What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

A day of more losses than wins—my 8x4 sheets of XPS broke apart on my roof rack and I had to break them into quarters to get them inside the car—but here is something cheerful. A couple of containers and a bus, purchased with Hobby Search points. 

7D5AC77E-764C-4FF3-B4A5-2F157E2B9F14.thumb.jpeg.f1c6ee6ba4b7073dc695cd9cb3b5e800.jpeg

• Like 9

4x8 insulation sheets?  Yeah they aint real strong against 60kph/35mph winds.

I have a heap in the corner of the garage broken up.  I figure they will be cut up for mountains anyways, so not really a problem being an intact sheet.

Ordered a limited edition Mizukaze (Tomix) very beautiful model but it came out of the box with one of the bogies on the motor car detached. From hobby search. Just had to have a cry everyone. Do you guys think it’s an easy fix? 

3B1970EC-878B-471A-B599-2B745422243D.jpeg

• Like 3

Yes, just needs to be pushed back into place and should clip on. Just be careful making sure the springs go into the recesses correctly. I bent one on a EH500 from Tomix. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Suica said:

MicroAce Nagaden 3500 series

ELrHaLGWsAEIPP2.thumb.jpg.3731a94766def285b35eee477fde2c0f.jpg

These 3500 and 3600 Series are really tempting. They will probably join the “I shall not succumb” file that the Nishitetsu 5000 Series has been haunting for a decade...

Edited by disturbman
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Thankyu6300 said:

Ordered a limited edition Mizukaze (Tomix) very beautiful model but it came out of the box with one of the bogies on the motor car detached. From hobby search. Just had to have a cry everyone. Do you guys think it’s an easy fix? 

has nothing to do with hobbysearch, happens often in shipping. Just click it back in gently and off you go without issues.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Thankyu6300 said:

3B1970EC-878B-471A-B599-2B745422243D.jpeg

Should just push straight back in.

Thanks for helping me guys it was just a simple push. Never ordered a train this expensive was kind of scared of hurting it. Runs like a dream. Cheers yaviance, kamome & katoftw 

• Like 3

I know this is not the most popular set, but I had to buy it since I was in Kyushu this summer and I rode it.

Plus, I didn't have a 800 series yet, so...

GO! Waku Waku trip with Mickey 800 series JR Kyushu Shinkansen:

1882443034_Image265.thumb.png.ce8dce24ed8d54dded20252033caeae1.png

1140329900_Image264.thumb.png.f915b0e633902caf441dcdf2ef914e48.png

604464689_Image263.thumb.png.1ab5a6379ed63077ab314f28525a5038.png

• Like 19

Okay, on November 3rd I posted a photo of four Kato DCC JR/JNR locomotives. I mentioned that I got them with a large lot of Kato JR/JNR freight cars on a certain auction site. I paid $300 or $310 for the 4 locomotives and 49 cars. I also got the storage cases. I can't remember but I think I also got free shipping. Here are photos of the Kato freight cars:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by deathletter
  • Like 20
Das Steinkopf

That canary yellow has always tempted me and my wife has the full 10 car 30000 Series in Gudetama wrapping but I must resist. 

On 12/15/2019 at 4:25 AM, paolo said:

I know this is not the most popular set, but I had to buy it since I was in Kyushu this summer and I rode it.

Plus, I didn't have a 800 series yet, so...

GO! Waku Waku trip with Mickey 800 series JR Kyushu Shinkansen:

1882443034_Image265.thumb.png.ce8dce24ed8d54dded20252033caeae1.png

1140329900_Image264.thumb.png.f915b0e633902caf441dcdf2ef914e48.png

604464689_Image263.thumb.png.1ab5a6379ed63077ab314f28525a5038.png

Ignore the haters.  It is awesome.  I'd get it if I was not on a moratorium.

• Like 2

Hi Guys 🙂

Today my real Christmas present came as a package, the Last run Naha / Akatsuki set by Tomix from Hobbysearch. I was really lucky because a set of restock came and lighthouse (Thank you Ulli) gave me the tip 🤩

20191216_112247.jpg

• Like 7
18 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

That canary yellow has always tempted me and my wife has the full 10 car 30000 Series in Gudetama wrapping but I must resist. 

I have to confess I only really do Seibu stuff because I live in Seibuland and I see/ride the trains pretty much every other day, and am not really motivated to shell out real money for them.

Today something more modern and non-yellow:

49231686628_44b31ed76c_z.jpg

Kato Seibu 40000 series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Cheap because slightly broken corridor connector.

• Like 12

Plaza Japan  or should I say the shipper lost another package,, Twice I've ordered  from them an twice the shipping company has lost my package,,  Feeling a bit down,,, but they did refund the cost which is cool with me,  So I found a couple of Tora wagons in the UK lets see where they end up Ha!!   I also have a EF66 coming!! finally found one in the U S  

Yikes, two lost Sal?! Bummer! I’ve not lost any in 20 years. Was it tracked Sal? If so did they determine where it went poof?

ive not used plaza much in the last 5-10 years. Many shops in japan will use a shipping agent that picks up their packages and delivers them to the appropriate sender (ie japanpost, Dhl, etc) I think usually at the airport or customs, so it goes thru hands before it is given over to the actual shipper. Ten of course you have us mail on the other end.

how is your luck with us packages in us mail to your address? I know some localities in the us have not so good getting it there records. Luckily here I’ve only had a couple of us priority mail packages go poof, but sellers would never give a tracking number so my suspicion is they didn’t send it. Hand full of tiny less than a buck ebay packages from China but probably 99% make it thru the hell they get shipped thru (some trans shipped twice!) at times. Only letter was one with amazon gift cards in it and that the PO says probably nicked along the way as they are the cream of letters to nick.

jeff

26 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Yikes, two lost Sal?! Bummer! I’ve not lost any in 20 years. Was it tracked Sal? If so did they determine where it went poof?

ive not used plaza much in the last 5-10 years. Many shops in japan will use a shipping agent that picks up their packages and delivers them to the appropriate sender (ie japanpost, Dhl, etc) I think usually at the airport or customs, so it goes thru hands before it is given over to the actual shipper. Ten of course you have us mail on the other end.

how is your luck with us packages in us mail to your address? I know some localities in the us have not so good getting it there records. Luckily here I’ve only had a couple of us priority mail packages go poof, but sellers would never give a tracking number so my suspicion is they didn’t send it. Hand full of tiny less than a buck ebay packages from China but probably 99% make it thru the hell they get shipped thru (some trans shipped twice!) at times. Only letter was one with amazon gift cards in it and that the PO says probably nicked along the way as they are the cream of letters to nick.

jeff

have no problem with U S    Plaza Japan sent them out with no tracking    I guess that's the last time I order from them,,,,  This was something that was ordered the start of Nov  I should have known better,,, I got refunded the first time the second time they were selling items on their site that they didn't even have in stock, (that was a fun go around with them refunded again) an now this time,,   I really should have checked with the other two people that I've dealt with in the past an can trust but I didn't ,,,,,

Edited by Jimbo
not finished

I dont use plaxa japan much any more due to their high prices. But they cannot be blamed for lost packages. I havent lost a SAL yet. But did have one take 8 weeks to show up.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Plaza Japan sent them out with no tracking

AFAIK, all vendors propose shipping options with and without tracking. You have to pick the one that fits your needs. If you want to be able to track your package, choose a shipping options that offers tracking, like EMS or registered.

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

I dont use plaxa japan much any more due to their high prices. But they cannot be blamed for lost packages. I havent lost a SAL yet. But did have one take 8 weeks to show up.

35 minutes ago, disturbman said:

AFAIK, all vendors propose shipping options with and without tracking. You have to pick the one that fits your needs. If you want to be able to track your package, choose a shipping options that offers tracking, like EMS or registered.

Not blaming the seller. But my experience with them hasn't been good

Edited by disturbman
corrected quotes

I’m just surprised two bad orders like that. He was good in refunding, most shops won’t cover Sal if lost in shipping, basically at your own risk. Because it’s ebay you get the protection if it does not show up.

Do you have any issues with us mail packages in your area? The only places I’ve heard of problems with Sal is in places that have dodgy mail delivery. I’ve had hundreds to ca and md over the last couple of decades and not a one lost or really damaged critically. So from my experience the Japanese shipping end works 100% of the time as well as the us end for me.

at 6 weeks there is a chance it may still come. I’ve had a handful take 3-7 weeks. Most are pretty much 2 weeks like clockwork with 10-20 day range.

Plaza has been a pretty good quality seller on ebay for a long time now and many in the us use plaza as their main source of Japanese stuff as they like the protection of ebay and it feels safer to them. their prices are not the best, usually at retail or maybe 5% discount. Shipping is a bit high for Sal, usually $2-3 added onto what the Sal shipping price actually is, but they will combine ebay purchases for reduced shipping charges. I’m surprised he sold something he didn’t have, probably a stock issue as they have a shop and I’m sure it can be hard at times to keep inventory synched. I’ve probably ordered from them like 40 times over the last like 18+ years and never a problem. Jun got me a few things sold out everywhere else a couple of times when I contacted him. But not used them much in the last few years, so I can’t says as well how things are now, but not heard of any systemic issues with plaza.

Everyone has their own experiences with vendors, but for the most part all of the main Japanese vendors are very reputable and as good or better service than most all us model train vendors. It’s hard when you only have a few orders from japan under your belt and have a problem as it seems like a huge percentage. All I can say is my experience and those of folks I know it’s generally really good from the usual sources.

jeff

• Like 1