Keihan Ōtsu Lines model trains

Densha

adrianKeith

Apologies, I probably should have noted this in my original post -- I'm looking to build this small diorama using existing Keihan B-Trains that I have. I'll get some photos of the one I have once I get home.

Edited by adrianKeith
  • Like 1
Gordon Werner

video of 707F still not done (no vehicle numbers) but with the new route identifier graphics flanking the destination signs

I'm thinking the end-skirts are gonna be gray.

• Like 2

I'm thinking the end-skirts are gonna be gray.

The whole underbody is gray.  It really won't be wise to paint the underbody white.

Edited by bill937ca

The whole underbody is gray.  It really won't be wise to paint the underbody white.

Someone please tell Tomytec that. haha

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 2
Gordon Werner

if anyone is interested ...

YMProject has released their Keihan 500 Series conversion kit for TomyTec models 

Note: this is a 3D printed kit ... one kit will provide the parts for converting both cars (cab ends, roofs, underbody details, etc...)

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/zifrlvocajbty3c3rscbu3evpi/zye4uh7tvn.html

500 Series:

501F-502

503F-504

505F-506

model being converted: https://twitter.com/SUBA_Tc103_555/status/846719602159632388

model finished conversion: https://twitter.com/SUBA_Tc103_555/status/856197576474767360

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

That certainly is a bridge to far that I am not willing to travel, 600, 700 and 800 Series yeah that's fine, but to desecrate an 80 Series like that especially the limited edition one no thanks.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
Gordon Werner

That certainly is a bridge to far that I am not willing to travel, 600, 700 and 800 Series yeah that's fine, but to desecrate an 80 Series like that especially the limited edition one no thanks.

I just wanted to know what it'd look like (looks nice) but I agree with your sentiment

Whilst it is a shame that the Ishiyama Sakamoto trains are losing the classic Keihan livery and thus their antique look I really do like how they look in the Keihan Mainline livery.

I wouldn't go that far.  :)  I liked the classic Italian livery.

It appears that Keihan is trying to standardize on a single color livery. The new colors of the 600, 700 and 800 Series EMU's now match the colors of all other Keihan EMU's except the 3000 and 8000 Series. It'll be interesting to see if Keihan will eventually paint 3000 and 8000 EMU's in the new corporate colors eventually.

Gordon Werner

It appears that Keihan is trying to standardize on a single color livery. The new colors of the 600, 700 and 800 Series EMU's now match the colors of all other Keihan EMU's except the 3000 and 8000 Series. It'll be interesting to see if Keihan will eventually paint 3000 and 8000 EMU's in the new corporate colors eventually.

the 3000s (Blue/Silver/White) and the 8000s (Red/Gold/Yellow) are their dedicated express service trains  ... they'll remain those colors.

the 3000 series cars (Comfort saloon 3000) were added for the opening of the Nakanoshima Branch Line in downtown Osaka ... and were originally used for "super express" services from that branch in Osaka all the way to Demachiyanagi. These cars have transverse seating instead of the usual longitudinal bench seating that most Japanese high-capacity regional/subway trains feature.

the 8000 series cars (Elegant saloon 8000) wear Red/Yellow which, at least for Keihan, has historically indicated Express Service vehicles.  They also have the double-decker car, the new Premium (Reserved) Service car, TV Car (or used to). These cars also have transverse seating.

(Keihan actually denotes the colors as "Express Vehicle" (red/gold/yellow), "New Vehicle" (blue/silver/white), and "General Vehicle" (green/GREEN/white)

Keihan-colorsample-new.jpg

All the rest, mainline and Otsu Line trains will wear the Green/GREEN/White colors (all sub-express/local service)

Basically they're just simplifying things ahead of the expected/hoped for Olympics tourism crush ... whether this is a good thing (aesthetically) or not I'll leave it up to you.

Note: The Otokoyama Cablecar line is painted in the old Keihan Red/Yellow express colors ... whether they will remain that way or be painted the Green/GREEN/White colors remains to be seen

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 2
Gordon Werner
Gordon Werner

I haven't seen them use a 600 or 700 series train for this purpose before, but it makes sense I guess ...

[note: this 800 series set is being refurb'd for the new standardized Keihan (general purpose) exterior/interior]

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 2