What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

24 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Did you additionally color or weather the Sonic?

Nit:  being yellow striped,  think that is actually a Kamome.

2 minutes ago, chadbag said:

Nit:  being yellow striped,  think that is actually a Kamome.

Yeah I know that. But the black accents seem more pronounced (for example the door for the coupler)

• Like 1

The DE10s are stock colour. Very nice glossy finish on them like the prototype. I was very unimpressed with the Tomix equivalent. They’re still putting shiny silver wheels on everything. It’s the one thing that annoys me about my Tomix JRF DE10. These are beautifully finished. Hats off to the design and production team at Kato.

The 885 (yes a Kamome, 10-410) was a junk find courtesy of my father in law. It needed a thorough clean up and some new pantographs. The paintwork was a little scuffed in places and it seemed to be unloved by the previous owner.

Due to this, I used it to try out some detail pinwashing. I used the Tamiya panel line accent in a mix of black and dark brown 50:50. You take the excess off with enamel thinner. I tend to thin it down anyway especially on white models. They now do a grey version for this use. Super easy to rectify mistakes.

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 3

Except for the Ice4, the last stragglers of pre-orders.  They had slipped earlier and props to HobbySearch who was willing to fix it so they shipped together when finally available.

IMG_0798.jpg

• Like 5

Trees! (And a train.)

The cherry blossom has suffered a bit in transit, but they’re basically intact. 

9B7B28EE-DD36-483E-BC03-F6F87E1D371D.thumb.jpeg.61ee10d890f80e32a44ab3647fb3cdaa.jpeg

• Like 2

Hope you didnt pay too much for that 10-815 set!  Prices have been crazy, so I've been waiting till the rerelease in April to get mine.

Edited by Kiha66

A little parcel from Ami, and the Kiha Yokai train series is complete! 

*Don't ask me why the containers are there... I guess they were going for cheap and looked good and might as well so... 

20190316_125039.jpg

20190316_125046.jpg

20190316_125143.jpg

20190316_125301.jpg

20190316_162815.jpg

• Like 6

Some items for the Kato Unitram layout.

Kato 40-010 Unitram 186mm straight

Tomytec F1000 Fukuram in blue

Now my fleet color can be blue with 2 Fukutrams and a Munich Adtranz GT-6.  The Fukutram is actually a derivative of the Adtranz Incentro found in Nantes and Nottingham.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adtranz_Incentro

Time to get working on my layout expansion.

IMG_7053 1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 3
Das Steinkopf

My January/February preorder from AmiAmi arrived today with a little bit of this and a little bit of that for future projects. For someone who was never really interested in collecting EF65-2000’s I now find myself in possession of a fourth model of them, I blame Railsquid for that with his random pics of them at work, mind you it’s hard to go past the classic JNR livery especially when JRF is using it. 

7B0A239D-92A6-4886-8B1E-7E087D78F67E.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

My January/February preorder from AmiAmi arrived today with a little bit of this and a little bit of that for future projects. For someone who was never really interested in collecting EF65-2000’s I now find myself in possession of a fourth model of them, I blame Railsquid for that with his random pics of them at work, mind you it’s hard to go past the classic JNR livery especially when JRF is using it. 

7B0A239D-92A6-4886-8B1E-7E087D78F67E.jpeg

You still buying from amiami?

Das Steinkopf
14 minutes ago, katoftw said:

You still buying from amiami?

I have dramatically reduced my ordering from them and will only do preorders with them if the prices are lower than elsewhere, I have shifted a fair bit of my purchasing to the other suspects.

I only touch the discounted section now.  And only if the invoice total is lower than 8K yen.  There 22% off was cut in half when they added 10% AU GST.  And that destroyed any good savings offsetting the forced EMS over 8K.  Most things are over 8K as you would know.

No point buying at AA now when HS and MTP are cheaper on % and offer cheaper shipping options.  This new Rokko player has me intrigued though.  20% off all items, but must use EMS.  Makes it similar AA per AU GST prices.  But no pre-orders currently, so it is a roll of the dice to get a product.

Example:- The recent JRK DE10s = RGR 10K, MTP 11K , HS 12K (11K pre-order).

Edited by katoftw
1 hour ago, katoftw said:

This new Rokko player has me intrigued though.  20% off all items, but must use EMS.  Makes it similar AA per AU GST prices.  But no pre-orders currently, so it is a roll of the dice to get a product.

Did you ask them?

The impression I got from Mr. Tokonami from Rokko is that they only just started offering stuff to buyers abroad. Using the wrong shipping method was a dead giveaway, for example. When asked about whether they offer items to foreigners which are available in their regular store, he did say that when requested they will do just that. Maybe they will do the same with pre-orders.

11 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

For someone who was never really interested in collecting EF65-2000’s I now find myself in possession of a fourth model of them, I blame Railsquid for that with his random pics of them at work, mind you it’s hard to go past the classic JNR livery especially when JRF is using it.

So sorry about that, though now you've gone and reminded me I don't have one in the JNR revival livery, I shall have to remedy that situation especially as I keep seeing them so often.

I specifically asked them about shopping options when I brought them up here and at that time they said no sal, only EMS. I tried to encourage them to consider sal shipping as my sal experience has been excellent here to the us. The only real shipping issues I’ve have been with EMS and our postal service returning them if you have a vacation hold for more than a few days or don’t get to the post w/in like 3 or 4 days.

jeff

2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Did you ask them?

The impression I got from Mr. Tokonami from Rokko is that they only just started offering stuff to buyers abroad. Using the wrong shipping method was a dead giveaway, for example. When asked about whether they offer items to foreigners which are available in their regular store, he did say that when requested they will do just that. Maybe they will do the same with pre-orders.

I haven't really thought about it much.  I brought some items that were 2000 yen cheaper than elsewhere.  So EMS worked for me. ePAcket or ePacket Lite would have been better if he wants to keep tracking on his shipped items.

I haven't had any item/s in the last week of experience dealing with RGR come up that I like to warrant a email to them about pre-orders.  When the time comes, I will email unless someone beats me to it.

Edited by katoftw

Yeah the ePacket/ePacket light stuff is pretty cheap and faster than SAL for me to the US.   One from HS and from from NGDCC came in like 9-12 days or so (SAL was usually 3-4 weeks for me).

I've been known to request EMS on small stuff before. I just like having things quickly, I guess.

There's a very good reason to pick SAL over EMS in the UK. EMS parcels are handled by Parcelforce, who rip you off even more than Royal Mail do for collecting VAT. SAL stuff is more likely to escape the kidnapping in the first place, and the ransom is lower.

• Like 1

First trip to Akihabara for ages, well a few weeks but it feels like ages.

To my surprise I acquired a brace of highly seldom 205 series cars in Chuo-Sobu line livery (two Kato, two Greenmax) for very little (also 10% off the sticker prices), which will go a long way to helping one of my bucket list projects, i.e. a 205 series set in Chuo-Sobu line livery. Kato have produced one but it goes for silly prices (though now I've found those no doubt they'll announce a re-run...).

33565353668_f9f263efbb_z.jpg

205-series-chuo-sobu-line by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Also some random other stuff, including a set of Tomytec cars for 400 yen, and Tomix 317mm curves with wooden sleepers (at the time I was putting the layout together they'd vanished from the market so I had to make do with concrete sleepers which look out of place).

33565354798_2c3d093138_z.jpg

misc-purchases-2019-03 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 10
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, railsquid said:

First trip to Akihabara for ages, well a few weeks but it feels like ages.

Amazing finds! So fun to discover such hidden jackpot bargains! less than 300 yen per carriage, wow! Why was the bottom 2 more expensive though? Are they the Kato ones? I am assuming the 300 yen ones are the GM ones based on their rapido couplers...

A pack of Tomytec cars for 400 yen is just amazing... sometimes that Mazda van alone is almost 400 yen!  

• Like 1