Jump to content
Densha

Keihan Ōtsu Lines model trains

Recommended Posts

Gordon Werner
On 11/15/2018 at 12:10 PM, sandiway said:

3,300 yen for head/tail lights? That's a bit steep. Does not provide illumination inside the car?

 

comes with 2 modules, so 1500 / car

Share this post


Link to post
katoftw
36 minutes ago, Gordon Werner said:

 

comes with 2 modules, so 1500 / car

Plus 800 for the trailer car

Plus 150 for the motor car

Share this post


Link to post
sandiway

Do Tomytec make the regular Sakamoto one I took in 2017.

IMG_6338.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
sandiway

Also in 2017 before Keihan repainted them

 

P3060142-P3060145 2.jpg

Edited by sandiway

Share this post


Link to post
katoftw

And a couple from old train box sets and a keihan station shop only set.

 

P4130179.thumb.JPG.e05b6039c9a2946fb4f3518f17b46803.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
OrangeAnon

Bit of an unorthodox first post, but I literally made an account just to ask this: Has anyone ever thought about connecting these with a semi-permanent drawbar? I see most like to swap out the Arnold couplers for Kato tightlocks and such, but I'd like to aim for as much realism as I can. Along similar lines, has anyone tried to model the passageway between cars? I might have some ideas on how to accomplish it, but naturally, working from someone else's experience is easier than winging it on your own. 😛

 

(btw if you ever spot the first Hibike Euphonium train for sale somewhere, gimme a shout! my current collection consists of the two K-ON trains, and I jumped on the preorder for the second Eupho train as soon as I saw it. I realize there's one on ebay right now, but I refuse to pay double what it's worth, and that's before shipping!)

Share this post


Link to post
Das Steinkopf

I use the Kato tightlocks on my Otsusen stock and I would like to fit corridor connectors between the cars as well, the only problem is that they would have to be flexible enough to negotiate the Kato Unitram curve which is used to emulate the section of line where it moves from the Nishi Oumi Highway and into Kamisakaemachi Eki. 

 

 As to your enquiry about the first Hibike Euphonium model I nearly passed out when I saw the price for one on JAUCE at ¥10,000 without adding the auction fees, I purchased the Keihan exclusive 80 Series for ¥5750 a couple of years ago and I thought it was a bit pricey but it was not a general release model like the Hibike Euphonium that could be purchased pretty much anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
katoftw

Gee makes me feel a little guilty I sold all mine fully complete with accessory parts fitted for $50-$60.  The buyers got a bargain. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
16 hours ago, OrangeAnon said:

Bit of an unorthodox first post, but I literally made an account just to ask this: Has anyone ever thought about connecting these with a semi-permanent drawbar? I see most like to swap out the Arnold couplers for Kato tightlocks and such, but I'd like to aim for as much realism as I can. Along similar lines, has anyone tried to model the passageway between cars? I might have some ideas on how to accomplish it, but naturally, working from someone else's experience is easier than winging it on your own. 😛

 

(btw if you ever spot the first Hibike Euphonium train for sale somewhere, gimme a shout! my current collection consists of the two K-ON trains, and I jumped on the preorder for the second Eupho train as soon as I saw it. I realize there's one on ebay right now, but I refuse to pay double what it's worth, and that's before shipping!)

 

14 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I use the Kato tightlocks on my Otsusen stock and I would like to fit corridor connectors between the cars as well, the only problem is that they would have to be flexible enough to negotiate the Kato Unitram curve which is used to emulate the section of line where it moves from the Nishi Oumi Highway and into Kamisakaemachi Eki. 

 

 As to your enquiry about the first Hibike Euphonium model I nearly passed out when I saw the price for one on JAUCE at ¥10,000 without adding the auction fees, I purchased the Keihan exclusive 80 Series for ¥5750 a couple of years ago and I thought it was a bit pricey but it was not a general release model like the Hibike Euphonium that could be purchased pretty much anywhere.

 

provided you can get the connectors that replace the couplers on the existing trucks (powered or otherwise) ... KATO's drawbars (w/hoses) intended for their Eiden Kirara model work wonderfully.

 

note: these go out of stock quite often (I've been waiting a while to order another set)  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10490308

 

A serious fan of the Ōtsuen lines has these sets for sale in Japan that contain everything you need if you don't want to make them yourself ... https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/zifrlvocajbty3c3rscbu3evpi/nh3fgv0rf5.html

 

 

IMG_6365.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
katoftw

Wow those off the yahoo site are awesome.  Price is awesome.  I am okay with the rapidos on Tomytecs, but if a cheaper alternative is available, then why not change.

 

Just need to find some hoods for the gangway, and the directional lighting kits, and they are a real model.

Edited by katoftw

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
On 11/16/2018 at 6:15 PM, sandiway said:

Do Tomytec make the regular Sakamoto one I took in 2017.

IMG_6338.jpg

 

in my signature (below each post) I have links to google spreadsheets of all the model releases so far. Here is the link to the Keihan Ōtsuen lines: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y80w0HjCVKqAUVwmlNBFDU_1Jfiap-V6p4UQBGLjH2A/edit?usp=sharing

 

alternatively ... this link from HobbySearch has everything that's available (excluding the individual Railway Collection blind boxes and the other special non-retail releases): https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/1700/0/1?Organization=Keihan+Electric+Railway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
4 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Wow those off the yahoo site are awesome.  Price is awesome.

 

Just need to find some hoods for the gangway, and the directional lighting kits, and they are a real model.

 

they also sell conversion kits to make a true-to-scale 500 Series train cars: https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/zifrlvocajbty3c3rscbu3evpi/zye4uh7tvn.html 

 

I think they also sell the gangway hoods: https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/zifrlvocajbty3c3rscbu3evpi/

Share this post


Link to post
sandiway
On 6/14/2018 at 12:08 AM, JR 500系 said:

Item sold. Thanks for looking! 

 

3 hours ago, Gordon Werner said:

alternatively ... this link from HobbySearch has everything that's available (excluding the individual Railway Collection blind boxes and the other special non-retail releases): https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/1700/0/1?Organization=Keihan+Electric+Railway

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10421207 sold out.

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
OrangeAnon
On 11/23/2018 at 4:18 PM, Gordon Werner said:

provided you can get the connectors that replace the couplers on the existing trucks (powered or otherwise) ... KATO's drawbars (w/hoses) intended for their Eiden Kirara model work wonderfully.

 

note: these go out of stock quite often (I've been waiting a while to order another set)  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10490308

I actually came across those earlier, but I couldn't tell from the product image how they connected. Seeing those photos on the Yahoo listing now, looks like they snap fit into a hole from top and bottom? Seems like it would be easy enough to fabricate something from the coupler extension pieces that come in the trailer sets. Thank You!

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
On 11/25/2018 at 7:53 AM, OrangeAnon said:

I actually came across those earlier, but I couldn't tell from the product image how they connected. Seeing those photos on the Yahoo listing now, looks like they snap fit into a hole from top and bottom? Seems like it would be easy enough to fabricate something from the coupler extension pieces that come in the trailer sets. Thank You!

 

 

it actually works really well ... I've tried it on my 4-car Shintetsu trains as well without issue.

 

the drawbar has a nub that fits in the hole of the clip attached to each truck ... and then the MU hoses are moulded to hide most of the connection when the train is sitting on the rails

Share this post


Link to post
bill937ca

Video by RVDRV

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
bill937ca
Posted (edited)

A winter scene:  

Edited by cteno4
Duplicate fb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Das Steinkopf
Posted (edited)

Looks like we will be seeing the release of the 800 Series in the Keihan Mainline livery later this year A8363, there is also A8361 to run along side of it, the price point of ¥18,300 is rather scary as I think I paid about ¥13,000 odd for each of my A8361 and A8362, hopefully the usual suspects will have them offer for around ¥15,000.

 

MICRO ACE 新製品のご案内 雑誌広告掲載

『RM MODELS』最新号広告に「新製品のご案内」が掲載されています。
 
発売予定(時期記載無し)
新製品
●A6688 長野電鉄 3500系 冷改・冬 2両セット 10,300円+税
●A6690 長野電鉄 3600系 冷改・冬 3両セット 13,200円+税
●A8257 キハ183系-5200 ノースレインボー・キハ183-1代走 5両セット 23,100円+税
●A8361 京阪800系 旧塗装・旧マーク 4両セット 18,300円+税
●A8363 京阪800系・新塗装 4両セット 18,300円+税
 
【情報源:下記雑誌掲載広告】
(広告掲載雑誌:『RM MODELS 285 2019-5』)
 
※雑誌広告に掲載されたものであり、これらの製品の受注書は現時点では配布されていません。NGI
 
以下詳細です。

Edited by Das Steinkopf

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner
Posted (edited)

here are the new 800 series models from MicroAce (pre-production)

 

 

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Gordon Werner

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×