Tokyo Metro: A Subway Network On Time & On Track

By my calculations this would be episode 68

Can be viewed here

• Like 2

bobbodaclown

New episode!

May 24, 2019

Nishi-Nippon Railroad: Fine Dining on an Even Finer Tourist Train

Nishi-Nippon Railroad's first tourist train "The Rail Kitchen Chikugo" began operating in March 2019 in the Kyushu region. The train, which is a showcase of traditional craftsmanship, features an open kitchen where a variety of dishes made from local produce are prepared. Come behind the scenes as we take an in-depth look at the development of this new train, and how the company will compete with the 11 tourist trains already operating in the region. Then in "Hands-on Railway History," we visit the Kyushu Railway History Museum where precious vehicles from Kyushu are on display.

• Like 1

bobbodaclown

Another new episode!

May 31, 2019

Hiroshima Electric Railway: On Track on the Streets

Since the 1960's Japan's streetcar numbers have fallen into decline due to an increase of cars, subways, and railway lines. However, to meet the aging population's need for safe and convenient public transport, streetcars have been making a comeback. See how Japan's largest streetcar operator, Hiroshima Electric Railway, is using second-hand vehicles collected from across Japan as well as modern trams to meet the demand. In "Trains in Focus," join us on the adorable Chuggington train that runs on the Okayama Electric Tramway.

JPTRAINS
Posted (edited)

Nishi-Nippon Railroad: Fine Dining on an Even Finer Tourist Train

Edited by JPTRAINS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JPTRAINS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

brill27mcb
On 5/23/2019 at 6:27 PM, bobbodaclown said:

Another new episode!

May 31, 2019

Since the 1960's Japan's streetcar numbers have fallen into decline due to an increase of cars, subways, and railway lines. However, to meet the aging population's need for safe and convenient public transport, streetcars have been making a comeback. See how Japan's largest streetcar operator, Hiroshima Electric Railway, is using second-hand vehicles collected from across Japan as well as modern trams to meet the demand. In "Trains in Focus," join us on the adorable Chuggington train that runs on the Okayama Electric Tramway.

I thought that this was a great episode. Also liked the Enoden episode, but then I'm a tram guy...

Rich K.

• Like 1

bill937ca

Rich, a couple more tram or light rail episodes that may appeal to you.

• Like 1

bill937ca

High Speed, High Safety: Shinkansen Documentary

• Like 3

bill937ca

500 Series Documentary

• Like 2

miyakoji

I miss old Russel to be honest

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

katoftw

Russel was great.  Sarah's super fake smile as annoying.  Thank god she is gone.

• Like 1

lighthouse
47 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Russel was great.  Sarah's super fake smile as annoying.  Thank god she is gone.

Sarah has always reminded me of a person, unfortunately also visually !, with which I had to collect negative experiences ...

Good that she is gone.

Kiha66

Russel was corny but genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself.  The newer host always feels fake to me and condescending to his Japanese co-hosts.

bobbodaclown

New Episode!

June 28, 2019

Hankai Tramway: Osaka's One & Only Tram Network

With a history of more than 100 years, Hankai Tramway, which connects Osaka City and Sakai City, is the only tram operator in Osaka Prefecture. With 2 other companies connecting the cities, Hankai Railway's ridership fell into decline, and just 10 years ago the section connecting Osaka City and Sakai City was in danger of closing. See how the company's ridership has increased with local government support. Also, see the company's new ultra-low-floor vehicle as well as Japan's oldest tram.