Boxzy

tossedman

Dang, I could use something like this! 3D printing, laser cutting and milling in one machine is pretty amazing. It's like your own little factory in the corner. Supremely awesome. I suspect that machines like these will become regularly seen home equipment within ten or so years. Just like wifi-routers, flat screen TV, etc.

Dang, I could use something like this! 3D printing, laser cutting and milling in one machine is pretty amazing. It's like your own little factory in the corner. Supremely awesome. I suspect that machines like these will become regularly seen home equipment within ten or so years. Just like wifi-routers, flat screen TV, etc.

I'm hoping so. I'd like to see one though rather than support it on Kickstarter. Pretty sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm hoping so. I'd like to see one though rather than support it on Kickstarter. Pretty sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Yes, I'd like to have a more mass-produced one made for a specific level of detailing, rather than a small scale and experimental product. It's not that I don't support small manufacturing at all, but for minute detailing -like we have with model trains, this will probably not do.

yeah swiss army knives are not always that useful. there is an old shop tool called the ShopSmith which an do most all the things in a wood shop -- table saw, lathe, drill press, sander, router, shaper. they are super well made and can do a lot, but you end up spending a lot of time switching the machine between the different tools and it never did any of them quite as good as a decent standalone version...

its true here that the positioning system is basically the same for the three machines, but the laser and extruder are pretty light weight while the router is pretty hefty. also the extrusion printing just is not that useful for N scale. the liquid polymer based systems are much better at the fine detail but don't need the moving head.

I liked that kickstarter of the little laser cutter that you placed the whole thing down on your work as it had a super light frame. this would let you use a small unit to do larger things if you wanted to by just moving the cutter over on a larger piece of material!

i am surprised that small laser cutters have not really come out in a more mass produced and cheaper way as they have a lot of great ability in doing etching to cutting in a host of hobbies and doing 2D cad is pretty fast and easy. but i guess the 3d printing craze is just driving a lot of the market.

the other rub with a lot of the entry level more do it yourself machines is the fact that it can take a lot of work and skill to get them going and you have to be willing and able to do that (and enjoy it or you may never get it done!) I have a retired engineer friend who went off and got a makerbot about a year ago and he said when he got into it it was going to take a while to get it going and I've not heard any progress reports since! Ive been careful not to ask as I'm sure if it was going great he would be gushing over it! he's pretty skilled and a real tool head as well.

i guess it depends on where you derive your fun!

cheers

jeff

Ya , this Boxyz is quiet good and i purchased "BoXZY Make". It is quiet good. 

The BoXZY Make comes with 3d printing technology along with a CNC mill. This machine comes with BoXZY’s metallic design and the high-resolution printing power. With this, you can print in different formats that you want. Carving out error free design is going to be a breeze working with CNC Make. 

It has several pros like:- 

• Access to 3D printer with addition of just $200 over Boxzy Carve
  • Works on metals like titanium and also great for woodworker to operate on hardwood
  • The stainless steel power station enables quieter jobs
  • Artisan level accuracy in tasks

You can check here to get Complete info related to BoXYZ 3 in 1 CNC. 

Quiet good