What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

1 hour ago, railsquid said:

I think I will survive without them 😉

I'd like them.  I'll admit it.  I am not so much a "Hello Kitty" fan, but I like the special liveried items of any sort.  And my daughter like the "Hello Kitty" stuff.

We are even planning a special Kitty-chan Shinkansen ride when we are in Kobe/Osaka region (they have a schedule posted, luckily).

The daughter wants to go to the Tama area.  IIRC there is some sort of amusement center she is set on.  We'll see if we have time.  We aren't much in the Tokyo area (without other plans).  Thanks for mentioning it.  I had forgotten about that (though I now remember reading about it when they first went down that slope).

9 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Does she mean Sanrio Puroland?

https://www.keio.co.jp/english/sightseeing/tama.html

That sounds familiar.  I have not looked into it yet...

She's been watching all the YouTube videos of people who go to Japan and go to various places to get ideas.  And she is a big Sanrio (and its direct competitor San-X fan).

(We are doing a Disney 2 day thing this time, as it has been like 6 years or so since we were there last).

Order from weakness a couple of weeks ago when I saw one sitting unbought at amiami. The greenmax Hanshin 1000 Series (Go! Go! Nadagogou! Wrapping). Put a dent in the credit card, but it’s a very nice looking train. Even a nice sleeve. If you are a cat fancier you’ll love this one as well!

I don’t know what the box got dropped in, but at least it didn’t make it thru to the train case. It obviously got a good thump happened as like 8 wheel sets were knocked loose as well as the motor mech in its shell. All back together well.

cheers 

jeff

1AA3BA88-F89E-494C-9580-880C5311E507.jpeg

821D80DB-60ED-4281-B280-9BD6AF5EE564.jpeg

6B817E53-779D-4D31-A52D-F6EF10A806B7.jpeg

• Like 8

Are there many cat-themed sets?

Still looking for a Tama Densha set that isn't a shorty...

Haha thank you Jeff for picking that one up! It was way too attractive and I had to keep reminding myself 'No Hanshin No Hanshin' and devil on the right shoulder was like 'This is way cute to pass and just one Hanshin'... You solved my dilemma!  🙂

A few cheap ebay find trucks,the broadcasting trucks will be filming Fukuoka FC football games😂

some 1-200 scale street lights for the platforms and two power supplies for said lights and a 4.5v supply for the miller engineering animated billboards which I m planning for the high rise buildings.

8439741A-14E5-457C-9251-66DBA9BBBBD4.thumb.jpeg.16eff81ee5047ed5e139a67035f130bb.jpeg

• Like 5
serotta1972
12 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Order from weakness a couple of weeks ago when I saw one sitting unbought at amiami. The greenmax Hanshin 1000 Series (Go! Go! Nadagogou! Wrapping). Put a dent in the credit card, but it’s a very nice looking train. Even a nice sleeve. If you are a cat fancier you’ll love this one as well!

1AA3BA88-F89E-494C-9580-880C5311E507.jpeg

Much deserved buddy! Very nice!

• Like 1

As the second half of the Cassiopeia arrived a few days ago (along with the couplings) I've finally got around to a portrait. The ED79 and KaYa 27 are having some exercise while the EF510 rests in the carriage sidings with the rest of the set:

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

A few cheap ebay find trucks,the broadcasting trucks will be filming Fukuoka FC football games

Ohh you scored some old Bandai tv trucks! Somewhere I have an extra pile I bought a long time back but they are lost in the boxes somewhere. I have a few in use. Careful of the little antenna bits they are fragile but stay put well if pushed together firmly w.o gluing them. Did they come with their crews? The boxes had random of a newsperson, video, audio and tech.

jeff

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Ohh you scored some old Bandai tv trucks! Somewhere I have an extra pile I bought a long time back but they are lost in the boxes somewhere. I have a few in use. Careful of the little antenna bits they are fragile but stay put well if pushed together firmly w.o gluing them. Did they come with their crews? The boxes had random of a newsperson, video, audio and tech.

jeff

Hi Jeff,

i Found these as they were about to finish,I got the two for £7 but no boxes or accessories imafraid mate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Welshbloke said:

As the second half of the Cassiopeia arrived a few days ago

I just found out about this variant a few days ago and boy do I want one for myself! I am jealous. I will have to keep my eye out more.

54 minutes ago, Chuo said:

I just found out about this variant a few days ago and boy do I want one for myself! I am jealous. I will have to keep my eye out more.

Tomix have made several over the years, this is 92408/9/10. It comes with Rapido couplers and no fairings/skirts under the coach ends, so you need the TN couplers (0339), the fairings (PZ6277) and the spares pack with the special knuckle coupler (JC53) for the end car in the 92408 pack along with the JC52 couplers for the EF510. It can be a bit fiddly coupling to a loco but it looks far better than Rapidos.

The KaYa uses one 0339 and one 0374 type coupler, as it has a knuckle on the outer end and a Shibata on the inner.

There is space in the 92410 case for the EF81, which hauled the train before the EF510 took over. I'll keep my eyes open for one but it's not top priority, as I have the ED79 and pair of DD51s to share haulage duties.

Hobbysearch are showing the set as an upcoming re-release, so you should be able to get one before long.

8 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

A few cheap ebay find trucks,the broadcasting trucks will be filming Fukuoka FC football games😂

some 1-200 scale street lights for the platforms and two power supplies for said lights and a 4.5v supply for the miller engineering animated billboards which I m planning for the high rise buildings.

Yeah those were some very fine looking TV trucks u got there, Paul! Great find! 

Cant wait to see the miller animated billboards come to life with those lights!

4 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Hi Jeff,

i Found these as they were about to finish,I got the two for £7 but no boxes or accessories imafraid mate.

Thats a good price as they have gone up on ebay as they have gotten scarcer and a couple of chaps were buying them and repainting and decaling from Japanese to abc/nbc/cbs/espn/cnn/bbc vans.

decals for sale as well

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=n+scale+tv+truck&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=bandai+tv+truck

jeff

4 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Hobbysearch are showing the set as an upcoming re-release, so you should be able to get one before long.

Oh boy, I hadn't even checked Tomix. I was looking at the Kato versions. You've given me a lot to consider here, just don't tell my wife when the new trains show up. 🤣

2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Thats a good price as they have gone up on ebay as they have gotten scarcer and a couple of chaps were buying them and repainting and decaling from Japanese to abc/nbc/cbs/espn/cnn/bbc vans.

decals for sale as well

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=n+scale+tv+truck&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=bandai+tv+truck

jeff

Hi Jeff,

i ve dealt with that guy doing the signs,I bought some American bank signs from his a couple of years back,still have nt used them tho😂😂

5 hours ago, Chuo said:

Oh boy, I hadn't even checked Tomix. I was looking at the Kato versions. You've given me a lot to consider here, just don't tell my wife when the new trains show up. 🤣

Check the prices with all the extras. I believe the Kato one comes with close couplers and so on pre-fitted, they're extra cost options on the Tomix. It may work out cheaper to buy the Kato on that basis.

Something a little different. It's a Kiha54-500 wrapped for the Lupin The Third anime series. It ran on a now defunct line in Hokkaido. The train was made by Greenmax, but published by Neko Publishing. It is packaged in a VHS tape like package.

IMG_7456 1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_7457 1024 x768.jpg

IMG_7458 1024 x768.jpg

IMG_7459 1024 x768.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
TheNicofabi
42 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

Something a little different. It's a Kiha54-500 wrapped for the Lupin The Third anime series. It ran on a now defunct line in Hokkaido. The train was made by Greenmax, but published by Neko Publishing. It is packaged in a VHS tape like package.

I kinda want and need that... considering Lupin the Third has gained quite a memory with me while I have been in Japan...

• Like 3
Alejandro_SCL

I finally got one of these green packages. It was difficult to find a supplier that sent Greenmax to South America but I found one by ebay. I tried this walkway and everything worked OK. In the future I will get more buildings.

IMG_20190720_231309.jpg

• Like 6