Densha's Keihan Ōtsu Lines T-Trak Project

Densha

I suspect FB is like politics and religion, in that there's no point in discussing varying views of it.

Ah, now I see. You're referring to Facebook instead of T-Trak Japan (which I was referring to with my link). You could have explained that beforehand.

I don't go near FB, so had no idea what the link was to.

Just because I'm not interested in T-Trak, I certainly wouldn't have criticized a link.

I'm surprised that anyone would have considered that.

I don't go near FB, so had no idea what the link was to.

The link is a direct link to Facebook and it says so. I didn't post a hyperlink exactly because of that. Japan also has an emperor and has a history of not so positive things. It's not surprising at all.

Here is a link to the one I was refering to if it works.  If it does scroll down the page a bit.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/114352855242229/search/?query=airport

So, those are basically triple-length(?) standard modules with an extra plank slapped on top to simulate a subway?

It always strikes me as funny that T-Trak caught on in the US, as it was developed for small spaces, high detailing purposes and easy transport on commuter trains (it fits easily in a standard yūpakku box). Three things I usually don't see with US made T-Trak modules.

P.s. This is the system I was referring to as I remembered I have a few pictures of the subway system on the forumshttp://www.jnsforum.com/community/uploads/monthly_08_2014/post-188-0-04423100-1408751179.jpg

Edited by Toni Babelony

us ttrak has little in common with Japanese ttrak other than lee. Unfortunately highly detailed modules are not as important here as the miles of scale track that can be done, which is so counter to the idea of cramming a lot into a small area. It's 99% alternate spacing here to run big trains on small modules.

Jeff

Ok dug out the prototype I did about 4 years back. The idea is to have base subway modules that our standard 1" tall modules just sit on top. The subway are alternate spaced but only 1/2" from the front for better viewing and to get the 282/249 curves in the subway under standard spaced ends. Just have to get the time to assemble the rest of the subway sections, parts are all cut! Height is such it can still mate to regular ttrak heights.

Cheers

Jeff

post-24-0-18409700-1428559484_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-96884000-1428559505_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-81809700-1428559521_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-92389600-1428559533_thumb.jpg

Das Steinkopf

Hello everyone

Like a number of people here I have fallen victim to the beauty and charm that is the Keihan Keishin line, I recently stayed in Otsu at the Toyoko Inn which the Keihan Keishin travels past as it climbs it's way up the street from Hamaotsu towards Kamisakaemachi. I was able to take a trip on the line from Hamaotsu to Yamashina, I was also able to take a number of photos around Hamaotsu as well as some when I was on the train, I was so fascinated by this line that I couldn't help myself and purchased the Micro Ace 800 Series (8362) the minute I saw it, I then went around for days hunting down the other set (8360). I also purchased a number of other items and look forward to building a layout based on the line, out of curiosity does anyone have much detail on the two works shunters at Shinomiya, I have a decent picture of the one that has been converted for use as a catenary repair vehicle and I would like to make models of both vehicles. I was able to purchase two packs of the ARU NINE Ballast Wagon (A1038) as well as a pack of the Tsugawa Yoko Rail Carrying Bolsters, I also purchased a Tsugawa Yoko TMC100 as a fill in for the per way shunter but ultimately I would like to build replicas of the two vehicles based at Shinomiya.

Regards

Dave

17245167561_02fafbd381_z_d.jpg

16625529773_81729434b1_z_d.jpg

17245175551_f00c2ed747_z_d.jpg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 2