1/144 (N Scale) Castles

Thanx kvp.  It's always good to know these kind of historical facts.

I guess mine will be historically incorrect in that it will be built on a hill-top.

gerryo

Another fantastic piece of work.  6 days, almost to the minute, and I have received my castle.

But this thing comes in about 1,000 pieces,  maybe that's stretching it a bit, but I will probably have 1,000 questions.

First one:  Is this made of styrene plastic, and would regular model glue be ok on this?

gerryo

Well maybe 82 pieces! It should go together pretty quickly. Most all the parts are precolored so you can get away w.o a lot of pre painting unless you want to be really detailed!

These are stryene models so regular model cement will work fine. if you have any doubts about your cement, cut a couple hunks of the plastic spruce off and test glue them to make sure It works well.

Normal plastic model building stuff with these i.e. extra glue outside the joint will show up, so be sparing with the glue. If the final structure looks a bit too glossy/plastic just hit it with some spray dull coat to knock the shine off. Bit of makeup powder on the roof valleys will make it look very real!

Have fun!

Jeff

You're right Jeff. 

And katoftw, it's fantastic how many pieces you can get in a box.  Don't believe Jeff when he says 82.  There must be thousands in here.

gerryo 

79, 80, 81, 1000... ;-p. Wish they would count out my cash when I am making a deposit at the bank!

It looks like a nice kit and reasonable price! I think it will go together pretty quickly.

Just be glad you did not get the Kumamoto 1/144 scale kit. It has 4 boxes packed super tight with sprees. Only 570 pieces, so fewer than yours... I think you would have had a coronary if you opened that box Gerryo! I know I almost fainted!

Cheers,

Jeff