What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Hey you need something to move your trains in! It’s not a train you’re spending money on, technically. Eva is a very cool looking train.

bummer, never fun to have to move. Perhaps you’ll find a better abode.

cheers

jeff

Folks,

Today, Sunday 25th. Aug., received notice from Hobby Search that my order for an Amagi Modelling station kit is on the way here,this should take about ten to twelve days by SAL from Tokyo to Melbourne.

The kit is No.23, Uzennarita station, on the 'Flower (Furawa) Nagai Line, a small, non-electrified private railway near Yamagata.

Looks a nice traditional station, will be an interesting addition to my Japanese stations collections when built.

Bill, 

Melbourne.

Got myself an early birthday present.  The set was $100 brand new but they messed up shipping and used a box too big for sal, which ended up costing half again as much to get here.  It's a beautiful model, cab cars are dcc ready but the motor car will take some work to convert when I finally have time for it.

20190824_184947_compress47.thumb.jpg.906b0ba288b05609734b8ab7cfc08301.jpg

20190824_184930_compress69.thumb.jpg.f729fc07e31799158f29683741340364.jpg

20190824_183533_compress29.thumb.jpg.70b996919ba97fb3606f558dcc357044.jpg

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

It's a beautiful model

Twice in one day, arggggh ... Killing me

Video on a small curve PLEASE?!??

Edited by RogerMc
  • Haha 1

They are lovely after about 8 romance trains I had to force myself to limit getting more as they come out... the articulated are especially graceful on tighter radiuses, not looking as gawkie as regular bogied, longer cars.

bummer on the box, that’s the problem with sal small packets as if oversized it goes to regular sal that’s not cheap... sal is actually more than EMS up to around 1.5kg! Then not a heck of s lot cheaper after that.

jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep!  It was cheaper to get ems at $45 than SAL at $50.  For some reason they shipped it in a massive box that would have fit an entire starter set with room to spare.

Every once in a while you find something interesting on ebay for a not horrible price, older MicroAce TaKi 1000s:

taki1.thumb.jpg.c1a61c2145b1e1f66cf07741ad45bb27.jpg

I had already installed the one set of reflectors, the color on the green cars is more subdued which is nice. However comparing it to the Tomix version you can see detail is kind of lacking, also the brake wheel is just slightly big:

taki2.thumb.jpg.7bf23e3e89791faa776d779c208551f3.jpg

Also I feel I should know the answer to this but do Japan Oil Transport and Japan Oil Terminal TaKis ever run in mixed consists? Looking at the pictures I just saw 'blue TaKi' and automatically assigned to Japan Oil Terminal.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, nah00 said:

Also I feel I should know the answer to this but do Japan Oil Transport and Japan Oil Terminal TaKis ever run in mixed consists? Looking at the pictures I just saw 'blue TaKi' and automatically assigned to Japan Oil Terminal.

There are certainly mixed rakes of green and blue ones around, though I am a bit fuzzy on the exact details.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, nah00 said:

Also I feel I should know the answer to this but do Japan Oil Transport and Japan Oil Terminal TaKis ever run in mixed consists? 

Looks like they do or did.

http://kagatetukki.blog.jp/tag/日本オイルターミナル?p=4

Seems Google has pictures mostly of full rakes of JOT or Japan Oil Terminal tanks separately. Looks like some Japan Oil Terminal trains also had Koki 200s carrying tank containers of methanol too.

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1
Das Steinkopf
10 hours ago, nah00 said:

They do mix at times with cars moving around between refineries and terminals, I have seen a really good shot of an EH200 hauling a mixed rake over a bridge on the Chuo Mainline but sadly I can't seem to find it at the moment, I assume that it was travelling to Minami Matsumoto, I did find some shots from other locations. 

http://sitoron.blog49.fc2.com/blog-entry-1601.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/japangte/status/871230185344974849/photo/1

eh200_r.jpg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 2
Das Steinkopf

Well if there’s no KoKi’s or locos to buy there’s always containers, I also added this little car park and a Kyushu Sanko bus, the latter will be used for a little Kumaden layout I’m planning to build.

4F0A0066-DF31-478F-BA7C-834DEEDD4D14.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Well if there’s no KoKi’s or locos to buy there’s always containers, I also added this little car park and a Kyushu Sanko bus, the latter will be used for a little Kumaden layout I’m planning to build.

What's the quality on the tank containers? I stupidly only got the MCLC set because some small rational part of my brain said 'you have enough JOT and NRS containers'. 

3 minutes ago, nah00 said:

What's the quality on the tank containers? I stupidly only got the MCLC set because some small rational part of my brain said 'you have enough JOT and NRS containers'. 

YOU CAN´T GET ENOUGH OF THEM!!!! 🤣 Some routes have trains with 10-12 Kokis only with HOT/NRS tank-containers

Das Steinkopf
11 minutes ago, nah00 said:

Overall the quality is fairly good, I have never had any issues with Popondetta containers, the level of detail as well as the paint finish is always pretty good.

Needed some scenery supplies for a themed T-TRAK module. This was part of my ummm scenery order. Don't know who added that to my cart.

IMG_6242.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Oh No! The voices in your head have gotten control of a hand!

People need to stop telling me that my white on orange fictional road looks bad. That looks fantastic.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GDorsett said:

Oh No! The voices in your head have gotten control of a hand!

Ha, very possible. Or my hand has a mind of its own. I could always just say I thought I was adding it to a wishlist and somehow it must have been the cart instead.

When you sleep your credit card creeps out of your wallet and gets on the computer to order what it wants...

jeff

• Like 1

Jokes on you! I don't have a credit card!

Besides, if it's in the scene, TECHNICALLY it is scenery...

• Like 1