Tapatalk pop up

I use my tablet to visit the JNS fourm and would ask the moderators to disable the very annoying "tapatalk" pop up that never goes away, even after checking "don't ask me again". The small amount of research I've done says the purpose of tapatalk is to track the user and push advertising, in short it's malware.

Thank you

Alan

Edited by Mauka
Martijn Meerts

I'll have a look at whether it's possible to turn the popup off.

I don't use it often myself, but I've never actually seen any ads in the tapatalk iOS app. Of course, if tracking users and pushing advertising is malware, I guess Google should watch out ;)

I don't mind advertising, but what is annoying about "tapatalk" is when it pops up you can't get to the forum unless you respond. And it has a check box to "don't show this again", but several days later there it is again, blocking the forum from loading into my browser.

Sorry to whine about this, and thanks for looking into it.

Alan

Mobile browsers have the tendency to forget certain session cookies, like the preferred view mode. After a browser restart i usually have to switch back from mobile view to desktop mode. The reason is that the cookie storing the settings for this is only kept as long as the browser process is running, which in case of a mobile phone could be weeks or more. Interestingly, the login cookie is kept, since i remain logged in even though the view switches to mobile view. The tapatalk popup kept popping up on the top for some time, then i just blocked it and keep switching to desktop mode instead, since it has more features and imho a better overall view. (but much smaller fonts on the tiny screen)