What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

At 1/173 it works as it’s oversized stuff and not the usual so it can pass! Closer picts are less toy looking than a lot of the takara trucks around n scale. Some dull coat and weathering and it will look quite nice! 

Jeff

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Adding a bridge rectifier to the lighting circuits will probably fix that.

Yes, it would. But let's just say there are other deficiencies in the work that make we want to keep the roofs on. You can imagine. They tried, heck they even included caps.

I'm not too big on lighting anyway, so ...

Actually I’m pretty sure you just pop out the floor/trucks to gain access. Few Japanese trains have the roofs themselves pop off, usually the shell pops off the floor.

if the wiring is such you can easily break the power feed and pop one of these is it should do the trick! Surprising they put in a cap but no bridge rectifier!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15Pcs-MB6S-0-5A-600V-Miniature-Mini-SMD-Bridge-Rectifier-New/142062841579?hash=item21139aeeeb:g:dZwAAOSwLa9UVJYz

was it a good deal off ebay?

jeff

It may also be dud diodes causing the headlights to come on all the time, I replaced one in a Kato 117 Series ages ago.

As for transformer movements, look up a video named "Measured for Transport" on Youtube. It's from the old British Transport Films organisation and shows moving a transformer by rail and road across north Wales.

First 'new train' post in a while. I recently moved house and these had been waiting with a friend to pick up. Sunrise Express and the Kitty buses. My wife made fun of my for buying the clear plastic "Display Tracks". I guess I'm lucky she thinks that the only waste of money here.

0ge3pue.jpg

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 7

JAM swag!

Some storage and cleaning solutions:

jam-2019-swag_01.jpg.d5ebc3a11ca565b8ed44f242f3b6fb85.jpg

The inlays on the left are designed for the compact Kato bookcases, which I am a great fan of due to their compact, shelf-friendly size,  but which come at most with slots for 5 cars, which is a problem as I have standardized on 6 car sets; these inlays can hold up to 8 cars, which will neatly solve a number of growing storage issues.

And some miscellaneous bits:

jam-2019-swag_02.jpg.cd3fd54694e4d181817119e4b1b40d51.jpg

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 3

That yard set has been on my wish list since it came out - just waiting for it to go on special.. waiting...waiting ...waiting...

I might just have to...

• Like 1

Hey Guys 🙂

it all came last week (and it's still the [Limited Edition] J.R. Type EF81 + Series 24 (Twilight Express / Time of Debut) set on the way to me :D ). The 18 freight cars I got in a set.

And I have preordered the following:

Series 651 `Super Hitachi` Standard Seven Car Set (Basic 7-Car Set)

Series 651 `Super Hitachi` Additional Four Car Set (Add-On 4-Car Set)

LED Interior Lighting Kit Clear for Series 651 (for 11 Car)

J.N.R. Series 0-1000 Tokaido / Sanyo Shinkansen Standard Set (Basic 6-Car Set)

J.N.R. Series 0-1000 Tokaido / Sanyo Shinkansen Additional Set A (Add-On 4-Car Set)

J.N.R. Series 0-1000 Tokaido / Sanyo Shinkansen Additional Set B (Add-On 6-Car Set)

J.R. Electric Locomotive Type EF65-1000 (Tabata Rail Yard / H Rubber Gray)

J.R. Limited Express Sleeping Passenger Cars Series 14 Type 14 `Izumo #2, #3` Standard Set (Basic 8-Car Set)

J.R. Limited Express Sleeping Passenger Cars Series 14 Type 14 `Izumo #2, #3` Additional Set (Add-On 2-Car Set)

I think I need more space for all the trains 😱

20190816_145852.jpg

20190816_150043.jpg

20190816_150121.jpg

• Like 9
3 hours ago, shiniji said:

Welcome to the club...

More JAM fallout - two Tomix 209-1000 series in Chuo Line livery, which hit the junk baskets surprisingly quickly, but provides a neat way of bringing the 4-car basic set up to my standard 6 cars without going to the expense of buying (and the trouble of storing) the add-on set.

48557641486_787204bd65_z.jpg

Tomix 209-1000 series (Chuo Line) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

(Price was 10% less than the sticker price due to JAM sale).

• Like 9
7 hours ago, shiniji said:

Good thing N scale doesn't take up much space and the nice book case style storage makes is even easier to store unlike separate jewel boxes.  Yes, make more space as I know for sure more trains will come.  😁

• Like 1
On 8/16/2019 at 9:28 PM, railsquid said:

JAM swag!

Some storage and cleaning solutions:

jam-2019-swag_01.jpg.d5ebc3a11ca565b8ed44f242f3b6fb85.jpg

The inlays on the left are designed for the compact Kato bookcases, which I am a great fan of due to their compact, shelf-friendly size,  but which come at most with slots for 5 cars, which is a problem as I have standardized on 6 car sets; these inlays can hold up to 8 cars, which will neatly solve a number of growing storage issues.

Standard Kato compact case inlay:

48566523706_50af673e11_z.jpg

Kato compact case with standard 5 car insert by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Torm inlay, with space to spare:

48566523701_73ca3a4929_z.jpg

Kato compact case with TORM TU-702B insert by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 6

Casco make mini-sized cases which can hold six or seven, if you run out of Kato ones to convert. I'm up to four so far holding everything from 5/6ths of a Panorama Express Alps to half the Fuji, with a RhB Ge 4/4II and two coaches in another.

I actually didn't realise Casco do small sized ones too, but there's a constant stream of cheap 2nd hand Kato ones available in the second hand stores of Tokyo so no worries on that front.

Now to compactify the Tetsukore trains which are taking up space in their unwieldy packaging.

I need to get some more cases for my trains, my loose cars are starting to overwhelm my shelves.  The cases also make it much easier to take them to the local club.

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Need stuff to put the stuff in you put your stuff in... Where’s George?

Somewhere I've seen a rucksack advertised which is designed for carrying N gauge book cases...

• Like 1

That is soooooo cool, and useful and practical and if I hadn’t promised my wife I would not spend any money on trains after the Shinkansen, I’d have ordered two already! Especially because my Tomix 500 type EVA Shinkansen arrived today!
We unboxed and unwrapped it, all the accessories stickers manuals etc are still sealed in their wrapping and it is mint/ like new condition as I expected! There is a tiny little bend on the paper box tab so you know someone opened it before and let out the factory air, but that’s it. 

Bed news:
What also arrived today is a letter from our landlords letting us know they will not be renewing our lease Oct 31st because they are gifting the house to their daughter, so we have to find a new place to live. Grrrrr. 

So i wrapped the EVA back up in the paper and bubble wrap and put it away, and started packing everything else away too.