My Japanese style layout

VJM

I'm jealous! It's a limited edition set!  :)

It sure is a long train, and like Toni san said, it looks really nice in the picture!

• Like 1

Can't have one limited edition set without the other.

Kato 10-481 205 Series Saikyo Line Color KATO TRAIN

large_l52.jpg.e6e4e65251e594b747e5438b36babead.jpg

Edited by VJM
  • Like 6

My good friend Kevin offered me this at a price that was too good to pass up, and since everyone else was buying one, peer pressure was too much.... even if it is a "foreign" model.

Kato 10-1324 TGV Duplex New Colour

large_l56.jpg.769a95b3f15098b03469111df8739e2e.jpgl56.jpg

Edited by VJM
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nice purchase there vjm,foreign it may be but strangely does nt look out of place,really nice train,you run what you want mate it's your layout!

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 1

I break a sweat uncoupling these TGV trains, it feels like I'm going to break something but I haven't yet so they seem to be pretty strong.

In the interests of better accessibility to the temple, a bridge/underpass has been built so that people can get to it from the road.  Also, street lights have been added. 

large_l61.jpg.ac7b74b339a26f78b1b1e414de5dfb1e.jpg

Edited by VJM
  • Like 17

VJM, you are so considerate to the N Scale people of your beautiful layout. It would be very tempting for folks to try and get to the river, why no access to the river below?

Again,superb attention to detail!

The only problem with this layout is that there s not nearly enough pics of it! It s superb vjm.

Man, first time I read this thread, and loving every bit of it. Love the track plan, the lighting, and the scenery. So amazed that you're able to squeeze in a little of everything from onsen to temple, from town to mountain, from turn table to 3 stations and a yard. Truly inspirational! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

A picture of the path from the other side.  I think I need to put more lights along the path back to the temple.

large_l62.jpg.871a9fe77620321b0fa2bbac24cb21e7.jpg

PLATZ/Greenmax TP6 Nagoya Railroad series 3300 400th anniversary of Tokugawa Ieyasu's achievement special wrapping on the high speed line

Edited by VJM
  • Like 8

Added some shunting signals from Greenmax.  Drilled them out, placed an LED, put a blob of paint on the back.  Hopefully you can see them.

large_l64.jpg.447a10e2f46a337783abf2b424d9a6e5.jpg

Edited by VJM
  • Like 16

Meanwhile, space has been cleared in the park and the local Steam Locomotive Preservation Society has placed their pride and joy, the C57, on a plinth so that it may be appreciated by railfans while munching on their takoyaki...

large_l68.jpg.a794c91b1043b0aad6f43366fbec07e9.jpg

The C57 was purchased second hand as junk, but there's actually nothing wrong with it.  It's the older Kato model with the motor in the cab.

Edited by VJM
  • Like 15

Ridiculously good. For photography, you could use focus stacking to improve depth of field. And it'd make your layout look even better.

• Like 1

Ridiculously good. For photography, you could use focus stacking to improve depth of field. And it'd make your layout look even better.

Is that even remotely possible?

Such an amazing layout! I love how you placed a lot of those buildings in the town, since they're not parallel to the roads, it makes everything look so much more interesting! I just hope my roads come out half as amazing as yours!