Ken Ford

Interested in 1/150 6.5mm or 7.1mm gauge?

Ken Ford

Nice find! We're getting back to modeling season...

cteno4

It's funny how looking at prototypically correct gauge models looks funny when you have been so use to loong at the wide, unprototypical gauge regular models! But they do look nice!

Like the Spring power couplers they tried. I had tracked down some tiny springs to try this last year, but one of those projects put aside...

Jeff

kvp

Actually 6.5 mm is a tad too small for 1:150, so by adding the thickness of the rails, it looks much smaller and it is a bit smaller than prototypical. The large flange size of the wheels doesn't help either. (actually i found that from a side view, using darkened finescale wheels have a large impact on the look, especially with relatively exposed wheels, typical on 2 axle cars) Also the bogie frames are usually made thinner on cape gauge Nj scale models to not protude out too much and resizing them instead of just pushing the wheels in on the axle could create much thinner bogies than on the prototype. Looking at the photos, the writer does both, depending on the type of the wheelsets.

The various power couplers are interesting as i would like to create (or source from somewhere) a rapido power coupler that could be remotely uncoupled and still provides a reliable power connection.

Darklighter

Is there a guide for the conversion of current Tomix DMUs?

railsquid

7.1mm and 9.6mm gauge side by side:

• Like 2