Arnold Duwag tram and Kato Lemke Hobbytrain Stadtbahnwagen M6

Tyler B

Hi all! I'm interested in finding out about the above trams in N gauge, but I can't find much information online after much web trawling. Does anyone know any information about them, or friendly dealers who might be stocking them?

Some sites say coming soon and others say sold out so I have no idea whether these are new products, old products or maybe even planned products which never happened.

p.s. apologies that they are not strictly speaking Japanese prototypes but everyone on here seems so knowledgeable so I thought I'd ask  :)

I have the Arnold Duwag tram.  It runs very smoothly but slowly as it is geared very low.  It tracks well and looks good.  I got mine at Eurolokshop in New York.  I believe they still have some in stock and others in different paint schemes that can be ordered.

Thanks! I had a look at that company's site, but it is a little unclear whether they have the items available or not ... they have the Arnold tram listed as 'New 2015 item', also the Kato Lemke Duwag Stadtbahnwagen is listed, but marked as 'New 2013 item' (I don't believe it has come out yet) does anyone have any further information about these two products?

To the best of my knowledge:

The "new-generation" of the Arnold GT6 tram came out over a year ago. Like many things in today's production-run style, they pretty quickly became hard to find. I think there were three different liveries offered.

The M6 was never produced, as far as I know. I would have loved to get some...

Rich K.

To the best of my knowledge:

The "new-generation" of the Arnold GT6 tram came out over a year ago. Like many things in today's production-run style, they pretty quickly became hard to find. I think there were three different liveries offered.

The M6 was never produced, as far as I know. I would have loved to get some...

Rich K.

You can make a reservation for the Arnold Gt6 here:

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produktsucheneu/0/0-0-0-0-0-arnold+gt6-0-0-0-0-0-gatt-gb-p/produktsucheneu.html

You can make a reservation for the M6 (not Arnold) here:

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produktsucheneu/0/0-2-0-0-0-duwag+tram-0-0-0-0-0-gatt-gb-p/produktsucheneu.html

Their customer service (English supported) is excellent, so if you write them they'll tell you when these are expected - if they know.

Charles

I've just received an email from a dealer in England who's been told by the manufacturer that the Lemke M6 model is to come into stock probably in June/July, which is good news!

Any choice? :)

See my earlier post above.

I don't know if it's the same as  version is now available on the Lippe site.

If Lemke is different from the Hobbytrain version, ask them if they could get it for you.

As far as I'm concerned, I can get any European product cheaper from Europe than at Reynaulds - especially with the current exchange rate !

Sure, you pay more for shipping - although Reynaulds gouges you there also - but the GST tax being removed easily makes up for it.

If you want to buy in the U.S., try these places as I think they have more fair prices, but I don't know if they'd carry it:

http://tee-usa.com/

http://www.rocousa.com/

After much searching, I managed to find a shop which had one of the Arnold trams in stock, and have just received it in the post! Lovely little model, I look forward to sending it for a test run soon :)

I received my Arnold Duwag Gt6 from Modellbahnshop Lippe today.  They ship using box in a box, so it looked like it contained a large Kato downtown structure.  There were enough peanuts to feed an elephant for a day.

gallery_941_135_73927.jpg

Due to the articulation design, it requires R140 at a minimum, and you can see the two ends almost touching.  The pantograph is either locked down, or fully extended - as seen here.  I found it very difficult to get on the rails, partly due to the tiny wheels, but also the low skirts not allowing you to grasp the trucks.  It runs smoothly, but with a fair amount of noise. 

I'd have to say that the Japanese trams definitely offer better value for the price.

Lippe tells me the M6 isn't due until August-October.  Does anyone know if this will be available from Japanese sellers, or is it for European sales exclusively through Lemke - Hobbytrain?

Charles,

Nice! Nice colors.

The few hobbytrain- lemke Europe things I've seen that have gone back to japan are usually more expensive in Japan like the tamper car.

Jeff

brill27mcb

I received my Arnold Duwag Gt6 from Modellbahnshop Lippe today...

... I found it very difficult to get on the rails, partly due to the tiny wheels, but also the low skirts not allowing you to grasp the trucks. 

It's easier to put on the rails if you do it on Wide Tram track. Just slightly slide it back and forth across the street until the flanges drop in.

Rich K.