bc6

What did you order or the post deliver? (N Gauge)

Sheffie

I just ordered the Kato starter set featuring the same train (C57 Banetsu Monogatari sightseeing train) that Pauljag900 got at the top of the previous page. I'm hoping it will be here in about 3 weeks. I may have got one of the last few available sets.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 2

railsquid
2 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

The Yodobashi in Shinjuku is an awesome store, it is a bit of an oddity though as there is no one large store like Akihabara or other places, it is a group of satellite stores all in smaller buildings, the Toy and Hobby store is located on the corner and you will see a heap of Gatcha machines out the front, there is about 7 floors including the basement, the model rail section is on the 5th floor from memory.

It was moved to the basement recently.

I think the store originated there (that area was formerly called "Yodobashi") and has grown up higgeldy-piggeldy over the years.

Edited by railsquid

Kamome
6 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Kato Hobby Centre sells most of it's stock at full RRP

Yes full price but because of this you can find somethings you can’t always find elsewhere if you know what you’re looking for. 

I found the old style Emporers train and DD54 with flags in the old Kato store before the current one was properly renovated. I’ve never seen this Royal DD54 before or since so a nice find.

Enjoy it and maybe you’ll be inspired by something and it’ll be doubtful you’ll come out without a bag.

Nornicle
2 hours ago, Kamome said:

Yes full price but because of this you can find somethings you can’t always find elsewhere if you know what you’re looking for. 

I found the old style Emporers train and DD54 with flags in the old Kato store before the current one was properly renovated. I’ve never seen this Royal DD54 before or since so a nice find.

Enjoy it and maybe you’ll be inspired by something and it’ll be doubtful you’ll come out without a bag.

Hehe I didn’t even buy kato they had set A and B of the Evangelion 500 B train for 8200 yen which seems a lot cheaper than eBay.

going to buy motors for it now! Is a light kit possible?

Welshbloke

The extension leads allow you to have the controller further away from the track. The reason I suggested one of each is that it means you can make up adapters and keep your options open with regards to power supply. Yes you can power the whole layout from the Tomix input, but equally if you want to split them at a later date and feed an all-Kato layout from a Tomix power supply (or vice versa) then you'll need adapters.

chadbag

The wife came back from seeing her mom in Japan this past Tuesday and brought (some of) the stuff I had ordered and had deluevred to her sister's place, where she was staying.  Unfortunately, her sister had placed some of the boxes in a different place and so when they packed the stuff, not all of it made it.  Approximately 10-11 packs of track of various sorts and one Greenmax "pre-stained" overhead walk way are still at her sister's house.  We plan on going as a family in July so I will pick them up them.   Nothing I really needed.

Some of the slab track and some re-railers and some of the extra wide radius curves from KATO (unfortunately not much of the extra wide radius stuff made it but that is OK).  Also 4 KATO FL12 bi-polar function decoders, and 10 NGDCC bi-polar function decoders.  The decoders were the most important. And some Greenmax signs.  I had also asked for a couple packs of the sugarless mints.  She found a couple (not the same I had bought when we were there but that is fine) and got them, but then she was at Costco and she and her sister noticed Costco sized packages of mints as well, so I think I will be set for mints for the next 100 years.

IMG_0257.thumb.jpg.03f2ab58d9d80ce241f7c023928fc613.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1