Hobby Link Japan sale

cteno4

buyee is one i'm happy with also

Thanks. I had a look and some of the items are of interest. Do many of the sellers there (and on JAUCE) accept Paypal or credit cards like Visa or AMEX, or do I need to look at another form of payment? Also, how do you work out if the seller posts to locations outside Japan?

Thanks. I had a look and some of the items are of interest. Do many of the sellers there (and on JAUCE) accept Paypal or credit cards like Visa or AMEX, or do I need to look at another form of payment? Also, how do you work out if the seller posts to locations outside Japan?

Actually, Model Train Plus also do personal shopping on Yahoo Auctions. You can ask them to bid and buy for you for a small fee, no pre-payment or anything, which I think some venders like Jauce or Buyee might need (not sure on this). Also, they can ship your regular items which you buy from them together!

buyee is a yahoo purchasing service.  they charge you using a credit card.  the bid on your behalf, pay for item, and item is sent to them in japan, then the repack and send to your address.

they use ems for shipping, so it can get pricey depending on what you purchase.  so dont go buying low price items, as the shipping will kill you.

i brought a item recently.  Was a 2 car micro ace set.  finished at 8000 yen.  10% fee = 800 yen.  200 for ban transfer. 756 to tokyo location.  and 1500 for ems shipping to Queensland Australia.  All charged to credit card.

you can combine items as well so a single package can be shipped to you from Japan.  you still have to pay the shipping from yahoo seller to buyee location which is in Kanto region.  All auctions have shipping costs normally quoted, so you just check the shipping to Kanto option is you wanna do some calculations before you hit bid.

they charge you the item cost, the 10% and the 200 fee when item is won.  then they recieve the item at their location, the invoice you the 2 shipping costs.  at this point you can hold the items before paying and combine with others to save some ems shipping to your location.

Edited by katoftw

Thanks for the info guys. I might leave serious looking until after the New Year. As it so happens, the good people at ModelTrainPlus have a couple of pending orders for me anyway.

16 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Thanks for sharing Jeff!

Very interesting... some great deals like a Hakodate Liner, E217 new color, Keikyu 2100... at 50% off!!

Please... don't tempt me to Hokkaido please... I have enough islands to worry about...

Edited by JR 500系
14 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Must not purchase hakodate liner, must not purchase hakodate liner, must not purchase hakodate liner!

at 6000 yen only... it's so hard NOT to....

Please, someone, just buy it off the shelves already....

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

at 6000 yen only... it's so hard NOT to....

One less on the shelf.

17 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

I will help the temptation, another one is now missing off the shelf. ;)

15 hours ago, splifdfx said:

One less on the shelf.

1 hour ago, keiichi77 said:

I will help the temptation, another one is now missing off the shelf. ;)

Thanks guys! Appreciate your support to Takahashi town not expanding budget into Hokkaido!

57 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

But now stock is running out, which only increases the temptation!  :grin

It will die eventually when the stocks run out... hang in there!   :P

Hang on, I just checked. The stocks are out. Rejoice!!!

Edited by JR 500系
38 minutes ago, VJM said:

Thankyou.... scored the Tomix Moka C11 and associated Moka coaches for 50% off.

Although my wallet isn't particularly happy. 

Haha but I am very sure the wallet is happier now than if there wasn't a 50% sale...   :P

Something I really like about these HLJ sale... their discount is really big compared to many other sales! 50% is truly remarkable!

Thanks to Jeff again for the headsup! (though I will have nightmares of the Hakodate Liner haunting me every night...)

• Haha 1

Just noticed the monster 1/45 dd51 aoshima model is 25% off on this sale. Last one it was 40% odd and was calling till I saw the postage.

jeff

I think there may be a few new bits up on the sale as I’m seeing some new things, or I was just very tired the first time I went thru it...

I was about to get a few items, but then shipping was going to be over $50!  No thank you, seems like they are trying to make back the sale and more in shipping.

Could be I just hit the wrong combo of items.  Its funny how you're happy paying an extra $50 for stuff you dont need if its at a discount, but an extra 5-10 on the shipping will suddenly remind you that you really dont need that extra kit!