Blank DDf 12' containers

Finally inexpensive containers again and cheaper than the old tomix ones!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10288873

Nariichi San at MTP should be getting these soon at a cheaper price maybe!

So hopefully we will have another run of jrm custom containers with the jrm logo on one side and got Shinkansen goji on the other for sale later here!

Cheers

Jeff

Martijn Meerts

Interesting.. Would be cool to get a bunch of them and do a JNSForum logo on them, and send them out to people who donate.. 1 container per certain amount donated or something :)

Never heard about this manufacturer. Do they have permission from KATO to use the KATO logo and part numbers on their products?

they are a niche place mainly doing dioramas,

btw hobby search put that comment in about container they were just stating it is almost identical to that. i do believe no permission is required to do so.

as they are only mentioning as a comparison not claiming it`s the same product.

I was going from the fact, that the grey DDF containers have the KATO logo and a product number for a 5 container set molded into their bottoms...

10288873a.jpg

yeah i noticed those logos also.  either they manufacture for kato or they are buying from the same manufacturer that supplies for kato.  i brought some a few days ago.

Perhaps DDf bought a few crates of these that fell off the back of a container so da speak like des doz downd dat da docks...

Or a big overproduction mistake DDf bought up?

This odd I did not notice the kato stamps!

But great price for our club containers. When I made a set that we presented to mr kato last year I had to make a special set by stripping some kato containers and re painting instead of using the blank tomix ones we were using!

Great idea martijn for doing jns containers! Only trouble we had with the jrm ones is they cost so dang much to ship around the world these days when we sent out ones to other clubs around the world a couple of years back.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Martijn Meerts

Jeff, yeah.. There'd have to be a minimum in order for it to work out, but that minimum might be a bit much depending on the country.. 

It looks like they are cosmetic blems or quality standard defects.

The pieces may have passed the mold check but failed the silkscreening

paint check. Look at the container door imprint on the lower left.

Japanese are keen on presentation. I find it odd that someone just snapped

A picture of a pile of container.

Just a thought

Inobu

Inobu,

Yeah forgot to mention that, that was my other thought as well.

We shall see, I ordered a few. Soooo much cheaper than other options and Tomix have not been rerun for years now.

Jeff

I'll check mine out when they arrive also.  Luckily even with 22 koki freight cars i still have too many containers.  These were just gonna be for a container yard.  Hidden in between regular containers to give more container volume to the yard.