In the trend of refreshing liveries for the new age of railways, I present to you the new livery of Shin-Keisei. Stepping off from the late 80s cream, brown and bordeaux, Shin-Keisei has gone all balls to the wall and incorporated white and screaming pink. It's pretty close to magenta, but they themselves call it 'gentle pink'. I'm not so sure what's so gentle about this colour coming from an artist's perspective, but hey, it surely is refreshing.

Anyway, here is a video of 8816F on a test run on the main line in the new livery:

8918F slow running in the Kunugiyama depot:

Now, I'm not sure if Shin-Keisei will now go up or down my favourite list... A completely pink arsenal of rolling stock might be a bit too much for me. It certainly won't be my first Shin-Keisei model I will buy, that's for sure.

Indeed daft on a non-stainless steel train. It's very bland in design... It reminds me a lot of bad fantasy liveries people come up with from time to time. There should have been an extra line above the window level to make it a bit less monotone.

Just add a T-COM (Deutche Telecom) advertisement text and it's a perfect fully wrapped ad paint. Btw, this color is called magenta and the germans already sued at&t for using it together with white, which is their main brand color combination. (they even went so far to patent it) I'm sure in theory and on paper this paint looked like a good idea for the management.

This colour isn't magenta. Magenta has RGB code #FF00FF, whereas the Gentle Pink has code #E83192. It contains 79% Magenta in the CMYK perspective, so you're not too far off. (*´ω`*)

P.s. I'm an avid user of Magenta. Just thought you'd like to know.

Edited by Toni Babelony
bikkuri bahn

Should go back to cream and brown.  White should only be used in stripes (ok, I take exception with shinkansen).  But I suppose this scheme is considered "cute" or something by the general population.

What is the consensus amongst Japanese railfans about this? It certainly seems like a dramatic change. I wonder how they'll look after the undercarriage gets dirty.

Shin-Keisei says it looks fitting for a metropolitan area. Railfans think it looks cheap and would fit a ladies clinic or a highway bus company more. At least that's what I can gather from the internets.

Martijn Meerts

Gentle pink? I don't think I want to see their version of not-so-gentle pink, I think my eyes might explode.

Edited by Martijn Meerts

This colour isn't magenta. Magenta has RGB code #FF00FF, whereas the Gentle Pink has code #E83192. It contains 79% Magenta in the CMYK perspective, so you're not too far off. (*´ω`*)

Gentle pink is the color in the sin keisei logo: 

img_logo.png

The trains look a little bit different on the two videos, but maybe it's not the paint but how the light reflects from it.

Btw, could someone tell what is this color:

Shin-Keisei_204.jpg

It's an old keisei 200 series and maybe they wanted to use this color, just couldn't really find it...

This looks unprofessional and childish. But if Shin-Keisei want to present their company as unprofessional and childish this is the way to go.

The Next Station Is...

I'm not a fan of it, but I wonder what non-railfans think - the commuters and travellers that Shin-Keisei make their money from.

Gentle pink is the color in the sin keisei logo: 

img_logo.png

The trains look a little bit different on the two videos, but maybe it's not the paint but how the light reflects from it.

The colour differs when light falls on it, but it's all Gentle Pink.

Btw, could someone tell what is this color:

(...)

It's an old keisei 200 series and maybe they wanted to use this color, just couldn't really find it...

The official names of these colours are Candy Pink (top) and Maroon (bottom). The Candy Pink is in fact very close to JNR Cream No.4. The maroon is a standard maroon/bordeaux, probably faded lightly in this picture by the harsh sun and age of the picture.