Keihan Ōtsu Lines model trains

Densha

Gordon Werner

Those look like kato couplers inserted into the tomix trailer set rapido sockets.

yes, but any idea which ones so I can get some?

It is a good video.  Sammy aka JR500 posted it up somewhere before.  Maybe the Railway collection thread.  Does anyone else think they guys goes a little overboard with the glue?  I only use it on parts I have to.

Couplers = 11-704 maybe

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

It looks like he may be using a rubber cement type glue that will require a liberal amount to coat the whole bonding surface to stick well. Advantage is that it's not a permanent bond, you can dislodge it with some force later. Also can easily peel/cut off any excess.

Jeff

Could be Jeff.  I haven't glued much of my 10 or so Tomytec range.  Most hold together with friction nicely.  Some just need the additional glue.

Yeah I have as well, but I may start doing some like this being removable as I've had parts come off a few tomytecs in their boxes when taking them to shows. I think they get a jar now and then and the tomytec plastic inserts allow them to rattle around a little. Plan to make nicer vhs case boxes for them but have not gotten to it.

Jeff

Gordon Werner

just received this book ... has wonderful line art drawings of the entire fleet history of the Keihan Electric Railway ... 144 pages/full color and includes a list of the makeup of all their trains as as capsule histories on each design over the past 100 years

61sxMr3n-HL.jpg

available on Amazon et al if interested ... http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/4777009726/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 4
Gordon Werner

Do you mind opening up a few pages and taking snaps?

sure thing ...

here are some quick snaps ... i'll try to take some better ones later ... if there's anything specific you'd like to see, plz let me know

IMG_2968.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 1

Looks very nice, Gordon! I'm tempted to get it as well... did you get it 2nd hand at Amazon Japan? Are there also a lot of photos in there or only drawings and train configuration tables?

Gordon Werner

Looks very nice, Gordon! I'm tempted to get it as well... did you get it 2nd hand at Amazon Japan? Are there also a lot of photos in there or only drawings and train configuration tables?

there are a bunch of pages of color photos of today's fleet types as well as 5 pages or so of 1:80 b&w drawings but 90% is color illustrations/dimensions of every fleet type they've operated in passenger service

seems to be ordered chronologically ... and not by system (Otsu vs. other lines) ...

Some new models not too far away now.  Start buying some motors before the disappear.

p.s.  Dear Mr Tomy, I'm still awaiting a Patoden 600, Chihayafuru 600 and a normal livery 700.  Just a reminder. Thanks.

Edited by katoftw
Gordon Werner

Some new models not too far away now.  Start buying some motors before the disappear.

p.s.  Dear Mr Tomy, I'm still awaiting a Patoden 600, Chihayafuru 600 and a normal livery 700.  Just a reminder. Thanks.

and these:

Chuunibyou

keihan610ishiyamadera2.jpg

Chuunibyo deserves a model ... as the Sakamoto-Ishiyama line was featured in the show

Hibike! Euphonium

619f15072604~.JPG

Gundam Age

AgeGH.png

this one

keihan612ishiyamadera.jpg

and the mother lake 700

W081113-022.JPG\

hell i'd even be willing to get the randos like this

keihan706ishiyamadera.jpg

or the Sakura petal one

605f15020203~.JPG

and

706_20111229_(16).jpg

and

4%E4%BA%AC%E9%98%AA%2B600%E5%BD%A2.JPG

and 

2361db0b70bf1e62a9579d5b5679ddb7.jpg

there are a ton more interesting advertising schemes (especially on the 700s) ...

Edited by Gordon Werner
Gordon Werner

forgot the Merry Xmas one ...

kdt700-6h-shirotomo.jpg

and winter one

702_20111229_(61).jpg

the dinner train

136375686160713119187_IMG_6762.JPG

136375683476213118577_IMG_6773.JPG

136375184204613218678_P1100288.JPG

Edited by Gordon Werner
  • Like 1
Gordon Werner

You could almost mistake it for an 800 Series with that livery.

The mother lake on looks classy.  I'd buy it.

Mother Lake:

KER 707/708

keihan707hama-otsu5.jpg

707_.JPG

keihan-o2_707F.jpg

for comparison

keihan_815__4.jpg

Edited by Gordon Werner

Yes yes do want.  Classy touches with the blues and whites.  Probably the Gundum one also.  I have enough amine girly ones for now.

Edited by katoftw
Gordon Werner

Yes yes do want.  Classy touches with the blues and whites.  Probably the Gundum one also.  I have enough amine girly ones for now.

scene from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 

l0Nwz1KMXmarYJdyo.gif

Gordon Werner

for those unfamiliar with the reference ...

Lake Biwa (Mother Lake)

Located in Shiga Prefecture, just east of Kyoto, Lake Biwa is Japan’s largest and most famous lake. Some authorities believe the lake to be more than 4 million years old. Named for its shape, which resembles a Chinese instrument called a biwa, it’s also called “Mother Lake” because of its importance to Japanese natives. Originally used as a thoroughfare for rice transportation, it now serves as a source of clean drinking water and power supply.

Lake Biwa encompasses one-sixth of Shiga Prefecture. Visitors can traverse the lake in an old-fashioned steamboat that offers trips throughout the day. The lake’s surrounding towns also offer a variety of cultural sights and activities, including the famous Koka Ninja Village, where tourists experience the daily life of traditional ancient ninjas.

Edited by Gordon Werner