What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Martijn Meerts

Seems the last parts of my brass C62-2 kit are underway after almost 2 years worth of collecting them =)

I also think another shinkansen should be on the way...

The problem is, the stuff will be delivered to my parent's address in the Netherlands, so I won't be able to get to it for a while longer =)

At the moment, I'm waiting on the following TomyTec stuff on ropder from HitJapan and HobbySearch:

• Barbershop Gallery II
  • Clock Barber Shop I and II
  • Post Office Drug Store II
  • Festival Stalls A-D
  • Turret of Festival
  • Mikoshi & Andon
  • Tennet trees and Appartments
  • Sakura Trees

My Modemo NT102 scheduled for August-September is now delayed until November.  One of those was too be a Christmas gift.  Hmmmn.   My last pre-order was months overdue.

Also waiting for:

• Micro Ace Meitetsu 5500 4 car set
  • DJ The Railroad Diagram Information[ magazine/li]
    • An order of small miscellaneous items
    • Tomytec SHM-02 Manual Front Rollsign Series 113 Tokaido/Sanyo Line
    • Skynet Multi-unit apartments (White) 2 Building Set

The first three items should arrive next week.  The other two are reservations.

Claude_Dreyfus

A Micro Ace class 215 set should be winging its way over here fairly soon. Really chuffed to get one of these as it is a missing link in my Tokaido line fleet, and oddly enough my Chuo line fleet as well  :cheesy

Currently having a think about which buildings to get next, although an EF210 keeps telling me to buy it every time I am in my local shop, as we are planning to modify our existing club layout as a temporary Japanese model until we have completed our main project. Then it will probably be changed again, probably to German outline...

It's one of the big UK shows next month at Birmingham, which will have at least two Japanese retailers; M G Sharp and Japan Model Railways, and a layout; Katami Mittsu. No doubt some shopping will take place there - a class 189 Asuza is on the hit list...

Argh! Ordered some new tracks. This is gonna hit me in the wallet. :sad: Anyway, I'm already pondering on ordering a batch of about 10 TORA two-axle gondolas...

Also, the 189 Azusa is an awesome train. I spotted one on the Chuuou Rapid when I was waiting for a transfer to Shinjuku on Ochanomizu station. I love those old JNR-style high-cab designs. Reminds me of the 'Koploper' trains in the Netherlands (a shame they don't have nameplates/signs on their noses).

post-224-13569923366665_thumb.jpg

I might be getting at least one of the models from the list I posted several days ago for my birthday this weekend :grin .

Happy Birthday! Were you born on Halloween?  :occasion13: (Oooh finally got to use that icon)

Did you get the train yourself or give a subtle hint to someone?

Were you born on Halloween?  :occasion13: (Oooh finally got to use that icon)

Yes, I actually was :cheesy .

Did you get the train yourself or give a subtle hint to someone?

It was the latter. I'll keep you posted on which item from the wish list I will end up getting! :cool:

Claude_Dreyfus

Not a class 189, but pretty close...

Close enough to compare with the ICM Koploper

BTW, Happy Birthday for Saturday Dominik....

post-141-13569923367041_thumb.jpg

post-141-13569923367437_thumb.jpg

When I got home from work tonight all my goodies from HW were waiting for me - you beauty!

The EF65 is absolutely magic, flawless finish and performance. And the Sankei building kit looks very promising. More on that later when I get a chance to start working on it.

Cheers,

Mark.

And the Sankei building kit looks very promising. More on that later when I get a chance to start working on it.

Cheers,

Mark.

mark,

take a lot of time in prefitting all the sankei parts and also mark orientations on the back side lightly with a pencil. on my police station i found that some of the parts were almost square, but not quite so one side wanted to go one direction. instructions are useless for these details (mine were about 0.75" square so i had to look at them under the mag glass!)

they are very nice kits, just have to be very careful as to how they go together.

cheers

jeff

Mate, thanks for the good advice! It's always good to hear from someone who has the experience I lack.

Cheers,

Mark.

It was the latter. I'll keep you posted on which item from the wish list I will end up getting! :cool:

Quoting myself, I would like to mention that I opted for the E351 :grin .

mailman just brought an N scale plastic model kit of the galaxy express 999 train 222. was hoping i could easily power it with a kato or tomytec mechanism, but nothing seems to fit well at first look, so it may end up just a static model. thought it would catch some eyes if i put it out on the jrm layout! when i get more time ill look harder to see if something might work to power it.

cheers

jeff

So I've just finished saving for my next (wanted not needed!) purchase and am having some trouble deciding!

I was thinking of getting my first non-shinkansen and am trying to choose between:

Kato series 583 limited express (they look so beefy)

Kato series E351 Express Super Azusa  (they just seem neat!)

Kato Series 485 (pretty)

Kato Series 189 Limited Express (just seem a classic design)

I really like the raised cab designs

As you can see my reasons are pretty simple and purely based on aesthetics :)

any recommendations?

G

G,

ouch i share the attraction/affliction and i have all of these and love them all for their own spin on the cab over design too! Its hard to say which start with! i started with the classic 189 as i got one on a good deal very early on in collecting! i think the 583 was the last i picked up, but its got its own muscle car look/build that is really nice. the 485s and E351 have those svelte lines. am i making this any easier!?

to rub it in...

the 683 & E653 have clean lines as well

the 151 & 181(& early 485) has that really classic 50s look!

the 285 sunrise is an interesting take

the 651 & 261 has a more modern muscle car look

all good choices so you cant go wrong in my book! i too tend to be swayed by the esthetics in my train purchases!

cheers

jeff

So I've just finished saving for my next (wanted not needed!) purchase and am having some trouble deciding!

I was thinking of getting my first non-shinkansen and am trying to choose between:

Kato Series 485 (pretty)

any recommendations?

G

Kato Series 485 (pretty)

any recommendations?

G

Either of the first two choices would please you, but buy all four at some stage. Asthetics-based choices seem to offer more satisfaction than filling up a roster for a particular route/region:))

Angus