Hello from United Kingdom !

signalmanson

I am indeed the son of a Signalman and have had a passion for railways for as long as I can remember.

My current interest is N scale Japanese Railways.

I'm just in the process of formulating ideas so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

Anyone else here from the UK ?

Yes, there are a fair few of us. Where in the UK are you?

Hi Claude_Dreyfus

I'm from the sunny south west.

I've been trying to find where I add to my profile ?

"I've been trying to find where I add to my profile ?" Ha! You've failed the first test (lol).

Welcome to the forum anyway  :)

• Like 1

Welcome Signalmanson,

Great heredity!

Look forward to you outings in n scale Japanese trains! Friendly group here and loads of info!

Cheers

Jeff

No, but planning a trip there later this year.

Mainly to Wales and western Scotland, places I didn't get to during my last visit in 2010.

Thanks Jeff,westfalen and railsquid.

I'm hoping to make a start soon so I'll do my best to update my progress.

Does anyone have any news on Kato Soundbox ?

Many thanks for the link. I'll have a look.

I wasn't sure from watching Kato's promotion video whether the soundbox would support more than one track.

Any ideas ?

Hi signalmanson, another Brit here though I am a fair way from you as am in NE Scotland, I do know your are fairly well and my other half is a Wiltshire lass.  Look forward to seeing your progress

Many thanks for the link. I'll have a look.

I wasn't sure from watching Kato's promotion video whether the soundbox would support more than one track.

Any ideas ?

Judging by the description in the review, it sits between the controller and the track and reads EMF feedback to tell what sounds to generate, so I presume it will only support the one track.

Looks like you have managed to get your profile set up nicely. Are you a recent convert to N gauge?

I started in N gauge North American about 5 or 6 years ago but the interest waned as the garage was cold, draughty and dusty !

3 Granddaughters later and finally news of a grandson - just the incentive I needed !

The locos and rolling stock are now up for sale and I've ordered my first emu !

Hi signalmanson, another Brit here though I am a fair way from you as am in NE Scotland, I do know your are fairly well and my other half is a Wiltshire lass.  Look forward to seeing your progress

Hi Lawrence. The baseboards are dusted off so I should have some news to report soon.

John

Judging by the description in the review, it sits between the controller and the track and reads EMF feedback to tell what sounds to generate, so I presume it will only support the one track.

Oh that doesn't sound too promising then.

I'll have a word with my nearest UK stockist.

John

Welcome Signalmanson,

Great heredity!

Look forward to you outings in n scale Japanese trains! Friendly group here and loads of info!

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. 

Having dusted off the baseboard I'm trying to formulate a plan of action that will hopefully solve issues before rather than after the event.

So rather than leave it until last I'm going to start with the backdrops first - it should keep me busy until the first emu arrives !

John

Hi John, am also in to American railroads, I have constructed a duel level set up in the shed, the Japanese layout is in progress on the top level, the lower level will, eventually, see the reincarnation of a mainly B&O layout with some Pennsy stuff in there too

Hi John, am also in to American railroads, I have constructed a duel level set up in the shed, the Japanese layout is in progress on the top level, the lower level will, eventually, see the reincarnation of a mainly B&O layout with some Pennsy stuff in there too

I was hoping  a fairly quick sale of the American stock would help finance the new venture but no takers as yet.

When I explored the online  Classifieds there was no activity on Gumtree and not very much on Trade it so I opted to advertise it on  Preloved.

Any thoughts of any where else that might be worth a punt - other than ebay ?

Edited by signalmanson
Davo Dentetsu

From the UK, but haven't lived there since the latter days of British Rail.

I lasted a little longer, but not much...

I was hoping  a fairly quick sale of the American stock would help finance the new venture but no takers as yet.

When I explored the online  Classifieds there was no activity on Gumtree and not very much on Trade it so I opted to advertise it on  Preloved.

Any thoughts of any where else that might be worth a punt - other than ebay ?

There is no reason you couldn't advertise them on here John, also, at the risk of incurring the wrath of the bosses on here, have you discovered http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk you will find a number of us inhabit both forums and once you have sufficient posts (10 I think) you can advertise there too.

Please feel free to send me a list of what you are selling, I may not be buying but I may know others that are, drop me a PM for email details if you want.

There is no reason you couldn't advertise them on here John, also, at the risk of incurring the wrath of the bosses on here, have you discovered http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk you will find a number of us inhabit both forums and once you have sufficient posts (10 I think) you can advertise there too.

Please feel free to send me a list of what you are selling, I may not be buying but I may know others that are, drop me a PM for email details if you want.

Thanks Lawrence.

I've added the items on here now :- http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/9717-kato-atlas-north-american-n-scale-items/