What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

April's orders came in, glad to get the Irodori without having to sell a kidney. It really does look much better in-hand, pictures don't do it justice because of the color. Printing on the 3 Cities Flowers ET122 is great as are the Karu-chan containers. Shrine buildings are for a couple of different projects, also I'm assuming that it wouldn't be unusual to see the shrine on the bottom left of the package by itself, correct?

april.thumb.jpg.aba425bd4c42bcfe95ebc51ca5d244cf.jpg

Also on the ET122s I'm trying to make sense of how they want you to apply the front destination signs and the instructions are...well...kinda hard if you don't read Japanese. Any help is appreciated. I know you use the signs on the top and bottom left on the front but I'm not getting the whole cutting them part. 

ETinstructions.thumb.jpg.ec5331a3936dbde3394f6f7a738dd973.jpg

• Like 3

Train number 57. A Tomix 98275 Kintetsu Corporation (Kinki Nippon Railway) Series 30000 `Vista EX` (new Color) set from Mandarake. Still waiting for train number 56.

IMG_7225 1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 6
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, nah00 said:

April's orders came in, glad to get the Irodori without having to sell a kidney. It really does look much better in-hand, pictures don't do it justice because of the color. 

The Iorodori is a BEAUTIFUL train, and I am glad I managed to get it before the price went crazy... The colours on that train is amazing, and that huge LED front screen is more than welcomed, along with those sexy 4 head lights!

20171214_164902.thumb.jpg.399ad463621c8a0f9ee724730da998e6.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, nah00 said:

Also on the ET122s I'm trying to make sense of how they want you to apply the front destination signs and the instructions are...well...kinda hard if you don't read Japanese. Any help is appreciated. I know you use the signs on the top and bottom left on the front but I'm not getting the whole cutting them part. 

Regarding the ET122, I am assuming from the instructions that you are supposed to stick the decal on the 'empty' destination plate, by removing the shell and the front assembly and removing the empty destination plate. After application of the decal on the destination plate, simply reinstall back the destination plate by reversing the removal process.. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, railsquid said:

I came across this handy little volume in my local bookstore providing background information on Japanese N gauge freight stock.

I got the same book in a HS order. Despite not being able to read Japanese for anything it is a nice little book and I can understand enough to get out-of-service dates for some cars.

6 hours ago, railsquid said:

I came across this handy little volume in my local bookstore providing background information on Japanese N gauge freight stock.

Oooh... something else for me to track down!

Meanwhile, even though today is a stat holiday in Canada (Victoria Day), the postie brought me a package from Japan...20190520_133806.thumb.jpg.c8103836a5f0e7bde5de6d283b85f1a0.jpg

Two packs of 1960s Tomytec traffic lights, snowploughs for my C11s, various trackside signposts from GM and a pack of random-stone retaining wall sheets, also from GM, a Tomix WaMu3500, and the big thing, the book - steam locomotive assignments for all Japan from 1931 to 1969!

• Like 9

Another train to run on the layout. This time a Kato 10-1307 Keikyu 2100 series.

IMG_7238 1024  x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 6

Finally turned up after a double trip between Australia and Tokyo.  Only been waiting or MIA since the start of Feb.

IMG_0354.JPG.6cd1d7c2b5fbbdef764b1a6aa086195e.JPG

• Like 5

@katoftw  So, did you have to pay again to get it back to Australia the second time?  Or who covered that shipping?  Just curious to how that worked out.

Threw these in with an HO order, and so begins my N scale truck collection. Just need the other half of this set (once I find it in-stock somewhere)

0522191353.jpg

Must say, was not expecting the amount of detail on these that there are. These easily outclass a lot of my American HO trucks.

• Like 8
Martijn Meerts

Seems Kato USA are going to do a re-run of the Super Chief and El Capitan .. Not sure I can resist those 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, chadbag said:

@katoftw  So, did you have to pay again to get it back to Australia the second time?  Or who covered that shipping?  Just curious to how that worked out.

First time was SAL at 980 yen.

Got returned to them after 3 months. Reason quoted was non collect time expired. Go figure being SAL and a never got a card left for collection. I have had 2 SAL deliveries since arrive no issues.

HS just said it wasn't there fault and said I need to pay again. So picked 2720 yen EMS option this time. Too expensive but just wanted the items after huge wait.

So all up I paid 3600 yen for a small 6in x 6in x 9in box and it took 15 weeks to arrive. Bad.

• Sad 2
6 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Yay DE10’s!

Be careful with those handrails; they’re very fine 

All good. Knock the railings off other DE10s/51s many times.

Reserved: 1 x GreenMax Kintetsu Series 16200 `Blue Symphony` Three Car Formation Set

• Like 3

My name is Railsquid and I am addicted to buying very cheap older Microace stuff by the kilo because the previous owner didn't like the banshee wails coming from the motor and/or was dissatisfied with the lack of working lighting.

This E231-500 series suffered from both, but after a full strip-down of the motor unit, some strategic lubrication and general grunge removal (oh and application of the trusty back-to-back gauge to the driving axles)  this one now trundles around the layout just nicely, thank you.

47110785974_c9fb288164_z.jpg

MicroAce E231-500 series (Yamanote Line) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

It's probably not the best rendering of the E231, but it's interesting to see where Microace does things better, in this case they've got the window tinting right (door windows are not tinted).

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, EdF said:

I just caved and ordered a Tomix EF210-300 and 2 track cleaning cars, no to see what ordering NGDCC boards is like.

I've ordered NGDCC boards a few times.  Went very smoothly.   I emailed what I wanted, they sent back payment info (I paid using PayPal), and shortly thereafter the stuff was posted and made its way to me.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:46 AM, railsquid said:

My name is Railsquid and I am addicted to buying very cheap older Microace stuff by the kilo because the previous owner didn't like the banshee wails coming from the motor and/or was dissatisfied with the lack of working lighting.

47110785974_c9fb288164_z.jpg

MicroAce E231-500 series (Yamanote Line) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

I thought I was the only one who enjoyed taking things apart to try and repair or improve them. Lol! My father was a self taught sewing machine mechanic for a clothing factory in New Zealand and I think I got that gene! I wasn't so successful as a teenager opening up working appliances,etc and not being able to reassemble them or get them working again. 

Edited by railsquid
fix quote
  • Like 1