bc6

What did you order or the post deliver? (N Gauge)

Yavianice

The ever vigilant German customs office has seized my tool worth 9 euro from Japan! No package shall pass!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

EF57
On 2/28/2019 at 2:28 PM, bill937ca said:

Latest addition to the tram fleet.

IMG_7040 cropped.jpg

Hey Bill, your 783 Advan looked so good to me, I had to get it, and very attractive it is.  How’s yours running?  Mine is all noisy, growling and fitful/irregular.  Also the panto is flimsy plastic.  Made in China.  Normally Modemo is better than this, isn’t it?

• Like 2

chadbag
4 hours ago, Yavianice said:

The ever vigilant German customs office has seized my tool worth 9 euro from Japan! No package shall pass!

Is it on the verboten list and it is gone for good or they just want you to pay duty on it first?

Edited by chadbag

nah00
12 hours ago, katoftw said:

Just pulled out the box of containers I have, and realized I only have enough for 9 cars.  Needs another 3 cars worth of containers.

If it makes you feel any better I have more containers than I have KoKis for...

• Like 1

cteno4
2 hours ago, nah00 said:

If it makes you feel any better I have more containers than I have KoKis for...

Same here but that was to fill up the container yard. Don’t tell me Im required to have kokis for all my containers!

jeff

• Haha 1

defor
6 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Don’t tell me Im required to have kokis for all my containers!

As long as you have forklifts and trucks for all those containers, you're good!

Welshbloke

I should get back on the KoKis. Bought a random JNR KoKi 10000 while my other ten are JRF 104/6/7s and a lone KoKi 50000 at the end. Intention was to assemble a JNR era container train as a contrast to the post-2000 set, but it stalled at one vehicle due to the difficulty of obtaining enough different running numbers.

Kamome

Managed to obtain those beautifully painted Kato Kyushu DE10s as I would’ve kicked myself had I missed out. Currently on track maintenance.

359A837B-78FB-40C2-AFB5-9094DE911961.jpeg

B94AA292-7E27-4865-BD53-E7CCE85B12CE.jpeg

• Like 7

Yavianice
12 minutes ago, Kamome said:

Managed to obtain those beautifully painted Kato Kyushu DE10s as I would’ve kicked myself had I missed out. Currently on track maintenance.

359A837B-78FB-40C2-AFB5-9094DE911961.jpeg

Did you additionally color or weather the Sonic?

chadbag
24 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Did you additionally color or weather the Sonic?

Nit:  being yellow striped,  think that is actually a Kamome.

Yavianice
2 minutes ago, chadbag said:

Nit:  being yellow striped,  think that is actually a Kamome.

Yeah I know that. But the black accents seem more pronounced (for example the door for the coupler)

• Like 1

Kamome

The DE10s are stock colour. Very nice glossy finish on them like the prototype. I was very unimpressed with the Tomix equivalent. They’re still putting shiny silver wheels on everything. It’s the one thing that annoys me about my Tomix JRF DE10. These are beautifully finished. Hats off to the design and production team at Kato.

The 885 (yes a Kamome, 10-410) was a junk find courtesy of my father in law. It needed a thorough clean up and some new pantographs. The paintwork was a little scuffed in places and it seemed to be unloved by the previous owner.

Due to this, I used it to try out some detail pinwashing. I used the Tamiya panel line accent in a mix of black and dark brown 50:50. You take the excess off with enamel thinner. I tend to thin it down anyway especially on white models. They now do a grey version for this use. Super easy to rectify mistakes.

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 3

chadbag

Except for the Ice4, the last stragglers of pre-orders.  They had slipped earlier and props to HobbySearch who was willing to fix it so they shipped together when finally available.

IMG_0798.jpg

• Like 5

Sheffie

Trees! (And a train.)

The cherry blossom has suffered a bit in transit, but they’re basically intact. 

9B7B28EE-DD36-483E-BC03-F6F87E1D371D.thumb.jpeg.61ee10d890f80e32a44ab3647fb3cdaa.jpeg

• Like 2

katoftw

1552952275009-1517297690.thumb.jpg.89d461917804e6c727c616257c9b95fd.jpg

• Like 3

Kiha66

Hope you didnt pay too much for that 10-815 set!  Prices have been crazy, so I've been waiting till the rerelease in April to get mine.

Edited by Kiha66

katoftw

At Rokko it is cheaper than HS and MTP pre-order price.  I paid 2640 yen.

• Like 1