Track plan "transfer" idea.

Nick_Burman

Hello,

While browsing the web on my usual quest for trackplans, I came across the attached trackplan. This is based on the Edgemoor & Manetta, a one-horse shortline in the Carolinas, but I've been thinking if couldn't be turned into a Japanese-prototype layout? In my mind this layout could be used in five scenarios:

- As an industrial line, maybe with passenger service for employees (like the Nippon Oil & Fats line at Taketoyo near Nagoya - http://tsushima-keibendo.a.la9.jp/JNR-taketoyo/nihon-yushi.html);

- As a very small common-carrier (again, maybe with passenger service using a "mule" car) connecting with JNR or a larger private railway;

- As a freight-only spur of a larger private railway or of the JNR itself;

- As a very short branch line (with passenger service) of a private railway.

Like the original E&M, the main customer would be a large textile (silk?) mill.

Motive power could be steam, diesel or electric. I think this is an ideal layout for the World Kougei GE loco, or my Tsugawa 7t diesel.

What do you guys think about it? My idea is to adapt the layout to fit into a 2x width by 4x length T-Trak modules, with the track at "Edgemoor" placed to as to form an interface with other T-Track modules. I'm thinking of doing this layout as a mean of soaking up my stock of Unitrack.

Cheers NB

post-283-0-64528000-1414198308_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nick_Burman
  • Like 2