DigiQ Trains, anyone know these?

JRDude205

Has anyone ever seen these? I remember Starting to look for them when I was 10 back in 2005 when they were discontinued. But I somehow managed to snag one a while back. They're N size Micro IR RC trains by Konami. And I'm still trying to find them along with my N collection.

27171ff898a8cbc8803ae5365bf4843c.jpg

24f78bc11ec5145fc29d03272a524860.jpg

Edited by Trevor Creamer

Yes they looked very cool, but seemed to have a short niche run. There was a site up a few years back with a number of digiQ uber users that had some very fun layouts done with them.

Jeff

• Like 1

I was tempted to get a set to use for our club show to give kids something to run, but never popped on one. I have the very similar earlier version that is battery powered but no remote control. Plus a scad of the windups with similar track.

Jeff

I was tempted to get a set to use for our club show to give kids something to run, but never popped on one. I have the very similar earlier version that is battery powered but no remote control. Plus a scad of the windups with similar track.

Jeff

Oh awesome, Jeff!! I'd love to see some of them! :) Yeah, Unfortunately the year I found out about them is when they stopped production. They're very difficult to find, it seems.

Sort of in between, bigger than advanced and more compressed like a bbtrain shortie.

Brains started about the same time and their quick rise in popularity probably created a lot of competion and the demise of them...

Windups are big in the 100yen capsule toy vending machines (kato bet your kids found those on the last trip!). Bit smaller than digiQ. Track very similar to small plarail.

I've collected a variety of these kinds of toy trains over the years, all looked like thy hoped to be bigger series and all fizzled pretty quickly. Plarail had too good a hold of the market I suspect.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

I'm hoping to find some more for sale someday. I picked this set up for 75$ USD. The only thing I manage to find is a Crossover section for sale.

Hey Trevor, I know it's a while since you posted this, but I just got hold of a whole bunch of these marvellous little trains and accessories.  I just wondered how you're getting on with them and if you ever managed to grow your collection?

Cheers, Nigel

• Like 1

Hi Nigel!! 

Sorry it's been a while, I lost my account for some time.  
So far I haven't managed to grow my collection of find anymore of them...It's very hard to come across some. 😞
Glad to see you were able to acquire a large amount of them! ^_^

We have a set somewhere I believe.  At least, they look familiar.   Would have been the right timeframe 2003-2005 for us to have gotten some.  I'll have to ask my son.