Howdy Everyone

gr-ex

Hi everyone,

Another UK resident here...

Just thought I'd quickly introduce myself before posting anywhere else on the site.

As I'm sure with everyone else registered on here, I'm a huge fan of Japanese N Gauge. I was quite young ( can't remember how old I actually was ) when I was first introduced to the idea of Japanese N Gauge by my Dad and I was lucky enough to be able to run trains on the famous 'Seibu Shinjuku' layout before it was broken down for parts.

Ever since then it's been Japanese trains all the way.

I've currently got a British themed layout which I'll slowly be converting to Japanese. I'll hopefully have some pictures up on the forum soon.

Grant.

Claude_Dreyfus

Welcome indeed. We converted our UK outline layout to Japanese back in 2008 and had a successful 6 years exhibiting it around the south of England. It was a interesting and ultimately rewarding experience.

We sold it earlier this year, ironically to be converted back to UK outline!

Welcome Grant! UK (or rUK?) citizen resident in Japan, relative newbie to Japanese N-gauge but enjoying it immensely.

the famous 'Seibu Shinjuku' layout before it was broken down for parts.

Do you have more information on this layout? That's my local line :)

Edited by railsquid

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!  :)

@cteno4 I certainly will, am attempting to take pictures of it as we speak.

@Claude_Dreyfus I have to say Yamanouchi was one of my biggest inspirations for converting my layout, I absolutely loved what you'd done with the landscape and couldn't believe I'd missed out on the chance to buy it when I was trawling through the thread a couple of months ago.

Fantastic work on Kanjiyama too, you're attention to detail is on point.

@miyakoji thank you!

@railsquid just UK :) The Seibu Shinjuku layout is unfortunately no longer in existence having been broken down for parts and last I heard only the terminus remains.

-- Yes Claude it was, and that is the correct spelling. I used to go to his shop every other weekend, play around with the new stock, have a run around on the layout and then come away with some new rolling stock.

@kvp yes that's the one!

Thanks. Looks nothing like the real thing, but I applaud this sentiment: "During operating sessions not only Seibu Railway trains are run but also trains of JR-East and JNR (predecessor to JR-East), Odakyu Railway and even Kintetsu are run. The owner of the layout likes to run attractive, colourful trains, even if they are not prototypical or representative for the the area, railway or period modelled." ;)