My Japanese style layout

VJM

28 minutes ago, VJM said:

l71.jpg

Micro Ace A7007 C53-43 Streamliner with

Modemo NS110 JNR Oldtimer coaches

Hey buddy,how’s things? Beautifull train mate.

i ve got to tell you Andrew,you do nt post nearly enough pictures of this beautifull layout😂😂👍👍😀

paul

• Like 2

What a nice layout ! It's a neat construction, built with lots of care to details. There is some awesome spots for photos an some scenes are gorgeous. I'm impressed by the great quality of your pictures. N scale is not easy to shot, you have great skills.

I particulary like your small street area, with a nice reproduction of the atmosphere of japanese city with theyre caracteristics architechture. Great Job !

Also nice natrural areas. You does have some great fun when running of that great layout !

• Like 1
On 4/2/2015 at 2:58 PM, VJM said:

l30.jpg

Love that picture ! The design of that scene is absolutely prefect : pretty volumes and clever use of the different levels nicely melted together by the scenery. 😍

Edited by Bubule
  • Like 5

Everything about this layout is just beautifull!

my only complaint is we need more pictures of it!!!, 👍👍😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, sandiway said:

VJM do you have a picture of the entire layout? It seems so amazing.

There should be a couple of pictures on the first page of this thread, although they are of the initial completion.  They don't show the later changes like the underpass bridge.

• Like 1

I think I've said it before; Micro Ace make some really unusual, great looking trains.  Once again, special thanks to Dave at Loco1Hobby (one of my final purchases) for going out of his way to procure this one for me.

large_l74.jpg.56963bdf9b09aae0c46cc77f7293e78a.jpg

Micro Ace A1463 EF55-1 (Moomin Loco!) Torokko Train TORA90000

Edited by VJM
  • Like 6

large_l76.jpg.8da300319a8fe308d14154369f44e331.jpg

Tomix 2643 Moka Railway C11 325

Tomix 98213 Moka Railway 50 series coaches

Loco looks nice but runs poorly compared to the Kato equivalent.

Edited by VJM
  • Like 6
On 3/11/2015 at 7:27 AM, VJM said:

Here we go...

l2.jpg

What kind of tables are these that you built your layout on? Are they custom or store bought. I really like how they look. I'm going to be moving soon so I'll be tearing down and rebuilding. My current layout has bare wooden legs, which I've never liked. I want my next layout to look good also as a piece of furniture in the room. I think the finished legs are a nice touch.

I'm a huge fan of your work btw.

• Like 2

large_l82.jpg.fddf97c36e62997d1bff0b4bae978a8f.jpg

Kato Model Trains Kyoto Station Limited Model - DE10 1156 Umekoji Driving Zone Type

Kato Model Trains Kyoto Station Limited Model - DE10 1082 Kansai Logistics

Edited by VJM
  • Like 5

Just about anyone can pick out a D51 by its outline, but what happens when the smoke deflectors are removed?  Combined with a namekuji dome, and handrails at the front, it looks extremely unusual.

The prototype is D51-91 from the Suita No1 Locomotive Depot and it had its deflectors removed after being transferred from the Chuo Line in 1965 for visibility reasons.  It was often seen on the Joto Freight line in its final years of operation before it was scrapped in 1970. 

large_l83.jpg.94668ae97a70e2694ec75acf1bd4b565.jpg

KATO Kyoto Station D51-91 No Deflector Suita No 1 Locomotive Depot

• Like 8