JR 285 Sunrise Express in HO by Tomix

bnicolas1987

imho.. the model is very expensive for only four cars about 550 euros for basic set... 450-500€ for set A or  B ( 3 cars each ) the complete set near 2000 euros....

For my cassiopeia tomix complete set ( basic + a +b and engine (exclusive version) i paid 1200 euros total)

Edited by fenice19

imho.. the model is very expensive for only four cars about 550 euros for basic set... 450-500€ for set A or  B ( 3 cars each ) the complete set near 2000 euros....

For my cassiopeia tomix complete set ( basic + a +b and engine (exclusive version) i paid 1200 euros total)

If you order on http://item.rakuten.co.jp/wagon-ichi/821647/ and use http://www.jshoppers.com/forward/ for forwarding, the basic set will cost you approx. 330€ (without import tax) including shipping during their Rakuten campaign. 

Or, order on http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=RAIL-17929 (much faster, but you have to pay approx. 25€ more for EMS shipping)

Edited by Darklighter

The great thing about Japanese HO is that I can show the prices to Mrs. Squid and explain to her how thankful she should be that I'm sticking to N, rather than the HO/OO of my childhood.

Please no-one mention my current predilection for British and European N, which especially at current exchange rates is alarming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought that the price of Japanese HO models is quite reasonable for the quality of the product. Obviously they cost more than comparable N scale models, but I think that is offset by not having to have as big a fleet/collection.*

And I say this as someone who works for a living and isn't particularly wealthy.

*Although there's times I look at the cabinet that my models Iive in and I'm surprised at just how much my collection has grown over the years.

Cheers,

Mark.

bnicolas1987

Hi,

After a long time I manage to fit the train as Sunrise Seto and Sunrise Izumo.

composition.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

I'll manage to fit the two trains in DCC soon, It will be four decoder per train...

Cheers.

Nicolas

• Like 6
bnicolas1987

Hi,

This one will not be lighted, because the interiors are very undetailed.

It exists some interiors details but at the moment I don't think I'll fit it with, maybe later...

bnicolas1987

Hi,

I managed last week to fit in DCC one full set of the SUnrise express, it means four decoders...

Two function decoders for the cabine cars and two traction decoders for the motor cars.

Here are some pics to help people who would maybe like to do the same...

First, the cabine car, where a little work is needed on the PCB:

IMAG0157.jpg

How to retire the PCB, it is very easy:

IMAG0159.jpg

The car without PCB:

IMAG0160.jpg

Instruction on what to do on the PCB:

copy_IMAG0162.jpg

copy_IMAG0164.jpg

copy_IMAG0166.jpg

And how it is just before closing it...

IMAG0167.jpg

Continue in next message

bnicolas1987

Then, let's do the motor car:

IMAG0168~0.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

The green PCB is something to low the voltage, at the moment I don't know if I let it or not in serial with the motor.

The decoder work with it, but I'm not very satisfied with the motor speed.

copy_IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0178~0.jpg

And there is it, the decoder is fully invisible from the outside.

IMAG0179~0.jpg

I hope this will help someone, I'll speak later for the parameters of the decoders...

Bye.

Nicolas

• Like 4

Hi,

Last weekend I also ran the Sunrise Express on our modular layout, it was perfect, no problem at all.

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

And a very short video:

Cheers.

Nicolas

• Like 3

Wow, impressive Nicholas! Thanks for adding in the dcc installs, always great to add to the collection here of info like this!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4