Tomix-5

Micro Ace-10
Kato-34

post-1181-0-24957100-1412246051_thumb.jpg

btw im 1,72m ;-)

Edited by NEX-989
  • Like 3

Cool!  *Salutes!

<50% Kato! Like 70% perhaps? I counted 54 boxes, but there's a B-Shorty and 3 crystal cases at the very top ~  :P

I haven't done that yet, but I have the fear of the cases dropping while i'm stacking them up, or the bottom-most case getting the most pressure from the top and buckling/ breaking.... Can't risk them... Nonetheless a good way to show off your train collection!  :) 

Cool!  *Salutes!

<50% Kato! Like 70% perhaps? I counted 54 boxes, but there's a B-Shorty and 3 crystal cases at the very top ~  :P

I haven't done that yet, but I have the fear of the cases dropping while i'm stacking them up, or the bottom-most case getting the most pressure from the top and buckling/ breaking.... Can't risk them... Nonetheless a good way to show off your train collection!   :)

no risk

no fun

crystal cases are a single car and 2 Trams

I have nothing to compensate for with my early 90s Keisei collection. Mostly MicroAce and GreenMax. Recently mostly GreenMax. And model trains have become part of my work now.

• Like 1

I could easily make a taller column, but made almost entirely out of jewel cases and tomytec paper boxes and they are not stable enough to do so. Also, i think arranging them horizontally, like a bookshelf is more in line with the original intention of the manufacturers.

come on guys.....

Pics please :)

It's not the cumulative height of your boxes, it's what you do with them that counts ;)

• Like 1

Yes, i think the best way to show trains is on a layout, running. (or just standing around waiting for their turn)

Hmmm, that way i can't be a show off, since my layout is waiting for the construction crew to finish their review of the blueprints. 

Already ordered a salary reduction to the main engineer, the guy is not up to the expectations :)

Yes, i think the best way to show trains is on a layout, running. (or just standing around waiting for their turn)

Make it like a nature documentary.

"And behind this wall, we see the frolicking JNR trains. But if they're not careful, the JR Group in the long brush will surely make a meal of them. You can see the JR Group ready to pounce. The JNR trains seem to have noticed there is a disturbance, but it's far too late. JR Group attackes, and the unfortunate JNR trains are taken back to the JR lair, to be parted off and shared amongst the Group."

I'd totally watch that.

Edited by Keikyu
  • Like 3