Mangarahara: my japanese layout (to be) ...

FastFranz

Fantastic Francesco! Lots of fun stuff! Love the scenes appearing. The layout is coming along fast!

Great thing about the paper craft buildings is that you can keep making them and changing the layout around pretty cheaply!mthey look great and in your situation of limited result are a great aid I'm sure! Send me a pm if you want some more PDF files of buildings that I've downmoaded over the years from free sites,

Just gluing the printed paper to card stock can also make the buildings last much longer. I assume your humidity is pretty high there as well which paper craft hates! One trick is to spray both sides of the paper with some matte clear coat (ie cleare matte lacquer) before you cut things out. Actually helps the cutting a little. Then once assembled of a light coat on the structure inside and out and it seals it up well from moisture. Cheap hairspray will even work. Also using some popcicle sticks or other thin wood or plastic strips inside the walls and roofs will help them from warping with time.

Cheers

Jeff

Ciao,

Thanks fot Your kind remarks. As fas as paper building are concerned I use, either, thin cardboard (as said) and/or picture paper (usually used to print fotos), bit of chaclk to weather them a bit and a thin coat of acrilc mat, see-through, pain (in a spay can I took here from Italy), while it lasts!!! ... LLLOOOLLL!

Point is cardboard is a bit to "strong" living a small (a small line) marks were I fold it and paper photo is, generally, a bit too flexible. At any tare having, so far, focussed on small sized items the matter is, still, rather manageable. I think.

The tallest building, at the center of the city, has been - for the above reasons - wrapped around a piece of styrofam (cutted in advance).

Then, in the end ...

... MANGARAHARA RULES!!!

Francesco

Ciao

Tiny step today (lot of other problems ...): it's a house in (according to info grabbed on the net) the traditionan Gasshokuzuri japanese architecture.

Paper model - once again - modified/semplified in some detail by me. Edges of the roof will be darkened abit ...

Francesco

post-2923-0-90613900-1425556011_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ciao

I had had to return to Italy (two weeks, regrettably it's been an unpleasant matter).

But then I decided it was, also, time to pick up few update for Mangarahara (either new on line or used on e-Bay): buildings, car, trucks, wagons, clump foliage and other few tiny details.

It's been, kinda, an early Santa Kalaus arrival ... LLLOOOLLL!!!

BTW: is it true tha the Tomix "track cleaning tool" will be discontinued soon (to saty on the safe side i got one)?

post-2923-0-32311000-1427814989_thumb.jpg

post-2923-0-19451000-1427814997_thumb.jpg

post-2923-0-93486000-1427815003_thumb.jpg

post-2923-0-25994900-1427815010_thumb.jpg

post-2923-0-91049300-1427815015_thumb.jpg

Francesco,

Sorry to hear the trip home wasn't for pleasant reasons, but at least this pile is a small conciliation.

Nice additions to the layout! No had not heard the track cleaner is being discontinued! Hope not it seems like every third modeler has one!

Cheers

Jeff

Ciao,

Long time has passed (sorry!) from my last visit here. Meantime something new has happened in Mangarahara:

1) at left edge of the city some small shop (Seafood, Grocery, Coffe, Bakery, Butcher, Sushi Bar) started their business.

2) due to developing business two (large) tank have been built at aside (one each) of industrial plants.

In the end I add an overall view of Magarahara, as of today ... ;)

I) general view of the,new, market area,

II) detail of some of the shops,

III) Gas Tank n° 1,

IV) Overall view of Mangarahara (as od April 24th, 2915).

Francesco

post-2923-0-94388700-1429862024_thumb.jpg

post-2923-0-12435500-1429862037_thumb.jpg

post-2923-0-58414700-1429862057_thumb.jpg

post-2923-0-66145900-1429862069_thumb.jpg

Edited by FastFranz