha 47-0 Vermillion

And I have on order: 

Kato Series 885 Kyushu

Tomix E3 Akita Shinkansen "Komachi"

Oh man, easy access to these trains is not good - my first 4 Japanese sets took over 10 years to acquire as I would get them when they were available at Franciscan Hobbies and also had other hobbies such as cycling.  I've purchased over 10 sets in less than 3 months, I attribute to being home more and being on the computer and then discovering this forum. Am I the only the one perusing through MTP, Loco1 and HS every night looking at trains.  I think I need some help - when are those meetings for those trying to reduce their train consumption.  Rock bottom will be when I prematurely turn my baby's nursery into a train room.  I'm so glad to be in the company of people like me that play, model and collect trains, especially Japanese Trains.

• Like 1

The Tomix track cleaning train is now fully equipped and on the job!

Got my 2nd track cleaner from Plaza Japan today, plus the other random stuff I mentioned earlier. Kind of annoyed that he sent me a second package of high school students instead of the bicycles I ordered...

post-367-0-37533800-1422683242_thumb.jpg

I just received from HS:

Kato ED-73-100

Kato EF81 JR EAST

Kato Series 115-1000 Nigata 

Tomix Series 169 Shinano Railway

MicroAce Kiha 47-0 Vermillion

And I have on order: 

Kato Series 885 Kyushu

Tomix E3 Akita Shinkansen "Komachi"

Oh man, easy access to these trains is not good - my first 4 Japanese sets took over 10 years to acquire as I would get them when they were available at Franciscan Hobbies and also had other hobbies such as cycling.  I've purchased over 10 sets in less than 3 months, I attribute to being home more and being on the computer and then discovering this forum. Am I the only the one perusing through MTP, Loco1 and HS every night looking at trains.  I think I need some help - when are those meetings for those trying to reduce their train consumption.  Rock bottom will be when I prematurely turn my baby's nursery into a train room.  I'm so glad to be in the company of people like me that play, model and collect trains, especially Japanese Trains.

I have that same problem too. I had to force myself to purchase only certain special models lol

Davo Dentetsu

Looks awesome, where'd you get 'em?  Izumo and Seto are especially cool :)

I also would like to know.  Who doesn't like headmarks?

A private eBay auction.  However, I have noted that the products appear in a limited edition type Blue Train box set of DVDs and other trinkets/collectables.  This box appears to be astronomical in price however.

Kato D51 the Slug version. I was pleased to note the large oil tank on the tender is a press fit so can be removed easily.

Tomix C57 180 : Superb model but the tender appears to be heavier than the loco: I noted 4 traction tyres, must check C57 135 to see if this the same. 

Platz T6 and T34 1/144 plastic kits from F Toys collectio. 

I hate you in the nicest possible way.  haha  And also look forward to some pics of your Randen layout.

LOL. It's a sickness, I tell you.

I'm trying to get the carpentry done for my little portable Randen inspired layout - I tried a lightweight construction idea but it ended up too flimsy. I would like to get back to the modules, too. Things have just been too busy for fun time.

yeh! i know nothing about trains, so I just bought a freight I liked the look of, I am very pleased with how smoothly both the blue train and the DE10 runs, I would like to get more things for the train to pull along though.

Nothing arrived or will arrive because I'm PATIENTLY waiting for the $@$!$!$! Tramway N scale C11. WHERE IS IT?!?

Cheers NB

Kinda like that EF66! I always thought of having an EF66... But wouldn't the blue train add-on carriages be hard to find, seeing it has already been on the shelf for sometime? 

Expecting a large delivery today, increasing my limited express train roster yet again!  :)

The add-on carriages for EF66 are 24/14 series coaches yes ? seems like most shops are sold out sadly.. Lovely loco tho  :love10:

Edited by choco.miruku

I just received my Tomix E3 Shinkansen Komachi and a Kato Series 885 Kyushu.  Although I was a little surprise that the Tomix E3 is made in China - this is my first one that is made in China and I was aware that some Tomix are made in China.  How can one tell if a specific model is made in China aside from buying the model and looking at the bottom of the train.  Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful set, it's just that I guess I've gotten used to seeing made in Japan in all my trains and I have other Tomix trains.  Also, the motor car is the first car and the only other train I have that the first car is motorized is my TGV.  Kinda new to this stuff and lots of learning happening, just rambling.

Oh I wasn't looking for additional for the EF66, the box set comes as a the engine + 4 carriages, not sure what prototype is, but I thought 5 car lenghts was plenty for my little starter layout.

More looking at things for the DE10 to pull along, it seems like quite a strong puller so I could probably stick lots of (not sure the name) carriages? behind it.

I just received my Tomix E3 Shinkansen Komachi and a Kato Series 885 Kyushu.  Although I was a little surprise that the Tomix E3 is made in China - this is my first one that is made in China and I was aware that some Tomix are made in China.  How can one tell if a specific model is made in China aside from buying the model and looking at the bottom of the train.  Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful set, it's just that I guess I've gotten used to seeing made in Japan in all my trains and I have other Tomix trains.  Also, the motor car is the first car and the only other train I have that the first car is motorized is my TGV.  Kinda new to this stuff and lots of learning happening, just rambling.

Firstly, I think it's really hard to tell, but somehow the newer Tomix seems made in China while the older ones are made in Japan. No real hard and fast rule, but that's another tell tale sign on the back of the bookcase in small print that says whether it's made in China or Japan.

Secondly, it's strange that Tomix has the motor car in the first carriage, which made quite a lot of features stuck in one carriage, like the coupler for connection, the motor car, and the front lights all jammed into one carriage... Another one I can think of is the Tomix E259 NEX, and some Kihas too like the Umineko but that's because some of them are two car sets so either one needs a motor...

How can one tell if a specific model is made in China aside from buying the model and looking at the bottom of the train.

Good question.  I’d prefer to know whether a Tomix item is made in Japan or China before placing the order.  I wonder if it depends on specific manufacturing techniques or features?

I just checked my (small) collection, and the only China-made items I can see are an old 92158 JNR Diesel Railbus Type KIHA 03 (released 2006), an old 2164 JNR EF66 (released 2006), and a couple of old Tomix 2768 and 2769 KOKI 106 wagons.  Everything I’ve purchased recently has been made in Japan.

And although all the Tomix track I’ve collected over the years has always been made in China, the most recent batch of track I purchased - the new “PC” track with the concrete ties - says “MADE IN JAPAN”.

Maybe we should start a thread where we can post Tomix items that we’ve found were made in China and see if we can spot a pattern?