Kato Hannover Tram body

whoppit

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to remove the body on the N scale kato Hannover tram? Need to know if the windows are a separate moulding so as to make it easier to repaint.

Thanks

I'm at work right now so I can't check, but I think the tram shown in that blog is the HO scale version.

Cheers,

Mark.

Ah, you might be right there. I was fooled by the DCC decoder and lack of other objects to compare, but it does look too detailed for N.

I'll check when I get home tonight. I've got a small fleet of things - two in Hannover livery, and one each in Dortmund and BOGESTRA paint, plus trailer cars. They're lovely little things.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

The windows on the Kato tramcars aren't a separate moulding. The complete body is moulded in transparent plastic and then painted.

Cheers,

Mark.

Having seen one of these in a shop, it's blindingly obvious the one in the site I linked to is not N, as the N version is all motor inside... :blush:

Kind of want one now though...

After seeing your post I checked my cars and found that there are two body types, one with separate window mouldings and the other with a one piece transparent shell. So I assume there are different production runs? Interesting...

Cheers,

Mark.

Checks mine (model 14-070: I had to go and get one, seeing as I could order it online post-free from Yodobashi using points I had left over), mine looks like utrania's picture; it looks like the windows could be removed with some care.

Tiny little thing, goes like the clappers.

• Like 1

Hi,just wanted to say that looks great.This was the first tram I bought,I run it on tomix wide tram track,had a bit of trouble running at low speeds,seems it's to do with the weight(or lack of it)being n gauge it's very light and unless track is spotlessly clean with excellent connections it tends to stick a bit at low speeds.I replaced all my connectors on the track and re laid it and it runs fine now.Another trick is to add some weight to the inside,lead weights in the roof maybe? Paul

• Like 1

Hi,just wanted to say that looks great

Thanks mate, had two and wanted  to repaint one to a European style colour scheme, was pleased with the outcome

Third trick is to use a PWM throttle (like a Tomix one) that switches between full power and coasting at high frequencies. That can get through high resistance spots on the track-wheel interface much easier than plain DC.

ps: The repainted tram looks really nice. Do you plan to add any lettering on it or a route indicator sign somewhere?

ps: The repainted tram looks really nice. Do you plan to add any lettering on it or a route indicator sign somewhere?

If i could find some n scale decals i would, seems to be none out there?