What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

40 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Ordered: Kato JR Kyushu DE10, one pair. 

So if anyone wants just one of these engines, let me know. 

Guessing you wanna sell the one without tyres?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Guessing you wanna sell the one without tyres?

I don’t know yet. I was planning on trying out the no-tyre version first. If that can handle the gradient I have now, I’m happy to keep it. My layout is small enough that I’m never going to be running a massive freight train. 

2 minutes ago, chadbag said:

Have you ordered a new shelving unit or bookcase?

No, I’m still in my everything-will-have-a-space-on-the-layout phase. Obviously there’s a box of leftover track bits, and a kit that has fiddly bits and stickers I haven’t tackled yet, and all the boxes my rolling stock originally came in, and a box of scenery materials and a toolbox, but everything basically fits on the layout 

2 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

No, I’m still in my everything-will-have-a-space-on-the-layout phase. Obviously there’s a box of leftover track bits, and a kit that has fiddly bits and stickers I haven’t tackled yet, and all the boxes my rolling stock originally came in, and a box of scenery materials and a toolbox, but everything basically fits on the layout 

That is how it starts...   Hopefully you are working on a good alibi for the wife once you get passed that phase.

• Haha 1

Ikea Billys work well with the standard size Japanese N book cases. The shorter narrow version will hold 22 with no annoying gaps, and space for another five or six on their sides or other items at the bottom. You can even add doors if you don't want someone to see your entire collection in one go...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Ikea Billys work well with the standard size Japanese N book cases. The shorter narrow version will hold 22 with no annoying gaps, and space for another five or six on their sides or other items at the bottom. You can even add doors if you don't want someone to see your entire collection in one go...

I use the Kallax line myself. Each block holds 10 cases and they fit perfectly.

• Like 2
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, cteno4 said:

Decided to try some cars on my new Tomytec car carriers!

jeff

Haha yeah I love the car carriers the moment I saw their pre-release photos! Immediately it is a must have for me, and the playable function just makes it even more fun! 

*Funny why we both chose the Red & White car carrier for photos... I guess that's the best looking one? 

All in all, this is one of the best, if not the best trailer collection IMHO... it featured a wide variety of trailers like containers (the ONE containers are really nice), car carriers, Refrigerator box truck (I think this is the first time I saw this type of trailer? ), wing door type container truck and even long transports! 

20190302_152056.jpg

20190302_152105.jpg

20190302_152322.jpg

20190302_152330.jpg

20190302_152353.jpg

20190302_152404.jpg

20190302_152411.jpg

20190302_152431.jpg

20190302_152621.jpg

• Like 9

Picked up this little beauty at the weekend because resistance is futile. A Kyushu based MaYa34 from Microace. Now wondering whether I should’ve preordered the Kato Kyushu DE10s

465BEB6A-D28D-4F09-9B53-091C1484F4B3.jpeg

62BF74A5-0B3A-4AA3-AADC-5A72282B5F76.jpeg

E2E1B577-BE50-4E49-BCC6-0115E91BA28C.jpeg

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Kamome said:

Picked up this little beauty at the weekend because resistance is futile. A Kyushu based MaYa34 from Microace.

Nice! I'm still waiting on mine. Can this car by any chance be equipped with claw couplings from KATO so you can combine it with the simultaneously released DE10 loco's?

• Like 1

Yes, haven’t converted mine yet but the standard Kato knuckle couplers should fit. The current rapido coupler has the usual flat end which clips into the housing with a spring pushing it proud. Same as Kato use. Also lots of accessory bits I’ve not looked at yet either.

• Like 1

That looks great!  Seems most sellers have sold out already unfortunately so I'll have to hope some get a second shipment. 

57 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

That looks great!  Seems most sellers have sold out already unfortunately so I'll have to hope some get a second shipment. 

I had totally forgotten about it. Luckily, the Kyushu railway shop had about 10 along with the Kato DE10s. They are SRP though so ¥4000 + tax. Still a good deal by MA prices.Just hoping there’s still some DE10s left after I’ve paid for my HO preorders.

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1

Mine is in the mail. With the JRK DE10s and the 4 bus Phoenix set.

I saw AmiAmi had some last night (12 hours-ish ago)

Edited by katoftw

I am really excited... waiting for three deliveries over the next week or so. JRK DE10s, an EMU, an engine house and an oil tanker, and trees and a couple of trucks for good measure. Oh, and some platforms from Sam!

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 3
scotspensioner

I've been doing a bit of trawling off eBay and second hand sites recently.Been a bit selective  but with good result

This morning ,postman delivered a Roundhouse 10-918 485 series  "Nikko/Kinugawa" set. 

Scuffed outer casing but mint contents.Will give it a run in a day or two!

• Like 3

I knew it was here, because USPS sent me a text, but I still found myself grinning when I saw the parcel on the table. 

638EA373-9482-4B6D-878A-94E30C422A18.thumb.jpeg.a4fbba197a93a0ceae8f58fb15a83e60.jpeg

• Like 9
serotta1972

I've been really good trying to reduce my purchases but finally caved in for these 2 trains.  I was on the fence for a while and didn't pre-order them but finally decided to pull the trigger.  The Hello Kitty train is for my daughter's 8th Birthday, she's 4 now and I will make sure to take good care of until then. 😁 The Seven Stars was just weird looking to me at first but am so glad I got it because it looks amazing in person - pictures can't capture its awesomeness and amazing finish.

IMG_7566.jpg

IMG_7559.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Sheffie said:

I knew it was here, because USPS sent me a text, but I still found myself grinning when I saw the parcel on the table. 

638EA373-9482-4B6D-878A-94E30C422A18.thumb.jpeg.a4fbba197a93a0ceae8f58fb15a83e60.jpeg

I am jealous!   I have a Tomix Kyushu DE10 I got last year these seem to look a lot better.  I had this on pre-order but cancelled as I am trying to be a good boy this year 🙂

Congrats!

• Like 2