cteno4

Guest keio6000

if i was more clever, this would be a haiku:

when mass produced chinese junk is marked up 1000%

is discounted 70%

is it a sale?

let's just call it a koan.

Edited by keio6000

I did get a set of these when released and they are good quality, I would not call them cheap. Detail is very good with many of the vehicles in set 1 and 2 having nice alternate parts (like scrap metal jaws with the heavy excavator along with a couple of I beams that you could bend up use in action, nice touch) and fine handrails to glue on. Some of the parts are precolored abs, bit all are good colors and look good (hit with some dull coat if you don't like the colored plastic feel, but from more than 6" you won't see this at all). These are right up there with tomytec vehicle quality and detail and at the same price point. These beat most anything you find like this in the rest of the world and at a much much better price. worth every bit of $3 ea. i was good with the original set I got when they were released at like $6 ea. I had no problem selling off extras around here at $6 ea at the train shows.

I think where they blew it was more on the vehicle selection that made this a slow mover, but many of the main ones had been done already I guess. Tomytec, fujimoto, and f-toys all came out with construction sets all at about the same time and how much construction stuff can you use! Is nice to have the street cleaner. Every layout needs one road repair operation, so a roller is ok. The fork lift is a very nice size. Beefy for a 3 stack of smaller containers, but not a huge 40' high stack lifter. Only other small yard option isn't the old tomix and its a very poor model with no details. Small crane is ok but a little odd, two you get extended and unextended booms and the solid lift bar and hook. But few layouts have snow scenes for a large airport sized snow blower! I guess put them in the yard area near the rail snow plows...

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

if i was more clever, this would be a haiku:

when mass produced chinese junk is marked up 1000%

is discounted 70%

is it a sale?

let's just call it a koan.

what did you say about Tomix?  :cussing:

they are nice.  but since they are randomly picked.  you could buy 10 for $30s, but you could end up with 7 sweepers.

Edited by katoftw

No these sets all come with two sets of the 5 vehicles in two colors. All the tomytec, fujimoto, ftoys and bandai sets are like this. It's the individual boxes you don't know what is in each, but each case has the same set of 10 or 12 in them. Many times the descriptions at sites will say they can't be sure and I think that may be covering their backsides and/or a translation thing. I have most all the vehicle kits out there (except some of the bus sets) and have never gotten otherwise nor have any of our club members. If it were truly random then it would definitely show in our random sample size!

Only thing different in tomytec and bandai cases is that you may get one set replaced by a special set that usually is the same vehicle but with a special paint job. These can be valuable later!

Cheers

Jeff