ANA Star Wars livery

bikkuri bahn

Very cool!

Darth maul is the pilot? Or general grvis? Maybe Jabba the Hutt? That would give you a start when you entered the plane and looked into the cockpit!

Now think of the flight attendants!

Wonder what the liscensing fees were in that!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

I have a friend who flies the 767 with ANA, he mentioned that particular 767 is an old machine so it'll only be on there for a brief time as its scheduled to become a freighter and will lose the decals next year. Unlike the Pokemon 777's which have been around for a long time now! They'll still look good though, providing something different! Get some photos while you can

nice.

I wonder which way the the $ flowed on this deal or if its just a trade for eyeballs. disney is seriously marketing star wars already here in the states, commercials for toys (going for the nostalgic of parents sharing their childhood starwars with the new one now!) and toys everywhere (even sears and they dont carry much of any toys these days at our store). wonder if it will be too much with the largest merchandizing line in history hitting the largest marketing juggernaut... Not sure if the story can keep up the momentum and scale of return they want and re-ignight the fever.

will be interesting to see if the film is totally disneyified! its rather insidious with disney, even had a long time client recently hire in a disney exec and he has managed to force everything into a script, very scary... I almost took on a large project for disney (hey its disney and they wave lots of money at you) until i found out the previous two producers had nervous breakdows from all the jr execs micromanaging things they knew nothing about -- i ran far far away.

jeff

Yodobashi Camera Hobby/Toy departments are chock full of Star Wars merchandise, including meter high figures of stormtroopers and such.  I wonder how many younger customers actually know or care anything about it.