Hobby Link Japan sale

cteno4

Wow thanks Jeff for sharing this! Very tempting prices indeed, and i could have sworn if i didnt have 2nd thoughts i would have plunge myself into HO just because of that lovely price on that HO Kiha 110!!!

• Like 1
serotta1972

Had a moment of weakness and ordered the HO Kiha 110 and the KiyuNi 17.  Also got the Sea Side Liner for Kiha66.

• Haha 1

I wasn't going to, but Jr was already ordering...   50% off is too good a deal to miss though, thanks for the heads up Jeff!

sadly they seem to be rotating things on sale for only a couple of days. hlj does this oddly sometimes. but now two sankei ghibli up today for 30% off. the other day before all the rr went up some other n scale sankei was up. ust keep checking

https://hlj.com/search/go?cnt=30&filter=itemgroup%3aSUMMERSALE2019Jun18&filter=itemgroup%3aSUMMERSALE2019Jun18&format=category&isort=globalpop&lbc=hobbylink&method=and&p=Q&ts=custom&uid=835720914&w=*&af=selectscale%3a1150scale

jeff

22 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

I wasn't going to, but Jr was already ordering...   50% off is too good a deal to miss though, thanks for the heads up Jeff!

Where do you see the Sea Side Liner at that good of a deal on the link Jeff listed?  I look at the same items and don't see it and searching for Sea Side Liner shows me a reasonable but not great price.  (I already have it so was looking more for the research)

Sadly the sale was only for 48 hrs it appears on the the rr category, usually as their sales build stuff stays up but it looks like as each set of categories comes up it only has like 48hrs live.

jeff

Also you might want to change the filter as a lot of the items have no scale, although at present that makes no difference

Just checked again not using the link, but just picked sale items, cars bikes and c and more, rail and real science and then remove the non rail filters and there are 94 item, some which are around 50% off

4 hours ago, chadbag said:

Where do you see the Sea Side Liner at that good of a deal on the link Jeff listed?  I look at the same items and don't see it and searching for Sea Side Liner shows me a reasonable but not great price.  (I already have it so was looking more for the research)

Sorry, I already got it!  When I got it it was about $50 for the set.  I suspect they only had one in stock.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Sorry, I already got it!  When I got it it was about $50 for the set.  I suspect they only had one in stock.

I have one, I was just looking things over had just failed to see it before you got it the first time I was looking at the sale, and went back after your report.

Good deal and enjoy!

Ok I think something went screwy with their site as all the categories are now back with their sales items. To to their home page and click on the sale link and then on all items and then on the railroad category or 1/150 scale.

sale ends thurs June 20 5pm jst.

jeff

On 6/18/2019 at 4:29 PM, cteno4 said:

Sorry feeling like the school yard pusher

jeff

I bought from them the first time in the main sale, Just now I got an email for a flash sale and appear to have been caught again.

They had a few older (5 years ago) magazines for ~170yen, not too sure whether to grab a couple.

very tempted by those JNR Era books, but the shipping is killer even if the books are dirt cheap.

• Like 1

Autum sale is on. not a lot there, Kato #4 points and a few tools. sonic btrain with alternate hoods.

server is crawling as it expect its getting lots of hits for their other stuff.

jeff

6 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Sorry forgot to post last night, hlj is hav8 g a print sale, their website was totally bogged down and pretty much non functional.

Aha!  I had tried ordering some regular stuff yesterday, but got a "there is a problem with your account" message when trying to check out with either Paypal or my credit card.  Just tried again now and it went through fine.  Now let's hope they can backorder some more of those cute Pizza Bikes.

roadstar_na6

Hmm weirdly I don‘t get a confirmation link for the account I just set up. Is it normal that it could take a while to receive that email?

They may be overloaded here. Usually confirmations of orders and such come thru quickly if thing work. Did you check all spam filters?

sadly they did a big site upgrade last year and I don’t thing their server account Chan handle the load when they get significant Traffic.

jeff

roadstar_na6

After quite a while the mail arrived.

Ordered some Gundams and a B-Train Shorty, I‘m excited to see how they compare to HobbySearch.

1 hour ago, roadstar_na6 said:

Ordered some Gundams and a B-Train Shorty, I‘m excited to see how they compare to HobbySearch.

I've used them both for ages.  I always check prices between the two.  For train stuff, Hobby Search stocks much more, but HLJ sometimes has better prices and sometimes has stuff in stock longer.  The HLJ two-month free storage Private Warehouse is magic!