Model railway layout bar

Eurostar25

Not too sure if there's a thread on this already but my partner and I were walking around Ginza last night and happened to come across one of the bars which had a model railway layout running around it. I convinced her to go in but her expectation was it to be a seedy place full of train nerds. It turned out the opposite, we were the only ones there and the bar tender made it a pleseant evening. Drinks were a bit steep and there's the seating charge as well but we managed to stay about an hour and a half

Ended up walking out with some Taki cars which you could purchase but most importantly the girlfriend saying, it would be cool if you could set something up like that at home, I'd help out!

Made my trip! (Off to Akihabara today with this newfound freedom)

post-921-0-97767900-1416961905_thumb.jpg

hey sounds like you had a fun time and have brought your girlfriend around to the darkside! now you just have to incorporate the bar into the home layout! but not a bad idea at all!

have a fun trip and dont let the cc go too wild with the new freedom!

jeff

... Drinks were a bit steep and there's the seating charge as well ...

That's railways for you!

... but most importantly the girlfriend saying, it would be cool if you could set something up like that at home, I'd help out!

Made my trip! (Off to Akihabara today with this newfound freedom)

You see?  There is a God !!!

Yeah I thought it was the bar too from begin japanology too, however the layout looked a bit different. Still a good little place, he had Kyushu trains running and mentioned they change them every week to another locality.

Incorporating the skinny module into a bar did suddenly cause numerous planning ideas to pass through me, but with the added approval from the other half, I might have to put pen to paper and start planning

Shopped all around Akihabara yesterday and now we are about to head to kyoto, from memory there was a Popondetta in the Aeon mall complex near the station, so I might see if someone could be persuaded to detour inside after we arrive :)

I was pretty impressed with the automatic 3 way signal on the layout in the bar, it was a tomix version but my layout track is mostly kato but I'm sure they will make a similar version. Might have to stretch the budget a bit more!