What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Lets see, Im waiting for a KATO KIRARA set, KATO Unitrack Viaduct with Japanese shop set and 2 double curved pieces for the set, what are you waiting for?

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 1
Martijn Meerts

Mainly for one of the newer Tomix powerpacks/controllers.. My current, old Trix one has some problems in the low volt output, and I can't use it to try the Tomix turntable (Well, I probably can, but not as quick and easy as I would with a Tomix controller ;))

Other than that, I'm waiting for more info about the new ESU ECoS digital controller (http://www.esu.eu/en/products/digitale-steuerung/ecos-50200-dcc-system/ecos-50200-dcc-system/), which I believe is quite optimal for temporary, digital layouts. On the other hand, I'm not too impressed with the CPU they've got in there...

• Like 1

The new Tomytech Tram which I pre-ordered from HW. It should arrive in August.

And lets see, I have 4 decoders and you can't let a decoder sit in a bag so I guess that means I need to order more trains to go with those decoders.  :hello2:

(Yeah that the illogical way of thinking.)

Jeff - I've never purchased from HW before, can you add on to a back order?

• Like 2

Another Tomix 8835 add-on coach for my 500 Series Shinkansen, and a Tomy Plarail EF66 (last of the three versions).

Also (in HO) a couple of Marklin coaches (Swiss and Belgian) and a Marklin start set (recently discontinued and a good deal - you basically get a load of free track and a controller when buying a loco and a couple of wagons, compared to normal prices).

• Like 1
alpineaustralia

Kato 3038 EF58 61 "OMESHIKI" Royal Electric Locomotive

Kato 3021-7 EF81

GREENMAX 46-6 Building Commercial 5F (A)

GREENMAX 46-7 Building Commercial 5F (B) Multi-tenant building + parking

Kato Model Railroad Catalog 2009

Tomix Track Cleaning Car (Blue) + additional Cleaning disk set

YP-522 Storage Case F for Railway Wagon (Taki II)

YP-523 Storage Case G for Railway Wagon (Koki, Chiki II)

Japanese Constructing Machine 8 pieces (Shokugan) Platz|F-TOYS 1/150|N Scale

• Like 1

Alpine - Are you going to convert the cleaning car to DCC when you get it? I think Martijn has a tutorial on how he did his.

Well, it's embarrassing but for the moment I'm waiting for:

- Kato Diesel Locomotive DD51, Cargo Renewal Livery (blue)

- Kato Covered Wagon WAMU 380000, 2 Cars Set

- Kato Covered Wagon WAFU 2950, with working Tail Lights

- Greemax 2 storey Merchant House Kit

- Bandai B Train Shorty 381 Series Yakumo, 4 Cars Set

- Kato Power Unit for Short Train

- Kato Bogies for Short Train, 3 packs of two

I do think in not so long I'm going to order also a bit of Tomix' Fine Track to build a mini layout for the B Train Shorty I just ordered.

• Like 1
alpineaustralia

Bernard

Yes I am going to try to convert it. I went on to the Japan Model Railways website to order the Lange 530022 Exchangeplate which has a standard plug NEM651 for 10 Euro (about AUD $17.50) but the shipping cost of this thing (it the size of your thumbnail) is 40 Euro ! Needless to say I am not enthused at the idea of paying almost AUD$100 to get the thing in addtion to a decoder.

I have emailed them asking whether they could send it in an envelope as it is plainly ridiculous and am awaiting a response.

In the meantime, and assuming they come back with something reasonable, can you or anyone else recommend a smal cheap decoder with a standard NEM651 plug ?

Martijn Meerts

They should have no problem sending one in a regular envelope you usually use to send cd's and dvd's and such. If not, I can always order one and forward it to you. I get a package from them almost once a month ;)

As for a decoder, anything works, but it has to be a motor decoder. A function decoder won't work. It should be about the size of the Lenz Gold mini decoder, much bigger and it won't fit. I put a Lenz Gold mini in mine (I soldered it in rather than use a plug), and I've also put a Selectrix decoder in the cleaning car I bought for my father. That one is plugged in rather than soldered. The new Selectrix decoders handle DCC as well, but they're not cheap, and might not be easy to get in Australia ;)

On a side note, I notice Atlas advertising recently with a cleaning car system for both N scale and H0 scale. It is a direct copy of the Tomix (N scale) and Dapol (H0 scale) cars, and I know Dapol had to get permission from Tomix to make the H0 scale version. I do hope Atlas have permission to make their own versions, otherwise they might just get into trouble.

The upside is of course that some decoder company might make a drop-in decoder board available, seeing as Atlas is a more common name in the US than Tomix and Dapol =)

CaptOblivious

Alpine, I did in fact ask if they would ship those decoders cheaply, and they replied that they would. The cost to ship to the US came to something like $2. I haven't ordered it yet…

And nor do I have anything in the pipeline! I just an hour ago picked up the one item I had been waiting on, a Micro Ace Keisei Skyliner (ooh, pretty! Anyone know how to get the shell off these things?)

Martijn Meerts

Alpine, I did in fact ask if they would ship those decoders cheaply, and they replied that they would. The cost to ship to the US came to something like $2. I haven't ordered it yet…

And nor do I have anything in the pipeline! I just an hour ago picked up the one item I had been waiting on, a Micro Ace Keisei Skyliner (ooh, pretty! Anyone know how to get the shell off these things?)

Check the blue sideskirts on the skyliner, see if any of them are missing on the ends of the cars.

There are supposed to be 2 missing (on the same car and same end, it's like that in the prototype), but it seems some are missing skirts in other places as well, it's all a bit random ;)

I'm waiting for a Kato 10-car line E531 series EMU from the Joban line. Along with this I also ordered some pieces of N gauge track to accommodate all possible future Japanese locomotives in my showcase.

I'm really exciting - I'm waiting for a kato incline pier set ( with gradient track ) via ebay. :laugh:

I would'nt mind waiting for a Narita Express or an E231 set! :cool:

Martijn Meerts

I'm actually waiting for quite a few things, still have some stuff I pre-ordered a while ago ;)

Among them are some more add on bits for the Tomix 0-2000 shinkansen, MicroAce 100-9000 X1 shinkansen + add on, Tomix 583 series "Spur Express", MicroAce ED17-2, MicroAce ED18-1, MicroAce 789-1000 JR Hokkaido Rapid Airport, MicroAce D52-468, MicroAce D51-1, MicroAce EF57-1, Kato Narita Express + add on, Kato E4 Max + add on, and a variety of buildings, cars, trailers, construction vehicles etc.

Really need to stop buying, and start building =)

I'm really exciting - I'm waiting for a kato incline pier set ( with gradient track ) via ebay. :laugh:

I would'nt mind waiting for a Narita Express or an E231 set! :cool:

Hey ChrisV Id love to waiting for a Narita Express as well.

Received the first shipment notice:

- Bandai B Train Shorty 381 Series Yakumo, 4 Cars Set

- Kato Power Unit for Short Train

- Kato Bogies for Short Train, 3 packs of two

alpineaustralia
They should have no problem sending one in a regular envelope you usually use to send cd's and dvd's and such. If not, I can always order one and forward it to you. I get a package from them almost once a month ;)

They sent me back a note agreeing to send one over for 4.50 Euro (about AUD $7.90) postage. That makes it about AUD$30 altogether for the exchange plate before I even get a decoder. This is getting pricey.

As for a decoder, anything works, but it has to be a motor decoder. A function decoder won't work. It should be about the size of the Lenz Gold mini decoder, much bigger and it won't fit. I put a Lenz Gold mini in mine (I soldered it in rather than use a plug), and I've also put a Selectrix decoder in the cleaning car I bought for my father. That one is plugged in rather than soldered. The new Selectrix decoders handle DCC as well, but they're not cheap, and might not be easy to get in Australia ;)

Martijn are you suggesting that the Lenz needs to be soldered or just that you prefered to solder it?

Martijn Meerts

Martijn are you suggesting that the Lenz needs to be soldered or just that you prefered to solder it?

I'm pretty sure they have versions that you can just plug in, but I just happened to had a decoder that wasn't in use yet, and that decoder happened to be one with wires and no plug ;)

MB Klein finally restocked the Butterfly platforms and Kato Overhead stations I need to Kitbash in order to finish my mainline stations. Yahoo!!

lots of little bits and pieces from hobby world mainly. i have been having great fun with them as they ship sal and a few small things will ship for the minimum of 480yen so its easy every week or so to order a few interesting items and its so inexpensive to ship. rare to get anything to ship to you in the us for under $5! then nice to have it take 1-3 weeks and its a big surprise when it comes up.

latest order a set of sumo wrestlers, refs and audience. want to do a sumo on the park or near a shrine ttrak scene for a festival scene.

ru21 reverser just came in today so thats a new toy to play with!

just ordered a bus set 11 and a neat car carrier trailer from plaza today!

http://tinyurl.com/mgujfx

cheers

jeff

Guys, I admit I fell for it again :cheesy . Now I'm waiting for a 10 car Tokaido E217 as well. I know this one isn't operating north of Tokyo, but it just seemed to beg, "buy me!" Know the feeling? :grin

Now I'll need to get the five car set as well, eventually. Or do the E217s on the Tokaido line also operate as ten car units only?

You fell victim to the Oscar Wilde quote, "I can resist anything but temptation."

I find that even when I have a train in my fleet, if I see it at an amazing price I just can't stop myself from buying it. You always need a spare, right?

I find that even when I have a train in my fleet, if I see it at an amazing price I just can't stop myself from buying it. You always need a spare, right?

- Hello, my name is Bernard and I'm a trainaholic.

- Hello Bernard!

:grin

• Like 2