Showing off

NEX-989

come on guys

dont be shy

otherwise im just going to pretend i got the biggest.... :)

This is just sounding like a bad dirty joke, reminds me of the BCLD jokes.

Jeff

72 boxes, all B-Trains that have been assembled.  20 cars per box.  As many still unbuilt in boxes as built in cases...  I am going to sell off a lot of the unbuilt items but at the same time not everything.

I'll get a photo or two in the next couple of days.

Edited by nickhp

Nick, that's a serious btrain addiction! You are mainlining dude! Want to see a picture of that many btrains displayed!

Jeff

Krackel Hopper

I got to meet Nick at a show in Kansas City at the beginning of the year and see a few of his B-Trains. I was impressed to see most things he had were of prototypical length.. which in the B-Train world often requires several additional boxes..

I got to see his layout again just last month at a show in Wichita (not sure where he was) and that layout is deceptively simple. There is so much good scenery that you never really notice the layout is a simple double track oval.

I currently have 6 Casco boxes (20 per) plus a shelf displaying my bullets & sleepers (72 cars) and easily just as many (probably more) unbuilt than built cars.. puts me in the neighborhood of 400 cars.. Just need a few thousand more and I'll be on par with Nick..

Nick

All btrains at 20 cars per box!?

I thought I had about 120 regular n scale japanese sets, then when the Japanese film crew was interested in videoing our collections I started counting and got to 160 cases and there were more here and there. I scared myself and stopped... Must do it soon for insurance though. I tried to be more controlled with the btrains!

Cheers

Jeff

Martijn Meerts

Need to do another count of mine as well, but I have the same issue as Jeff... I don't really want to know what I have, since then I'll also know how much I've spent on them, which is going to be a rather scary amount I guess :)

I'm scared to think of what I've spent so far, and I'm very n00b still. I console myself with the fact that spread over the 25 year break, annually it's still quite a small amount.

Spaceman Spiff

I get scared every time I go to do it! Really do need to do the inventory for insurance purposes, that's important!

Jeff

I have no idea what I have but I do know I have over 140 decoder addresses assigned with one address used for multiple units.

For those of you with extra insurance, who do you use? Anyone use NMRA?

http://www.nmra.org/model-insurance

Spiff

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

Interesting. But NMRA probably won't be much of a help setting values on Japanese collections though...

The thought of trying to replace all my painted trains.

Jeff

• Like 1

Interesting. But NMRA probably won't be much of a help setting values on Japanese collections though...

The thought of trying to replace all my painted trains.

Jeff

Hello Mr Jeff,

I agree.  I have trains that I just can't buy any more.  Irreplaceable.  Even adequate compensation would not provide relief. 

BTW, if I was to stack all my train cases up the pile would be over 6.3m ... or 20' 7" ... and that is not counting small jewel cases for single cars.

Martijn Meerts

I'm sure newhall will still have all the special/rare/painted stuff in stock, you just have to be willing to pay 3-4 times the actual price ;)

• Like 1

BTW, if I was to stack all my train cases up the pile would be over 6.3m ... or 20' 7" ... and that is not counting small jewel cases for single cars.

That's quite a library.  We haven't seen you lately, I hope all is well.