What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I would say tomorow. Customs usually take a whole day to be cleared.

Package cleared customs early this morning. I would also think it'll arrive here tomorrow.

Finally! I finally received the B-Train Shorty for my Gfriend. I took some pictures of the kit, it really looks easy. I'm going to help her build it tomorow... or I hope. If not, I will have to wait until the 14th of July when she comes back from Paris.

And I'm still wainting for:

- Kato Diesel Locomotive DD51, Cargo Renewal Livery (blue)

- Kato Covered Wagon WAMU 380000, 2 Cars Set

- Kato Covered Wagon WAFU 2950, with working Tail Lights

- Greemax 2 storey Merchant House Kit

- Kato Knuckle Coupler 11-702

- Greenmax, Keihin Electric Express Railway Series 1500 (Add-On 4-Car Kit)

I got completely over my head this month...  :laugh:

Martijn Meerts

Oh, I'm also waiting on the last 11 issues of this little fella: http://www.de-club.net/jkc/

(In short, it's a building kit of a C62 in 1/24 scale. Whole thing is brass and iron. Each week a new box comes out with various parts and a magazine with tons of prototype info on Japanese steam engines and routes.)

http://www.de-club.net/jkc/issue.php?pos=0&Issue=001 is a list of all the issues (and an image of the parts each issue contains), starting at number 1 =)

And I'm still wainting for:

- Kato Diesel Locomotive DD51, Cargo Renewal Livery (blue)

- Kato Covered Wagon WAMU 380000, 2 Cars Set

- Kato Covered Wagon WAFU 2950, with working Tail Lights

- Greemax 2 storey Merchant House Kit

- Kato Knuckle Coupler 11-702

- Greenmax, Keihin Electric Express Railway Series 1500 (Add-On 4-Car Kit)

I got completely over my head this month...  :laugh:

I hear ya :grin ... Wonder if I could get my health insurance to pay for my hobby as I believe that, well, railway models could be considered vital medication, no?

29.06.2009 07:22 Frankfurt Handed in from customs

29.06.2009 16:58 Frankfurt Departure Consignment has left the branch office

30.06.2009 04:48 Frankfurt Arrival Consignment has arrived at branch office

Looks like a delivery might be due today... :cool:

EDIT:

30.06.2009 06:28 Frankfurt Handed to courier Consignment is on its way to consignee

You know the feeling of having to look up T&T information over and over again?

Wonder if I could get my health insurance to pay for my hobby as I believe that, well, railway models could be considered vital medication, no?

Yeah, they're definitely a benefit to mental health.

Of course, you have to be careful to avoid an overdose.

You know the feeling of having to look up T&T information over and over again?

Oh, yes....

I hear ya :grin ... Wonder if I could get my health insurance to pay for my hobby as I believe that, well, railway models could be considered vital medication, no?

Actually a friend was on some sort of disability and they wanted him to do some sort of art/hobby therapy and he was able to get them to put money towards doing a home layout to do this. i was amazed that they would do something like that, but it has been very good for him over the last couple of years, keeping him active and very engaged in working on the layout even with some nasty physical impairments. he also did some painting classes and turns out to have enough of a talent to maybe even sell some of it and also really enjoying it!

cheers

jeff

SubwayHypes

hahaha yea its like christmas is early for me!  although i should probably just order the 231 myself and have him search for a rarer prototype.

he lives all alone in tokyo so he likes to go out on "missions" to look for trains i guess.  i send him all the videos i shoot of my layout too.

It great that Grandpa encourages you with your hobby and in return you show him in your video what you've done with his gifts.

disturbman

I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous...  :laugh:

And at the end, is it going to be the Kato or the Tomix version?

The next incoming delivery will consist of (2) 20-806 Kato Island Platform Sets, Double Track Concrete Ties Incline Pier Set (32pcs), Unitrack Double Track 2" Pier, Poured Concrete Column & Built-Up 4 Floor Office Building, Green. My Kato V11 set just came in

Got my E531 today. However, the two car set which was supposed to have been included was missing, but I already contacted the seller (Plaza Japan :grin ) and was told they had noticed their error and would ship it out tomorrow.

My E217 has now touched down on German soil as well and is currently being processed at the airport :cool: . The EH200 I also ordered should be getting on its way very soon, too.

Claude_Dreyfus

My E217 has now touched down on German soil as well and is currently being processed at the airport :cool: . The EH200 I also ordered should be getting on its way very soon, too.

The EH200 is a cool engine and very impressive  :grin:cool:

Is your E217 the Tokaido version? They are no great lookers in my opinion, but the livery certainly helps improve this...

Hopefully your customs will process a little quicker that UK - took them over a week for an EF64 I got recently... :cussing:

Claude_Dreyfus

Guys, I admit I fell for it again :cheesy . Now I'm waiting for a 10 car Tokaido E217 as well. I know this one isn't operating north of Tokyo, but it just seemed to beg, "buy me!" Know the feeling? :grin

Now I'll need to get the five car set as well, eventually. Or do the E217s on the Tokaido line also operate as ten car units only?

Now I have actually read your post above....welcome to the happy E217 owners club... :grin

I have today also ordered a Kato DE10.....in H0!

The EH200 is a cool engine and very impressive  :grin:cool:

True, but the same could be said about almost all other Japanese motive power, no? :grin

Is your E217 the Tokaido version? They are no great lookers in my opinion, but the livery certainly helps improve this...

Oh, I actually quite like the rounded shape of the cab ends, if that was the point you were referring to. I was a little torn between the Yokosuka-Sobu and the Tokaido one, but as I already got a Japanese EMU with blue trim I thought the Tokaido variant would be a nice change.

Hopefully your customs will process a little quicker that UK - took them over a week for an EF64 I got recently... :cussing:

The E531 arrived on the 28th and was transferred from the airport customs office to the local office within another day. Received the pickup notification today and immediately went to collect the package.

I'm waiting for the new Kato AVE100 in RENFE Operadora livery from Plaza Japan in Osaka and the new Kato 2009 N gauge catalogue which is from "hit-japan" and they are based in Sapporo if anyone has used them before :cheesy.

SubwayHypes

Got my E531 today. However, the two car set which was supposed to have been included was missing, but I already contacted the seller (Plaza Japan :grin ) and was told they had noticed their error and would ship it out tomorrow.

make sure to post some pics of those 531 and 217 when you get the chance.

make sure to post some pics of those 531 and 217 when you get the chance.

Will do. It'll sure be interesting to have a full 15 car set in front of me :grin .

And just to round it all off, I am finding myself looking at an E3 or the 922-10 Dr. Yellow set with increasing frequency. Should I be worried? :lipssealed:

And just to round it all off, I am finding myself looking at an E3 or the 922-10 Dr. Yellow set with increasing frequency. Should I be worried? :lipssealed:

no worries both are good for you!

jeff

SubwayHypes

you shouldnt be worried, but your bank account might take a hit!

so you got a 15 car e531 AND a 15 car e217?  COOL, make sure to post them up.  my e531 and e217 are only 8 car sets.  Going for the full 15 is some hardcore wallet damage!

you shouldnt be worried, but your bank account might take a hit!

There is a lottery here in Germany where you can win a lifelong pension of sorts. The actual amount of money per month depends on your age and gender, but if I understand the rules correctly it is never below 7,500 EUR :lipssealed: . Gee, just think about all the trains I could buy with that money!

so you got a 15 car e531 AND a 15 car e217?  COOL, make sure to post them up.  my e531 and e217 are only 8 car sets.  Going for the full 15 is some hardcore wallet damage!

No, I only got the 10 car E217 at this time as HWJ did not stock the 5 car one. I'll keep looking for that one, though. But as I said before, I will have to consider the length of those units and therefore where I could put them on display in the future :grin .