What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I've had 2 or 3 over the space of six years come to me like that.  Normally the shipping box has a massive dent in it also.  So you know it has taken a big hit or drop somewhere before getting to me.

I wouldn't even be contacting the retailer.  Nothing they can do about shipping.  Just reassemble it and enjoy.

Does the North American delivery system involved drop-kicking the packages at some point during the delivery process? Never had any issues with trains delivered within Japan, or from Europe.

I’d say 1 in 4 of my packages from japan have a crunch of some point. Who knows where it happens from japan to here. I usually do sal so they may have the most transfers to get dropped or be dropped on. I expect you have 

transfer to shipping agent

sipping agent air cargo

maybe resorting at air cargo for as space available 

air cargo to plane bin

plane bin to customs

whatever at customs

customs to usps

Whatever in usps

usps to door

i definitely have more crushed corners or smashes on sal packages that I get in us domestic shipping (which rarely has much of any damage), so I don’t think my sal dings are happening on the usps part. My guess is all the sorting and tossing on air cargo and customs.

good news is nothing has ever been broken, just a few things like wheels popped out like Bill.

Pjeff

shadowtiger25

large sorting machines will have push bars and long shoots that packages can pile up on. I worked for a bit in one of those places and it seems to me that where most packages get crushed

I see noe more damage to packages coming from Japan than I do for domestic shipments or those coming from Europe.

I've had a few loose wheelsets or bogies with Japanese trains, and similar problems with European trains.  It is part and parcel of large scale package handling and the bumps, and jostling they receive.   A lot of the loose stuff comes down to how well things are packed.  Things packed loosely tend to get more jolting, which can jar loose things.

Meitetsu 1200 series B-Train  Shorty Panorama Cars published by Popondetta. This seems to be the only sets Popondetta published and I've seen them offered as a premium by Popondetta. 

IMG_7306 1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf

This will certainly be my last big purchase of  rolling stock for a while given the weakness of the $AUD against the ¥ at the moment, not to mention thanks to the introduction of the GHT I am paying an extra 10% on my purchases as well as shipping. That said I do have some smaller purchases of rolling stock in the future but will probably hold off on getting any locos for the time being, I have a fairly decent JRF fleet with 17 locos including 6 Diesels and 11 Electrics at the moment. My JRF Diesel roster is pretty much fulfilled with the addition of the DF200-200, I also have 3 DE10’s and 2 DD51’s, I’m just waiting for someone to bring out a HD300 and hopefully DD200 in the future to get a bit more variety.

4D573191-79B5-4C96-98A7-BC8A0A0D0547.jpeg

83B379C4-0D56-44BB-8CA9-335C3A4ECA64.jpeg

• Like 7

Ten weeks ago I ordered some lights that were advertised as double headed yard lights and I was going to use them as floodlights for the soccer pitch,they still have nt turned up! Then I realised the guy I got my double street lights from also did the same lights in a variety of gauges,so bought some 1:75 gauge,bent the heads in slightly and should be perfect as floodlights for the pitch.

4A9A0524-8177-41AA-95E7-CF215759F419.thumb.jpeg.e1504d69c782ac4623cb365bbfa55db6.jpeg

• Like 8

I had put the trains away for a bit. Trying to pack up for a future move cross country and yet I keep buying new stuff...

Just your basic EH500 3次形 for some future freight.

EH500.JPG

• Like 7

Maya 34! Mine is still parked somewhere... you reminded me to bring it out for an overdue inspection run!

• Like 2

Another small piece for the the train layout. Kato 24-304 railroad workers. i believe this is an older version of the track worker uniform. But that is OK for my layout.

IMG_7308 1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 4

I’ve been considering those workers for a while. Let me know what you think once they’re out of the box 

• Like 1

Just received

- Tomix 8728 Private Owner Tank Wagon Type TAKI1000 (Japan Oil Transportation/Eneos) (with Tail Light). 1 set.
- Tomix 8713 Private Owner Tank Wagon Type TAKI1000 (Japan Oil Transportation, Eneos). 2 sets.
- Tomix 8711 Private Owner Tank Wagon Type TAKI1000 (Japan Oil Transportation). 1 set.
- Kato 8037-4 TAKI1000 Japan Oil Terminal Color with Feathers of an Arrow Mark. 4 sets.

The Tomix 8728 comes with car number decals.

Does anyone know how to change the Kato 8037-4 car numbers?

Marc

IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg

IMG_8184.jpg

• Like 4

I recently took a trip to Japan, and these are the trains I got:

- KATO 10-453/454 Series 0 Shinkansen (used)

- TOMIX 92624 Series 100 Shinkansen (used)

- TOMIX 92815 Series 500 Kodama Shinkansen (used)

- KATO 10-1375 H5 Hayabusa Shinkansen

- KATO 10-1267/69 E233-3000 Ueno-Tokyo line

- KATO 4880-9 Series 287 Panda Kuroshio

• Like 10

Ehehe thanks, Jeff!

The whole train was too expensive, but I had to have at least one car, cause I was lucky enough to ride it during my trip!

1797698910_ScreenShot2019-06-14at9_38_42AM.thumb.png.6fcbd889f945badfde5a35d7223cf388.png

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf
On 13 June 2019 at 11:28 PM, Madsing said:

Just received

- Tomix 8728 Private Owner Tank Wagon Type TAKI1000 (Japan Oil Transportation/Eneos) (with Tail Light). 1 set.
- Tomix 8713 Private Owner Tank Wagon Type TAKI1000 (Japan Oil Transportation, Eneos). 2 sets.
- Tomix 8711 Private Owner Tank Wagon Type TAKI1000 (Japan Oil Transportation). 1 set.
- Kato 8037-4 TAKI1000 Japan Oil Terminal Color with Feathers of an Arrow Mark. 4 sets.

The Tomix 8728 comes with car number decals.

Does anyone know how to change the Kato 8037-4 car numbers?

Marc

IMG_8185.jpg

To change the car numbers of the Kato 8037-4 you would need to get your hands the previous Tomix limited edition 98971 Japan Oil Transport Taki 1000's, the decal sheet has 10 different car numbers, 6 of those correspond to cars that wore the 40th Anniversary Livery, only 50 cars wore that livery and they are 1000-693 to 1000-752. 

Check here for reference http://f-kawasaki.sakura.ne.jp/car/taki01000/

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

To change the car numbers of the Kato 8037-4 you would need to get your hands the previous Tomix limited edition 98971 Japan Oil Transport Taki 1000's, the decal sheet has 10 different car numbers, 6 of those correspond to cars that wore the 40th Anniversary Livery, the cars that wore that livery, only 50 cars wore that livery and they are 1000-693 to 1000-752. 

Check here for reference http://f-kawasaki.sakura.ne.jp/car/taki01000/

Thank you very much, Das Steinkopf. 

TheNicofabi

Well... I've been awfully quiet over the past year while I was in Japan... so here is what little I could afford (with all the other hobbies that took my money).

(Also ignore the Keihan-otsu train... I already posted this ages back...) Also there is one thing missing which is a KoKi 50000 from the Railway Museum but eh...

DSC_0039.jpg

• Like 10