Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
Densha

Keihan Ōtsu Lines model trains

5 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

As predicted by Katoftw late last year they have finally done it, no more hunting down the forever elusive Keihan Exclusive 80 series fitted with AC on Yahoo Auctions for near extortionate prices, now I have to figure what I want to do with the one I have should I leave it in original condition or decal it and weather it.

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/items/pdf/newitem_20170914_08.pdf

excellent ... will go nicely with my current 5 80 series cars (single one is a double-ended kit-bash)

33632210765_407f31754d_b.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gordon Werner said:

excellent ... will go nicely with my current 5 80 series cars (single one is a double-ended kit-bash)

33632210765_407f31754d_b.jpg

I love how you kitbashed the single car version, are you goind to fit it with a trolley pole later on to backdate it even further or just stick with the pantograph.

4 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I love how you kitbashed the single car version, are you goind to fit it with a trolley pole later on to backdate it even further or just stick with the pantograph.

to be honest I hadn't thought about it ...

need to find better source imagery if I were even to attempt that (at least I have an extra roof I can play around with)

I only have these photos taken back in 2010 or 2015 (whenever the Keihan Centenary was)

single-trolley_pole.png 

CwTkcX-VQAEgn8i.png

CwTkdsuUsAAG2RK.png

2_3.png

4 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

here are the [model] car ends

80_single_1.jpg80_single_2.jpg 

• Like 1

katoftw   

Still plenty of them running around in the old colours.  For 600s-800s.  Every one I rode today was old colouring.  Although I did see the new colours versions.

1 minute ago, katoftw said:

Still plenty of them running around in the old colours.  For 600s-800s.  Every one I rode today was old colouring.  Although I did see the new colours versions.

Pic's please.

katoftw   

Long story short.  There isn't any.  Wife stayed home sick.  Kids wouldn't do as they were told.  500 yen koto koto 1 day kippu ins't sold at any keihan station making the run around costs.  Was a very short day.

42 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Long story short.  There isn't any.  Wife stayed home sick.  Kids wouldn't do as they were told.  500 yen koto koto 1 day kippu ins't sold at any keihan station making the run around costs.  Was a very short day.

That"s odd we picked them up from Sanjo Keihan, my youngest daughter didn't need to pay for travel on the Otsu sen but she needed a Kyoto subway pass to cover the Tozai line section.