What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I also grabbed a load of JNR containers recently. More than I have wagon space for, until Tomi re-release the KoKi 10000 with a different number. Don't want more than one duplicate!

This is my ~first~ Japanese train. I hope that makes me an official bona fide member of the community. Woohoo!

Hmmm, desire satisfied. What do I get next?

IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6087.jpg

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, RogerMc said:

This is my ~first~ Japanese train. I hope that makes me an official bona fide member of the community. Woohoo!

Good choice!  The 485 series is a classic, that was one of my first trains too.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kiha66 said:

Good choice!  The 485 series is a classic, that was one of my first trains too.

I love love love it!

I hear there is one in Nagoya at the museum and I want to make that trip so badly.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RogerMc said:

Roger, 

its hopeless you are now officially infected. One trains down hundreds if not thousands to go... sorry no cure.

jeff

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, RogerMc said:

Don't ask us, this could end badly for you...

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, chadbag said:

My Yodobashi haul today.  I am trying to avoid buying much but had to get a few containers I don't remember having already.   Prices after tax-free and 5% Visa discount even lower!

IMG_1339.thumb.jpg.bf2931236a7662b7d4ec963943f7db1a.jpg

What is the Ghibli stuff?

On 7/18/2019 at 4:48 AM, cteno4 said:

Order from weakness a couple of weeks ago when I saw one sitting unbought at amiami. The greenmax Hanshin 1000 Series (Go! Go! Nadagogou! Wrapping). Put a dent in the credit card, but it’s a very nice looking train. Even a nice sleeve. If you are a cat fancier you’ll love this one as well!

You made me weaker so I ordered it also. But after I paid it, I remembered what hell it was with my first Green Max purchase which was made of such flimsy plastic that interior light would shine through very brightly. I am very happy to report that Green Max made this set with much better plastic so the light remains inside.

If that was the green max tamper? That seemed to be an aberration for them.

the go! Go! Go! Nadagogou wrapping is purty!

jeff

4 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

If that was the green max tamper? That seemed to be an aberration for them.

the go! Go! Go! Nadagogou wrapping is purty!

jeff

No, it was the E653 from Green Max as I commented (and video-ed) here.

18 minutes ago, katoftw said:

What is the Ghibli stuff?

Playing cards.  I already have a Totoro set I bought years ago at Aeon and we wanted to buy some playing cards to play Babanuki (Old Maid) with the relations in the evening.  I saw these and decided I had to have them.  They had a "Castle in the Sky" set as well but I did not buy it (yet).

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

sorry no cure.

Indeed, but I have some catching up to do with the Japanese. Over 30 years of American railroad.

Careful I did American for 30 years, now all Japanese and I’ve ended up with wayyy more Japanese Thani ever had American, mainly because there is so much more variety! Still need to sell off the remnants of the us stuff! 

Jeff

• Like 1
serotta1972
6 hours ago, RogerMc said:

IMG_6088.jpg

I believe in the JNS Forum Bylaws it's a minimum 5 Japanese trains and at least 1from the different categories to be bonafide member.  Before you know it you will have multiple trains in every category. 🙂 

1 -JNR Train - checked

1 - Shinkansen

1 - Limited Express

1 - Commuter 

1 - Private Railway

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t have a Shinkansen and I’m not sure I would ever buy one. Just haven’t seen one that’s the right shape. 

I’d say any three from the above list would be enough 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

it's a minimum 5 Japanese trains and at least 1from the different categories to be bonafide member.

1 - Shinkansen

1 - Commuter 

OK, I can be happy with provisional status 😉

I'm working on the above, haven't found ~the right one~ yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

I don’t have a Shinkansen and I’m not sure I would ever buy one. Just haven’t seen one that’s the right shape. 

A 400 series has nice short coaches and would look just fine on your layout, IMHO. Just saying 😉

PS when you reach the point you run out of storage space for stock, you automatically become a forum moderator.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
29 minutes ago, railsquid said:

PS when you reach the point you run out of storage space for stock, you automatically become a forum moderator.

That explains how I got the position.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

I believe in the JNS Forum Bylaws it's a minimum 5 Japanese trains and at least 1from the different categories to be bonafide member.  Before you know it you will have multiple trains in every category. 🙂 

1 -JNR Train - checked

1 - Shinkansen

1 - Limited Express

1 - Commuter 

1 - Private Railway

Only five?   😈  😈  😈

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, railsquid said:

Explains a lot!

jeff

Admitting you have a koki problem is the first step. But I don't have a koki problem, I have a space for kokis problem. 

• Haha 2
Das Steinkopf
50 minutes ago, nah00 said:

Admitting you have a koki problem is the first step. But I don't have a koki problem, I have a space for kokis problem. 

Yep, I think a number of us are floating in that boat.

I currently have 83 KoKi's and 317 containers of varying types and sizes and I have a further 5 KoKi's and 36 containers of varying types on order, my goal is to get about 360 odd containers which I am not far from doing, KoKi wise I would like to get a pair of KoKi 105 and about another 10 KoKi 104's to satisfy my needs.