Tomix TCS modes 7 & 8 rethought for tram operations

velotrain

Tomix shows TCS modes 7 and 8 as a loop with a passing siding - mode 7 running two (alternating) trams in the same direction, while mode 8 runs them in opposing directions.  This is ideal for depicting a station on a single track line with a passing track at stations, such as on the Enoden or Randen tram lines.

I suddenly realized the these modes could also be built as two separate tram lines, but sharing a short common stretch of track.

http://tinyurl.com/o5dux2c

I haven't radically changed the locations here, but the stop sensors could be located anywhere along either "loop".  There can be a common station that is located opposite the shared trackage.  One line can even be elevated, with the station being bilevel - perhaps where the lines cross each other. 

The two lines can follow different streets in an urban area, or one of them can leave the city center for a housing area in the near suburbs.

The common track could be justified by having it cross a bridge, or perhaps run it between two "historic" structures located very close to each other - similar to this gauntlet track in Prague.

gallery_941_135_44167.jpg

gallery_941_135_79028.jpg

yup, i'm doing something similar.  small back section is the common track.  stopping sensors placed at the tram stop in front.  i'm not copying the complete plan, but making a few changes.

post-1782-0-85494700-1427578271_thumb.jpg

Edited by katoftw