Not broken, but disassembled...

The Next Station Is...

The Next Station Is...

During my first decoder installation I decided to disassemble a Kato EF210-100 locomotive to give it a thorough service and I thought it would be interesting to share a couple of photos of all the parts laid out. It's not a complete disassembly as I haven't taken apart the motor and some very delicate detailing on the body has been left as is, but it is probably as disassembled as most people would want to go.

post-940-0-32998600-1411406989_thumb.jpg

post-940-0-88137500-1411407066_thumb.jpg

The tolerance for some of these component are so tight that snapping and unsnapping them together will work once or twice. I don't think I have the guts to do what you did. Lol. You da Man!

Inobu

Martijn Meerts

There's not much point taking the motor apart, considering they're not really serviceable. If a motor fails, the general idea is to just get a new motor, rather than try to replace the brushes or anything.

My locomotives often end up looking like this as well every time I do a DCC install, considering I tend to do a complete round of cleaning/oiling/greasing.

• Like 1
The Next Station Is...

The tolerance for some of these component are so tight that snapping and unsnapping them together will work once or twice. I don't think I have the guts to do what you did. Lol. You da Man!

Inobu

I did snap a bogie frame during re-assembly but that was down to method; I have now learnt from my mistake and know how to re-assemble these correctly!