Kanjo 完乗 - Perfect travel

Kitayama

I have to confess something. I'm a noritetsu, a person who likes to travel as many railway lines as possible. My target is Japan. According to my statistics, I have travelled by train in Japan for 187 days. Some days maybe only a trip to the shopping mall in Kuzuha, some days much more. At 130 days (out of the 187), I have travelled a railway line for the first time.  So far, I have travelled 48% of the network (including subways and tramways).  My goal is to do 100%  a k a Kanjo - "Perfect travel" - before I'm leaving this planet. (Read more about kanjo here: http://www.desktoptetsu.com/kanjo.htm ).

My wife is currently in Japan visiting her parents. So, how have I spent my evenings after my work at the Head Office of SJ, the largest passenger rail company in Sweden?

I have made travel plans for the rest!! I need "just" ~145 days to complete the whole network. I travel in Japan ~15 days per year. Hmmm... 10 more years before the goal is completed.

When I tell my wife about this, she will call me Nerd, Otaku and similar Japanese words. But, she joins me on the trips if I go the to some nice place, onsen or mountains. But the Kansai and Kanto suburb lines, I have to travel alone.... 

End of confession.  /Göran (a k a Kitayama)

• Like 3
lurkingknight

lol. That's 10 years provided that they don't put new network down. :P

I understand completion ocd very well, I'm sure I suffer from it as well in some form, but not regarding train ridership... more like... must get projects complete for deadlines, at the cost of quality.

Kitayama, no wonder your site is so amazing.

Something to aspire to, the information it contains.

Meanwhile, I love the idea of Kanjo and will have to get started when I'm older and richer.

I wonder if we should build a site where you can list the routes you've done already?

To paraphrase james brown's songy "say it loud, im black and proud"... "say it loud, im a railfan and proud.". My first trip to Japan will be Solo so I can RIDE stuff every damn day!!! Lol. Can't wait. Already wrote the itinerary. And this trip us 2 years in the future.